[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
ssampiseth a écrit :
Did some testing on Standard since there's plenty of gear I've left and by using Malevolence Aul and Arctic Armour+ other Aura of your choosing, your survivability is increased by a lot!! It also helps in league cuz LVL 4 enlight (not mandatory) cost more than Aul.
Also, Carcass jack is really good even with the nerf, those overlaps help put out consistent damage on the boss and clear speed by a decent amount. recommended going for it when you have Aul so you can put extra aura to help mitigate the defense we've lost from a rare chest piece.

Just now responding... that's pretty cool. I might test this as well in a couple weeks. Carcass Jack is likely a good choice, especially if you don't go the Scorpion's Call route. Less SSF Friendly but better in trade league. I think the testing showed no change till around +60% AoE. So, with a "poorly rolled Carcass, you could still fall under that threshold.
~Donkster5
"
malinVautour a écrit :
How do you use blood/sand stance ? You switch to blood then to sand for maximum atk speed + aoe ?

Just stay in sand for the most part, you can quickly switch to Blood Stance and then back for a little DPS boost during bossing. Sand Stance is super defensive so great so long as you're doing enough DPS.
~Donkster5
"
AsceticPOE a écrit :
I did my first A8 Sirus this league with this build. It's pretty comfy once you've leveled up properly.

The damage is quite underwhelming for the price, but toxic rain is not known to be cheap to scale anyway. This is my first toxic rain build and probably my last. Thanks for the guide.

Yeah, this build and TR in general got more expensive this league which meant more investment to get the same DPS. That said, from all I've heard, its still a good skill and I imagine it will still be somewhat meta going forward/this build will continue to perform well as a league starter on a moderate budget. Also, it's one you can scale super well with tons of investment, which is nice for the min/maxers. There's just kind of a middle ground this league that feels... kinda meh with decent investment for little growth.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 25 août 2021 21:57:48
"
the_overmind92 a écrit :
Spoiler
"
FinYuna a écrit :

Have you tested with this gear on 3.15?
I mean is dps as viable as its on videos what you linked on page 19?

Just tested with my Standard char.

Here's The Feared with two deaths.
I played like a total noob here, not really actively dodging boss mechanic but still able to complete a rare invitation.

-----

Prior to the fight, I did swapped out Swift Affliction to Lifetap to get rid of Mana altogether.

Additionally, I removed a jewel to use The Siege instead for the Maim (to enable my belt enchant).
Toxic rain doesn't care about Pierce/Chain, and the Knockback doesn't slow down clear speed too much if you already killing mob fast. And I don't have to use Maim support on my Frenzy link (Guaranteed vs Chance based ).

Also added an Intuitive Leap at this location to grab these notable to free up reservation / points for The Siege.

-----

So far I didn't noticed too much drop in DPS.

-----

PS: For Medium Cluster Jewels I prefer hald of them to be the totem base because with Sleepless Sentry + Ancestral Reach + Ancestral Echo you get a lot of placement speed, which we needed for clear speed and replacing dying totems.

yo, thanks for answering questions and updating this! Nice idea with that intuitive leap. You've essentially taken this build as a base and built you're own build from it. Keep me in the loop if you ever do your own guide/build as you're good at it.
~Donkster5
By the way, one things that I've notice when playing around.
By using a Large Thread of Hope, we can grabs Panopticon and Ironwood this way.

This open up powerful amulet annoint such as Corruption if your resistance allowed.

I personally didn't use this method because I didn't path to this section of the trees due to lack of points from running two Large Cluster.

Posting here just so you guys know there's this way around.
Would this be a good build to go for at the Gauntlet?
"
ericchongws a écrit :
Would this be a good build to go for at the Gauntlet?

It's what I ran for the last two gauntlets and got level 90 and then lvl 89 on limited play time. Both times I died because of stupidity and rushing things vs problems with the build. The issue is getting through the first two acts, especially this time around, but I think that will be the case for everybody regardless of build.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 8 sept. 2021 22:49:55
Trying this build for Gauntlet but so far, it's hell with this class
Caustic arrow seems not the solution, how did you level up Act 1 and 2?
"
wykett a écrit :
Trying this build for Gauntlet but so far, it's hell with this class
Caustic arrow seems not the solution, how did you level up Act 1 and 2?

Im using build too act 1 is tuff but if you use volley instead of piercing it seems better with pop and run then its down hill once you hit the prison for the totems really fun.
Thank you for the build.

I found this to be a very smooth start to Gauntlet. I farmed Tidal Island ignoring Hailrake until like level 5 then did Mud flats.

Caustic arrow - Mirage Archer - Pierce and Decoy totem got me to Prison easy. Then you have Ballista totem and you can drop that and run backwards from Brutus till hes dead.

Currently I am the farthest I have ever made it in a Gauntlet, Act 9 and level 71.
Dernière édition par Artophwar, le 15 sept. 2021 02:38:55

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires