[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
the_overmind92 a écrit :
"
FinYuna a écrit :

Have you tested with this gear on 3.15?
I mean is dps as viable as its on videos what you linked on page 19?

Just tested with my Standard char.

Here's The Feared with two deaths.
I played like a total noob here, not really actively dodging boss mechanic but still able to complete a rare invitation.

-----

Prior to the fight, I did swapped out Swift Affliction to Lifetap to get rid of Mana altogether.

Additionally, I removed a jewel to use The Siege instead for the Maim (to enable my belt enchant).
Toxic rain doesn't care about Pierce/Chain, and the Knockback doesn't slow down clear speed too much if you already killing mob fast. And I don't have to use Maim support on my Frenzy link (Guaranteed vs Chance based ).

Also added an Intuitive Leap at this location to grab these notable to free up reservation / points for The Siege.

-----

So far I didn't noticed too much drop in DPS.

-----

PS: For Medium Cluster Jewels I prefer hald of them to be the totem base because with Sleepless Sentry + Ancestral Reach + Ancestral Echo you get a lot of placement speed, which we needed for clear speed and replacing dying totems.

Thanks for reply.
Got some dot gear left so i think i give this a try for sure.
Be frank, this is some hybrid build. It's not tank nor damage dealer.
I've played it out of boredom, got more or less same gear and it's...pfff
"
Say_No_More a écrit :
Be frank, this is some hybrid build. It's not tank nor damage dealer.
I've played it out of boredom, got more or less same gear and it's...pfff

Please please, just Say_No_More. Thanks.

Can't confirm the veracity of your claims or help as your profile is private. Feel free to open that up if you'd like.

You're right that it is a hybrid. It is both tanky and does good damage; not stand around tanky, but active tank. Additionally, the build can be min/maxed well beyond my guide. See my build philosophy. If you are a POE DPS Elitist, then feel free to scoff at anything under 10MM dps, but that is darn well good enough to do the entire game without issues, especially when it is DoT DPS.

Cheers!
~Donkster5
Hi, Donkster5! Thanks for the guide.

I've been playing the build for a long while now on PS4 among other builds and I'm looking to pump up my bossing capabilities with it.

Do you have any thoughts on using Rain of Splinters?

Right now, I run the utility setup on my chest piece and I like it a lot. I'm trying to craft some nice Despair on Hit ring. When I get it, I will swap some of the supports on the self-attack to Life Gained on Hit and maybe Culling Strike. I think stacking LGoH and getting a bit of accuracy (if I find a way) would do wonders for withered stacks from Withering Touch and for recovering life.

If you check my character THNewBleeder, I'm running Persevearence for perma-Onslaught. I like it a lot, as I feel like this extra bit of speed makes wonders for the build. I am trying to get Sleepless Sentries on a Totem DMG cluster, then I will ditch the belt in favor of a rare, possibly something with Increased Life Recovery Rate for extra regen.

Even though I play softcore standard on PS4, this character is entirely SSF. Only now I bought a totem cluster from trade and only because of the huge bottleneck it is in advancing the character.
"
the_overmind92 a écrit :
By the way, one things that I've notice when playing around.
By using a Large Thread of Hope, we can grabs Panopticon and Ironwood this way.

This open up powerful amulet annoint such as Corruption if your resistance allowed.

I personally didn't use this method because I didn't path to this section of the trees due to lack of points from running two Large Cluster.

Posting here just so you guys know there's this way around.

Hi, man. I noticed you're using a Glorious Vanity for Ahuana there. How/Where do you get leech from with this build? Otherwise, what is it in you tree for?
"
thoropa a écrit :
"
the_overmind92 a écrit :
By the way, one things that I've notice when playing around.
By using a Large Thread of Hope, we can grabs Panopticon and Ironwood this way.

This open up powerful amulet annoint such as Corruption if your resistance allowed.

I personally didn't use this method because I didn't path to this section of the trees due to lack of points from running two Large Cluster.

Posting here just so you guys know there's this way around.

Hi, man. I noticed you're using a Glorious Vanity for Ahuana there. How/Where do you get leech from with this build? Otherwise, what is it in you tree for?

I was using the Glorious Vanity only to get Ritual of Shadow (Wither on hit).

The arrow and pod explosion did hit the enemies (tho based on accuracy, but once one get through our hit don't missed thanks to Worthy Foe), only one arrow can hit per cast but multiple pod explosion can hit from the same cast.

In theory, with 5 totems firing multiple projectiles, wither can be stack up really quick.

Dernière édition par the_overmind92, le 3 oct. 2021 02:04:37
That was very informative. Thanks, the_overmind92.
Are you going to update this build for 3.16 after patch notes? (before league start?)
Any ideas so far after manifestos?
Dernière édition par malgav, le 9 oct. 2021 22:21:02
"
malgav a écrit :
Are you going to update this build for 3.16 after patch notes? (before league start?)
Any ideas so far after manifestos?

Yes, well, I'm going to try and will post if I think it survived the patchnotes. The changes to defenses are going to switch things up quite a bit, so I'll have to see how they effect this build once we have the tree and specifics on things like Fortify, evasion, etc. Even winddancer is getting a haircut of sorts, so it is hard to identify what the best path forward is without playing around in PoB quite a bit.

If it still is functional, I'll definitely be incorporating some of the_overmind92's ideas. There are a couple I really like. Feel free to take a look at those for an idea on which direction this build will head.
~Donkster5
Thanks sooo much for posting this build!

I tried playing HC with a raider and with a necromancer, and both failed miserably to Piety with her annoying beam... so I've decided to try something tankier, and came across your build.

Smashed Piety and Malachai like little cockroaches, and currently at level 64 feeling so overpowered like nothing can stop me :D

With this build HC league finally feels easy enough to actually start enjoying it instead of constantly feeling afraid of dying.

The Scorpion's Call quiver is amazing with its ~150-200hp regen. Together with a stone golem it gives me permanent 300hp regen, and with 2K+ life I'm feeling like tanking anything (at level 64, lol). So it feels like I'll be finally able to reach the maps in Hardcore <3

I really, really like that with this build I can separate DPS concerns from defense. For DPS I basically have to buy/craft a decent bow and keep leveling my gems. For defense the recommended passive tree gives a ton of HP, certainly enough to feel comfortable.

For leveling it's enough to grab any found gear with some life and resistances, maybe craft some more res with the bench, and the rest is easy.

I also enjoy using decoy totem right after I've spammed the TR totems, so that the monsters go straight to them and get melted away, while I am free to jump around and collect loot / evade boss attacks. It's like the killing is 99% automated, all you got to do is place those totems and manage your mana.

FYI, you don't need really need a decent bow for up to levels 55-60. I've killed Piety and Malachai with just a 3-linked bow with +1 to bow skill gems.

Thanks again for the great guide, and take care! :)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires