[3.11] Hollow Palm Cyclone Glad–4M DPS 5.5k Life Max Block–up to 9M DPS

"
Perzival3 a écrit :

i found one with suffix open + 104 life+ 10 fire res and + cold res. + 12 all elemental resistences should i? or should aim for 1 good res + open suffix?

If you can still cap res with that, then yes it's good.
Good work on the guide. I've got one of these jewels now and I'm wanting to try this build - but I'm wondering how it compares to the more popular Facebreaker Cyclone builds, especially since I play HC. I'm guessing those are (or can be) tankier, but this can scale damage higher?
Dernière édition par iamjackthelad, le 3 avr. 2020 16:23:57
"
iamjackthelad a écrit :
Good work on the guide. I've got one of these jewels now and I'm wanting to try this build - but I'm wondering how it compares to the more popular Facebreaker Cyclone builds, especially since I play HC. I'm guessing those are (or can be) tankier, but this can scale damage higher?

In my opinion, this build is overall better than Facebreaker cyclone in most regards (that's why I wrote a Hollow Palm guide, not a Facebreaker guide).

At the low investment end, it ends up with a similar life pool to facebreaker cyclone (at around 5-5.5k) but significantly outdamages it (2m dps for 10 ex OWN vs maybe 800k dps if lucky for facebreaker), as it can scale its damage just by getting dex on tree and gear. It defensively out does facebreaker, as to get competitive damage on facebreaker, you need to be in the Champion ascendancy, so it loses out on 79% spell block, and facebreaker does not stack dex, so it also loses out on a ton of evasion.

At the high end, this build can easily surpass 6k+ life with roughly 20 exalts of investment. This contrasts with the Facebreaker tank build, which to get 6k+ life and competitive damage can easily take 50 exalts or more of investment, especially on HC league where tanky gear is more valuable. Tanky facebreaker caps out at roughly similar life (6k to low 7k), but only 2m dps, which is comparable to the CHEAP version of this. And OWN still has way higher chance to avoid both attacks and spells. High investment OWN can surpass 5 million dps easily, while still having these amazing defenses.

The only area where Facebreaker is better, is that it has much more armor. Physical damage which is not blocked or avoided will chunk OWN much harder, but with a high life pool and high leech, OWN can still handle it quite easily. This build uses vaal pact, and can as such Leech roughly 3k life per second. FB Champion generally does not utilize leech, so if you get burst and you don't pop flasks fast enough, you just die.

Overall OWN builds have an edge in defense, and a massive advantage in DPS.

In a little bit I'll post a HC recommended tree with high end gear to show off what tank stats you can get. The main advantage for HC is that you can completely neglect damage scaling other than impale, and still get very good DPS with high end gear while only really scaling life, as just pathing around the tree and getting a few dex clusters is enough to get high damage.

EDIT: Here's my recommended HC Tree:
https://pastebin.com/tx5yhgzv
It's lvl 95, has 6.5k life, 3 mil dps, and a 98% chance to avoid hits and 80% chance to avoid spell hits when you have flesh and stone up and have blocked at least 9 hits in the last 10 seconds (to cap block via gladiator ascendancy). The res is slightly uncapped because I didn't want to go back through my gear to update the res to cap. The theoretical price of this build is 20-25 ex.

Compare that to this facebreaker build, which has only 1 mil more damage, and 500 more life, at lvl 100 with over 350 exalts of invesment:
https://pastebin.com/SZN4hCPQ

If you scale it down to level 95 it has similar dps and life, with lower chance to avoid hits. And that's with two nuts tier circles of guilt which have perfect stats, 100% inc buff effect of herald of purity, vuln on hit, and onslaught when hit, as well as other assorted mirror tier pieces of gear. If you went for some mirror tier gear on my build, it would be rocking 7.5k life or more, with 6 mil+ dps. Meanwhile is you brought the FB build down to 20 ex, it would have under 6k life, less than 1m dps, and mediocre defenses in this guy's variant, which is the most popular FB cyclone guide on the forums.
Dernière édition par Arcayn13, le 3 avr. 2020 17:45:42
"
Arcayn13 a écrit :
"
iamjackthelad a écrit :

In my opinion, this build is overall better than Facebreaker cyclone in most regards (that's why I wrote a Hollow Palm guide, not a Facebreaker guide).

At the low investment end, it ends up with a similar life pool to facebreaker cyclone (at around 5-5.5k) but significantly outdamages it (2m dps for 10 ex OWN vs maybe 800k dps if lucky for facebreaker), as it can scale its damage just by getting dex on tree and gear. It defensively out does facebreaker, as to get competitive damage on facebreaker, you need to be in the Champion ascendancy, so it loses out on 79% spell block, and facebreaker does not stack dex, so it also loses out on a ton of evasion.

At the high end, this build can easily surpass 6k+ life with roughly 20 exalts of investment. This contrasts with the Facebreaker tank build, which to get 6k+ life and competitive damage can easily take 50 exalts or more of investment, especially on HC league where tanky gear is more valuable. Tanky facebreaker caps out at roughly similar life (6k to low 7k), but only 2m dps, which is comparable to the CHEAP version of this. And OWN still has way higher chance to avoid both attacks and spells. High investment OWN can surpass 5 million dps easily, while still having these amazing defenses.

The only area where Facebreaker is better, is that it has much more armor. Physical damage which is not blocked or avoided will chunk OWN much harder, but with a high life pool and high leech, OWN can still handle it quite easily. This build uses vaal pact, and can as such Leech roughly 3k life per second. FB Champion generally does not utilize leech, so if you get burst and you don't pop flasks fast enough, you just die.

Overall OWN builds have an edge in defense, and a massive advantage in DPS.

In a little bit I'll post a HC recommended tree with high end gear to show off what tank stats you can get. The main advantage for HC is that you can completely neglect damage scaling other than impale, and still get very good DPS with high end gear while only really scaling life, as just pathing around the tree and getting a few dex clusters is enough to get high damage.

EDIT: Here's my recommended HC Tree:
https://pastebin.com/tx5yhgzv
It's lvl 95, has 6.5k life, 3 mil dps, and a 98% chance to avoid hits and 80% chance to avoid spell hits when you have flesh and stone up and have blocked at least 9 hits in the last 10 seconds (to cap block via gladiator ascendancy). The res is slightly uncapped because I didn't want to go back through my gear to update the res to cap. The theoretical price of this build is 20-25 ex.

Compare that to this facebreaker build, which has only 1 mil more damage, and 500 more life, at lvl 100 with over 350 exalts of invesment:
https://pastebin.com/SZN4hCPQ

If you scale it down to level 95 it has similar dps and life, with lower chance to avoid hits. And that's with two nuts tier circles of guilt which have perfect stats, 100% inc buff effect of herald of purity, vuln on hit, and onslaught when hit, as well as other assorted mirror tier pieces of gear. If you went for some mirror tier gear on my build, it would be rocking 7.5k life or more, with 6 mil+ dps. Meanwhile is you brought the FB build down to 20 ex, it would have under 6k life, less than 1m dps, and mediocre defenses in this guy's variant, which is the most popular FB cyclone guide on the forums.

Awesome, thank you very much for the detailed response. It makes sense to me and definitely does seem better when laid out like that. I'm gonna give the build a go tomorrow.

Roughly speaking, how would you prioritise the areas of the tree?

I'm thinking I'll path out of the start through the dex straight to the jewel socket for leveling, then backfill up towards the strength side start to respec the dex start and head left towards the Scion life nodes, but I'm not sure when to go up towards Gemini if I do that.
This is current build it has about
6.1k Life
1.4k Dex
Close max all resistance(Lighting 73%) with max Chaos
11.5M DPS
62% Block
44% Evasion

Looking better anyway I can get more DPS or better ways to use my skill points.

Thanks

https://pastebin.com/SQWcSBRu
- Key notes I had to put all my Dex and Str on One Split Personality
"
iamjackthelad a écrit :

Awesome, thank you very much for the detailed response. It makes sense to me and definitely does seem better when laid out like that. I'm gonna give the build a go tomorrow.

Roughly speaking, how would you prioritise the areas of the tree?

I'm thinking I'll path out of the start through the dex straight to the jewel socket for leveling, then backfill up towards the strength side start to respec the dex start and head left towards the Scion life nodes, but I'm not sure when to go up towards Gemini if I do that.

Here's a starting PoB: https://pastebin.com/EBpnnFjv

There's a tree for level 30 and one for a few levels later when you respec. It already has 10k dps in act 3 or 4 running a 2 link. As you fill in your tree, just having OWN and Astramentis on hard carries your damage. I'd recommend just hard focusing life on gear and tree after you do the respec. Don't run tabula, it causes mana issues and loses a bunch of defense. A 4l with some life is plenty to get you to maps, but you should definitely grab a 5l for acts 6+. Make sure you're res capped going into act 6. I'd recommend running Goldrim.

One other thing to note is that the most lethal thing in the game for this build is chaos degens. If you can get some chaos res on gear, even dropping some ele res, it's worth it. To compensate, you can drop 5-6 points of life or damage, and pickup cloth and chain, Survivalist, and/or weathered hunter. This lets you still res cap easily. But in HC, you can't just say "oh well ok" when you occasionally rip to Hezmin mobs, so for you, you should definitely pick up whatever chaos res you can.
"
Echo604 a écrit :
This is current build it has about
6.1k Life
1.4k Dex
Close max all resistance(Lighting 73%) with max Chaos
11.5M DPS
62% Block
44% Evasion

Looking better anyway I can get more DPS or better ways to use my skill points.

Thanks

https://pastebin.com/SQWcSBRu
- Key notes I had to put all my Dex and Str on One Split Personality

That's an interesting take on this build. Gotta say I'm a fan. Have you considered dropping Ambidexterity and Smite the weak on that one cluster in order to path north from the area where you ended and pick up the next jewel socket?

Also would you mind if I added this to the PoB section, listed as "Version abusing Split Personality"

Also what was roughly the cost of this build? Looking at the gear and gems, I'm assuming min 30 ex.
Dernière édition par Arcayn13, le 3 avr. 2020 23:35:46
"

That's an interesting take on this build. Gotta say I'm a fan. Have you considered dropping Ambidexterity and Smite the weak on that one cluster in order to path north from the area where you ended and pick up the next jewel socket?

Also would you mind if I added this to the PoB section, listed as "Version abusing Split Personality"

Also what was roughly the cost of this build? Looking at the gear and gems, I'm assuming min 30 ex.

Ya feel free to share it. I been playing testing been all 3 (Glad, Champ and Slayer) and by far Glad feels the best. I will try to squeeze as much more can I can and update date you guys.

Thanks
if someone can clarify for me please how those split personality jewels work
"
domac a écrit :
if someone can clarify for me please how those split personality jewels work

Split personality jewels give more stats based on how many points are spent while pathing to them. By stacking a bunch of str/dex split personalities, and doing some really roundabout pathing in order to make the path as long as possible, you can get an absurd amount of dex, giving flat phys, evasion and life (due to how the build works), and also a ton of flat life and %inc melee phys from the over 1k strength (500+ flat life to be exact). This allows you to get a ton of damage and life, as the build benefits hugely from %damage increases, as it primarily just stacks flat and doesn't get that much %increased anywhere.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires