The Most Well-Rounded Starter Build In PoE - Detailed Leveling Guide for CA/TR Starter by Asmodeus

What pantheon upgrades should you get?
"
æuf a écrit :
What pantheon upgrades should you get?
Whichever you want tbh. I usually use lunaris (for extra dodge) and ryslatha or shakari.
This is the best guide I've ever used...I like my necromancer but the screen was so filled with minions it was driving me crazy...now i've got one golem with hypothermia, decay and withering touch supports, 2 skitterbots with infernal legion, and clarity, vitality, flesh and stone...Smokemine with secondwind support and dash is the bomb...I can run straight at mobs and lay down my Toxic Rain Ballistas, run in a circle while firing my caustic arrow with Arrow Nova and everything just melts...or I can just watch my skitterbots head off to ignite some enemies and throw caustic arrows in that direction...The versatility of this build is awesome and a lot of fun to play...Mana was a little tricky to run everything, but good mana regeneration gear has me doing fine...working with 70 mana after reservation and never run out when i'm spamming everything during rituals or large mobs...I mostly use Despair when I'm doing a ritual...don't even need to move with my ballistas TR, my CA, and Despair...Thank you so much for this...
Great guide, I've had fun with this build.

I have hit a bit of a wall though. Clearing maps is super easy, but bosses take a while to kill and they wreck me if I get hit once. Was wondering if anyone can take a look at my build so far. Any suggestions much appreciated!

Pob: https://pastebin.com/n8f4hYAU
"
Miklelee a écrit :
Great guide, I've had fun with this build.

I have hit a bit of a wall though. Clearing maps is super easy, but bosses take a while to kill and they wreck me if I get hit once. Was wondering if anyone can take a look at my build so far. Any suggestions much appreciated!

Pob: https://pastebin.com/n8f4hYAU

Get lvl 21 toxic rain
Throw out skitterbots so you don't need some mana reservation puzzles and just get a +2 amulet (they start from 5ex or you can craft one).
Quality your spell totem
Atziri's promise is worthless for this build, use cinderswallow, witchfire or (if rich) bottled faith
The large cluster is poor, you should use 8-pointer not 9 and you should aim to have unholy grace on it as an extra notable (very easy to insert with harvest if you have the crafts)
Honour Ichor jewel is trash, damage with bows doesn't work for TR dot, making this a 1-stat jewel, anyway best stats on jewels are %life and attack speed usually
Why do you spend 2 points to reach to wind dancer from the left when it only costs 1 point from the right
You skipped a lot of life nodes as well, just to fit elusive (doesn't proc on bosses) and mana reserve nodes. Your gear has sub-par life rolls.
Precision is worthless unless you have watcher's eye with attack speed w/ precision, or tailwind boots, you have neither
The abyssal jewel is also quite weak.
You shouldn't have grounding on flask (master alchemist node makes you immune to it) you should have warding affix.
Thanks for the Guide :)
> An unexpected disconnection occurred.

-.-
i really enjoy the build. i have quite a few ex invested into it right now but i am still facing a problem... yes it was a fun league starter and got me into red maps on my own currency making.. but even with all of my upgrades im hardly cracking 4k health and my movement has to be perfect or else im getting one shot by any unique/ boss/ guradian. could anybody possibly take a look at my character and see where i went wrong? did i skip a critical upgrade or miss something? is this build just 1shot squishy endgame? btw yes i keep my flasks up all the time.. one shots still get thru.

https://pastebin.com/3TV5CRdb

i know your going to see skitterbots in my aura setup but its doing nothing.. i dont have the mana to use it.. with the other 4 aura's im hardly left w anything to attack w.. my enduring flask saves me
Dernière édition par tony32p, le 21 févr. 2021 17:50:41
"
tony32p a écrit :

i know your going to see skitterbots in my aura setup but its doing nothing.. i dont have the mana to use it.. with the other 4 aura's im hardly left w anything to attack w.. my enduring flask saves me
Pastebin returns error 404. You need to have registered account there or pastebins are deleted by the website mods.

By importing your character, I can see few improvements:
1. Using a 12 passive large cluster. With 1 notable. This is a complete waste of points, you should never use anything bigger than 8 really and at least 2 useful passives. Otherwise just run a no-cluster tree.

2. All rare jewels should have life on it. One of them should preferably immune to corrupted blood on it. The second best stat on jewels is usually attack speed or attack speed with bows.

3. Your gloves have extremely small amount of life.

4. You only have lvl 2 empower, you can easily buy lvl 3 cheaply and level the lvl2 in weapon swap for corrupting.

5. Lvl17 precision is way too much mana reservation, this build doesn't need accuracy or crit, just drop it unless you have 1) tailwind boots and need crit to proc them 2) watcher's eye with attack speed w/ precision. Personally I stole the idea from another build to use dread banner only for "enemies have reduced accuracy", but you might just want more unreserved mana for leeway. Not sure how do you manage without mana flask and without -mana cost on rings?

6. How do you have so much fire resist even without dying sun enabled? I'd cut some and try to get a bit more chaos res instead, I'm at -9 myself and still died today from hunter mobs so...

7. You could have gotten thread of hope with a bit less res penalty, yours it the worst possible.

8. Reroll the "heat" flask to something else, like poison removal, you have master alchemist to remove freeze already.

9. The items with crafted life could be replaced with items having higher life roll than what crafting provides.

10. Quality the spell totem / multi totem gems, it makes putting totems faster.

11. Since you use asenath / maloney combo you already will be more squishy than using rares with high life in those slots, and also you will have gem slots taken by ed / soulrend / etc. You can drop smoke mine and try Remi's immortal call setup (check his toxic rain guide, he explains how to utilize it best), you have no defensive skill currently. If you drop precision / skitterbots you will have 2 free gem slots too. You could probably fit vaal grace somewhere too if you need an extra defensive, or vaal haste for damage.

One thing I'm wondering since I didn't try this setup, lots of people put gmp on asenath helmet and arrow nova in maloney's for better coverage, did you try it instead of having single shot of each skill?

Personally I think if you try to go for double cluster you will always be squishy because there just isn't enough points to get double clusters and enough life.

Tbh most people playing TR nowadays have like 4k life and imo it's kinda low, it will feel squishy.
"
Viktranka a écrit :
"
tony32p a écrit :

Pastebin returns error 404. You need to have registered account there or pastebins are deleted by the website mods.

By importing your character, I can see few improvements:
1. Using a 12 passive large cluster. With 1 notable. This is a complete waste of points, you should never use anything bigger than 8 really and at least 2 useful passives. Otherwise just run a no-cluster tree.

2. All rare jewels should have life on it. One of them should preferably immune to corrupted blood on it. The second best stat on jewels is usually attack speed or attack speed with bows.

3. Your gloves have extremely small amount of life.

4. You only have lvl 2 empower, you can easily buy lvl 3 cheaply and level the lvl2 in weapon swap for corrupting.

5. Lvl17 precision is way too much mana reservation, this build doesn't need accuracy or crit, just drop it unless you have 1) tailwind boots and need crit to proc them 2) watcher's eye with attack speed w/ precision. Personally I stole the idea from another build to use dread banner only for "enemies have reduced accuracy", but you might just want more unreserved mana for leeway. Not sure how do you manage without mana flask and without -mana cost on rings?

6. How do you have so much fire resist even without dying sun enabled? I'd cut some and try to get a bit more chaos res instead, I'm at -9 myself and still died today from hunter mobs so...

7. You could have gotten thread of hope with a bit less res penalty, yours it the worst possible.

8. Reroll the "heat" flask to something else, like poison removal, you have master alchemist to remove freeze already.

9. The items with crafted life could be replaced with items having higher life roll than what crafting provides.

10. Quality the spell totem / multi totem gems, it makes putting totems faster.

11. Since you use asenath / maloney combo you already will be more squishy than using rares with high life in those slots, and also you will have gem slots taken by ed / soulrend / etc. You can drop smoke mine and try Remi's immortal call setup (check his toxic rain guide, he explains how to utilize it best), you have no defensive skill currently. If you drop precision / skitterbots you will have 2 free gem slots too. You could probably fit vaal grace somewhere too if you need an extra defensive, or vaal haste for damage.

One thing I'm wondering since I didn't try this setup, lots of people put gmp on asenath helmet and arrow nova in maloney's for better coverage, did you try it instead of having single shot of each skill?

Personally I think if you try to go for double cluster you will always be squishy because there just isn't enough points to get double clusters and enough life.

Tbh most people playing TR nowadays have like 4k life and imo it's kinda low, it will feel squishy.

thank you for the response.. i know the cluster jewel is an issue i have to fix soon... i one shot all trash screen wide so i dont think i need gmp but i do agree w your thoughts on precision. maybe i can take that and skitter out and fit something better in.. i used to have a cwdt setup until i went to malony's and asenath's i suppose i could always go back to straight toxic rain and put it back in but i do think that the ed/soulrend really helped my clear speed. ill play around with that a little.
"
Viktranka a écrit :

yeah 4k life is pretty dang low, but all depends on the setup
my deadeye has 5.4k life, significantly higher, but still. i don't feel tanky at all, but i don't often die. thats one of the benefits of TR and its crazy good slow

also the good old poe adage of, kill or be killed.

i've basically maxed out my setup as far as i care to take it. insane insane version of TR from start to finish. depending on how TR gets nerfed next league (confirmed by TWO MTXs for TR this league) i'd say deadeye is the best endgame setup for toxic rain now.

i sure wish we'd see another new DoT skill in 3.14 tho

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires