Les serveurs Sony redémarrent dans :
Ils devraient revenir en ligne dans environ .

[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

“ Toxic Rain
The spread range of spore pods from Toxic Rain is now affected by Area of Effect modifiers. This means that having higher Area of Effect causes the resulting spore pods to spread out more. The base spread range of the spore pods has also been slightly lowered.
Each Spore Pod now applies 5% less Movement Speed to nearby Enemies (previously 10%), to a maximum of 30% (previously 60%).”

This is probably the worst outcome as I honestly have no way to quantify this, which is gutting. It either doesn’t change much or completely kills the skill. The good news for this build is that we get more pods on the ground due to 5 totems shooting them, not including you at times. The nerf to flesh and stone doesn’t really hurt us directly as we have access to versatile stance nodes. We are either using F&S or malevolence, not both of them together. The nerf to tempered arrowheads on the cluster may suck, but we didn’t need it to make the build great. There are chaos options as well if you want to play with clusters.

On the plus side, there are new chaos dmg rings and other mechanics that could make this build stronger by stacking damage in a smaller area. However, I can’t determine if it’ll survive into end-game. It may be that we need to stack more attack speed, chaos damage or projectile number vs AOE. The main reason stacking projectile number was a no-no in the past was because it spread the pods without overlapping them.

I’ll dig in more, but I honestly am not sure I can give a good assessment until I actually play it post patch. It really sucks because it’s not straight numbers. If this means we have stack more AoE or use another mechanic then that’s doable. If this means we can never get more than two pods to overlap, then TR is screwed.

Most likely, there’s a sweet spot that will feel great, but we won’t know until it’s played with.

Sadly, I cannot recommend anyone try this until we know more. I’ll be league starting with it, and testing my standard build to see how it feels. You’re welcome to check in as i’ll be streaming around 9pm EST on launch night. I may be on before but that depends on my real life. We also may have more answers before then. Till then... enjoy finding another league starter of suffering with the unknown like me.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 14 avr. 2021 00:58:21
Does the build stack a ton of AoE? If not then I'd guess it's fine, since the base spread is lowered a little, but we get a little AoE on the tree. Otherwise, we have just the base spore pod spread that you have when you get the gem in Act 1 (just avoid quality).
"
Thunderwhere a écrit :
Does the build stack a ton of AoE? If not then I'd guess it's fine, since the base spread is lowered a little, but we get a little AoE on the tree. Otherwise, we have just the base spore pod spread that you have when you get the gem in Act 1 (just avoid quality).

All TR builds focus on getting AoE as a means to up the single target damage at endgame. More overlapping pods means more DoT DPS on one target at a time. There was a tested sweet spot that every five of AoE Radius (20, 25, 30) multiplied the single target DoT DPS substantially. As such, nerfing the relationship of AoE and single target damage may, and I say may because we don't know, greatly harm the end-game viability of this skill. That depends on the actual numbers of and effect of the nerf, which we don't know because it is obscured behind an explanation.

Initially, I think I may have overreacted a little after reading the patch-notes for several reasons. Namely, this is my first foray into creating content like this and I am/was super excited by how strong this build is/was.

My gut tells me this will still be a super strong skill and build for utilizing the skill. I played TR trickster in Harvest and while I had more DPS with trickster, this build feels vastly better.

For league start, there should be very little impact on the viability of this build through the acts and up to red maps. I'm going to suggest that we stack attack speed (Quill Rain > Silverbranch) as much as possible in order to get as many pods on the ground as quickly as possible.

If you still want to play TR at leaguestart, then I think this will be the best option. It will still be a tank, and it should still crush normal content. I was doing T16s pretty easily, but not as fast, with my scuffed SSF gear and less than 300K per totem of DoT DPS. We will have no problem reaching those numbers. Even with a 20% drop in top end DPS, this build is still silly strong, in my opinion and experience. However, scaling in endgame and changing the build to maximize it will take some testing, time, currency, and patience. I'm sure there is a mechanic that we can utilize to either beat the nerf, or at least mitigate its effect.

I, and those who would like to join me, will be part of a testing cohort to find the best solution to our current predicament.

The good thing about Champion, is that if it feels like junk, there are a large number of other good tanky builds to respec into. I'm very hopeful and relatively confident that won't be necessary.
~Donkster5
You can count on my steel!
it will all come down to whether the lower base spread is ruined by AoE scaling and how quickly it becomes a negative scaling modifier for the skill.

that, and the movement speed slow being nerfed to HALF is pretty rough :/
P.S. Sorry for my English ( Google translate ), i am rus.

Hi, Your build hit me right in the heart, seriously, this is the best I've seen lately. I constantly play for totems (Hierophant), tried a bunch of variations, reproducing my sick fantasy with each new league.
I will start with this Softcore build and develop into an expensive endgame.
Question: How does he feel on Sirus?
Question: How does he feel at Delv?
Question: What is his running speed when accelerating? (I like to run fast, maybe I will change the build to the speed of cleaning the map), is there any advice from the creator of the build on overclocking (running speed) to the detriment of survivability, it's just to save me time
Question: I am not good at Toxic Rain, what kind of Eye do I need?

Sorry for the possibly stupid questions, but they are serious for me, thanks for creating such a cool build
"
LilyKittens4 a écrit :
You can count on my steel!

I appreciate you. Let’s ride!
~Donkster5
"
Firewalker a écrit :
it will all come down to whether the lower base spread is ruined by AoE scaling and how quickly it becomes a negative scaling modifier for the skill.

that, and the movement speed slow being nerfed to HALF is pretty rough :/

I’m not worried about the monster movement speed nerf. This would be more a concern for maps if your top end damage weren’t as good as it is. Even with no overlap, I think maps will get rolled.

The question is how long will it take to kill end game bosses? Some people are suggesting gem/weapon swapping for a setup that includes concentrated effect for bosses. I’m not going to suggest that until it’s been tested. My take is we straight up increase chaos damage using the new rings and focus on maximizing attack speed. I’ll be updating the build tonight and tomorrow night, so it might be friday morning before we have a “finished” build. It’ll very much be build crafting by feel, especially after league start into the endgame. Much is subject to change.
~Donkster5
"
HeroFack a écrit :
P.S. Sorry for my English ( Google translate ), i am rus.

Hi, Your build hit me right in the heart, seriously, this is the best I've seen lately. I constantly play for totems (Hierophant), tried a bunch of variations, reproducing my sick fantasy with each new league.
I will start with this Softcore build and develop into an expensive endgame.
Question: How does he feel on Sirus?
Question: How does he feel at Delv?
Question: What is his running speed when accelerating? (I like to run fast, maybe I will change the build to the speed of cleaning the map), is there any advice from the creator of the build on overclocking (running speed) to the detriment of survivability, it's just to save me time
Question: I am not good at Toxic Rain, what kind of Eye do I need?

Sorry for the possibly stupid questions, but they are serious for me, thanks for creating such a cool build

I am glad you like it. I will try to reply using simple english so google translate is more accurate.

1) I have only battled Sirus 8 (A8) once with the character. I died one time due to slow reaction time. My fault not the build. Overall, it felt very good against Sirus.
2) I am not a delve player, but it is a great mapping build and small confined areas increase damage. It should do well.
3) See my speed run video. The flasks give instant acceleration and give you “phasing”. Run, drop totem or two, run. I would remove the stibnite flask and replace it with a quicksilver flask. Also, burning-sun flask may be useless so possible to remove that one.
4) No “watcher’s eye” is needed. The current build does not have one. You may get one with ‘Malevolence’ DoT Multipler but do not need it.

Does this help?
~Donkster5
In tradeleague, what's your opinion on perseverance for your belt? permanent onslaught on a 1-10c budget depending on what max life version of the belt you grab - personal favorite - any reason not to?

I've built some basic bitch build and skill setup on a standard character, and ran a white map with like a lvl 12 TR and it worked perfectly fine - also already felt tankier than the vortex build i was looking at. Currently pretty happy with starting this, it's mainly the start the worries me, causting arrow suuuucks for the beginning ^^
Dernière édition par Firewalker, le 14 avr. 2021 21:59:24

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires