[3.11] Champion Impale TS+Barrage | 6.5k+HP | Decent Single Target | All Content

I join the question from ElLoco2836 about the HH.
I have HH and i run the most juicy maps, with scarabs, Zana and sextants. But as far as I know, the main bonuses of a HH are phys extra ele dmg. But gem brutality removes all elemental damage, does it make sense to replace brutality with another gem with HH?
As I wanted to know, whether HH is really worth it, I tested HH and Ryslatha on fully juiced maps.
I have to say that I feel like it is not worth that much currency.
At least it's not, if you can still improve other slots to maximize your overall dps.
HH "just" adds clear speed, but this build already destroys everything with TS, if your gear is good enough.
The only thing it is kind of lacking could be boss-dps.
As HH does not contribute anything to boss-fights, I think it is just a nice to have item, when everyting is truly maxed out.
I'm still interested in OPs opinion about using HH, but I think I will be selling mine and get me a 550+ pds bow for half the currency a HH costs.
"
DimaVeshkin a écrit :
I join the question from ElLoco2836 about the HH.
I have HH and i run the most juicy maps, with scarabs, Zana and sextants. But as far as I know, the main bonuses of a HH are phys extra ele dmg. But gem brutality removes all elemental damage, does it make sense to replace brutality with another gem with HH?

Maybe? Impale only procs off phys damage, but sure, headhunter makes anything OP anyways.

Tbh, I would not play this build as a specific headhunter build, but for sure headhunter is good for the build regardless, but currency might be better invested into just better TS gear I would feel :)
Dernière édition par aaOzymandias, le 27 janv. 2020 09:41:18
Amazing build, just one question guys.
I've seen alot of builds on ninja placing a second lioneye's fall.
Just want to know if it's worth the investment into it? (Supposing I have the currency to do so)
I have some more questions regarding a rare bow:
Do we go for max. pdps no matter what base?
Or should it be a harbinger base for more crit even if a citadel bow provides much more pdps?
"
drigorin a écrit :
Amazing build, just one question guys.
I've seen alot of builds on ninja placing a second lioneye's fall.
Just want to know if it's worth the investment into it? (Supposing I have the currency to do so)

Many of them follow an older guide I guess: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2560435/page/1

It works well enough for more damage, for sure, or with enough skills points when you close in to 100, but I much prefer the lethal pride jewel and the nodes around it, and then getting more life and defense. Though, you can roll chance for double damage as well on the pride so its not all defense. Before the skill tree changes this patch it was very good though, but after the changes you don't get as much out of it as you once did.

I did it in the beginning, but specced out of it. I do more than enough damage now regardless that I one or two shot all the packs.

My personal tweaks to this build include more pierce (and no Aul's, since I found it redundant and counter productive for the gear I already had, but it is totally viable to go for it, but crazy expencive). It worked wonders for me. No need for fork or chain at all anymore. It also took the blight encounters from a chore to easy peacy. Metamorphs die in seconds to barrage, and I clear its spawns with a few TS blasts.

The only downside of how I built it, and so far it is actually the only downside outside of low chaos res, is that I don't break out legion packs all that quickly.

Dernière édition par aaOzymandias, le 1 févr. 2020 17:35:15
is it worth going for increased fortify effect on the helm? How much does it actually give us?
"
ElLoco2836 a écrit :
As I wanted to know, whether HH is really worth it, I tested HH and Ryslatha on fully juiced maps.
I have to say that I feel like it is not worth that much currency.
At least it's not, if you can still improve other slots to maximize your overall dps.
HH "just" adds clear speed, but this build already destroys everything with TS, if your gear is good enough.
The only thing it is kind of lacking could be boss-dps.
As HH does not contribute anything to boss-fights, I think it is just a nice to have item, when everyting is truly maxed out.
I'm still interested in OPs opinion about using HH, but I think I will be selling mine and get me a 550+ pds bow for half the currency a HH costs.

TBH a headhunter with this build is just a luxury. I never felt the "need" to get one even though I easily could have. IMO you mentioned getting a high pdps bow, go for that.
Gotta grind em all.
"
tona91 a écrit :
is it worth going for increased fortify effect on the helm? How much does it actually give us?

Yes, more reduction is always nice. Also since we have fortify 100% of the time, why wouldn't you get more effect?
Gotta grind em all.
"
ElLoco2836 a écrit :
I have some more questions regarding a rare bow:
Do we go for max. pdps no matter what base?
Or should it be a harbinger base for more crit even if a citadel bow provides much more pdps?

Go for a harbinger base. Honestly I would only recommend using a harby base... barring some of the mirror bows from this league. If a harbinger bow came into contention it would beat them. The new crusader mod impale effect may be super nice. I haven't looked into how much more dps you'd get from a high pdps bow with impale effect. Just remember arborix is op because it's cheap and gives us a second point blank with 2 additional arrows. Check close combat, once you find a rare bow that beats that it feels more much consistent, at least to me it did. Also attack speed made things feel more smooth.
Gotta grind em all.
Dernière édition par ShineOut, le 5 févr. 2020 15:10:12

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires