[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

The Defence Manifesto let me think that maybe the combination of Iron Reflexes and Magebane may be a good idea.

Thought about starting TR / CA next league but the Ranger Classes seems up in the air with those changes.

This Champion version seems to be a good Build to test the Iron Reflexes and Magebane combination and other forms of Defence.

At the moment the Damage might be slightly higher (Buff of DOT Dmg on passive tree) and the Defence might be "differently".

But at the moment TR does not look like a bad league start as far as I can see.

And it is a stable league start build for some time.

Hi, will this be updated for 3.16?
"
Mamluke38 a écrit :

"
Slowdice2 a écrit :
The Defence Manifesto let me think that maybe the combination of Iron Reflexes and Magebane may be a good idea.

Spoiler
Thought about starting TR / CA next league but the Ranger Classes seems up in the air with those changes.

This Champion version seems to be a good Build to test the Iron Reflexes and Magebane combination and other forms of Defence.

At the moment the Damage might be slightly higher (Buff of DOT Dmg on passive tree) and the Defence might be "differently".

Hey... Yes, Mamluke. I'll be updating it once PoB is updated. It was huge of GGG to drop patchnotes today. I'm currently reading through those. I'll post a video with my thoughts, probably tomorrow, but we won't have specifics until updated community fork.

Slowdice, I totally agree with you. There is going to be something that we can do to make everything work. Darkee got a bunch of attention when he posted his pre-3.16 patchnotes TR Champ version, so I'm feeling pretty confident we'll be able to survive just fine.
~Donkster5
"
Thanks sooo much for posting this build!

Spoiler
I tried playing HC with a raider and with a necromancer, and both failed miserably to Piety with her annoying beam... so I've decided to try something tankier, and came across your build.

Smashed Piety and Malachai like little cockroaches, and currently at level 64 feeling so overpowered like nothing can stop me :D

With this build HC league finally feels easy enough to actually start enjoying it instead of constantly feeling afraid of dying.

The Scorpion's Call quiver is amazing with its ~150-200hp regen. Together with a stone golem it gives me permanent 300hp regen, and with 2K+ life I'm feeling like tanking anything (at level 64, lol). So it feels like I'll be finally able to reach the maps in Hardcore <3

I really, really like that with this build I can separate DPS concerns from defense. For DPS I basically have to buy/craft a decent bow and keep leveling my gems. For defense the recommended passive tree gives a ton of HP, certainly enough to feel comfortable.

For leveling it's enough to grab any found gear with some life and resistances, maybe craft some more res with the bench, and the rest is easy.

I also enjoy using decoy totem right after I've spammed the TR totems, so that the monsters go straight to them and get melted away, while I am free to jump around and collect loot / evade boss attacks. It's like the killing is 99% automated, all you got to do is place those totems and manage your mana.

FYI, you don't need really need a decent bow for up to levels 55-60. I've killed Piety and Malachai with just a 3-linked bow with +1 to bow skill gems.

Thanks again for the great guide, and take care! :)

Awesome, thanks for sharing!
~Donkster5
Seems to be a really solid League starter. And there are no new Skill Gems that are interesting for me.

Toxic Rain unchanged from Patch notes and we are supposed to get more DOT Multi on Gear/Tree so Damage should be fine.

Dodge is gone but there should be other Possibilities that may even be better like Iron Reflex / Magebane or just stacking a lot of Armor / Evasion.

Maybe Shadowstitch would be nice for the later?
Why no CA for clear?
Hi Donkster5,

Thank you for keeping this build alive for 3.16.

I will be using it as a league starter and look forward to POB being updated by those good folks and getting a peek at what the 3.16 version will look like once you get a chance to make your changes for this league.

"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
Mamluke38 a écrit :

"
Slowdice2 a écrit :

Spoiler

Hey... Yes, Mamluke. I'll be updating it once PoB is updated. It was huge of GGG to drop patchnotes today. I'm currently reading through those. I'll post a video with my thoughts, probably tomorrow, but we won't have specifics until updated community fork.

Slowdice, I totally agree with you. There is going to be something that we can do to make everything work. Darkee got a bunch of attention when he posted his pre-3.16 patchnotes TR Champ version, so I'm feeling pretty confident we'll be able to survive just fine.

where can we found the video?
Are there any general skill recommendations until we can equip Toxic Rain when league starting?
Dernière édition par AndyLovesHisBge, le 18 oct. 2021 00:48:18
"
AndyLovesHisBge a écrit :
Are there any general skill recommendations until we can equip Toxic Rain when league starting?

as i tested this recently... probably go steel skills (splitting till 12 and them shattering till i would say 4 links) cause caustic arrow kinda feels bad damage wise^^"

there is a youtube vid from imexile where he runs a TR champ build to maps in 4:12 hrs using these to before switching around lvl31 or so (once he has the necessary points on the tree + 2 4-links)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires