[3.16] Konsta's Champion Double Strike Starter - Good DPS, good defenses. Starter.

Loving this build but I'm dying a couple times in tier 14-16 maps (getting 1 shot)

Is there something i'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.. Thanks
"
Harjot a écrit :
Loving this build but I'm dying a couple times in tier 14-16 maps (getting 1 shot)

Is there something i'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.. Thanks

Hi,

First of all, most of you items are having very low life rolls. You can get ~500 more life by having higher life rolls on items. In addition, try to craft 8% increased maximum life on chest piece.

Second question: are you dying to one-shot from normal/rare mobs or map bosses / metamorphs? If normal/rare mobs, adding the fortify on your whirling blades + increasing the life pool will help. For melee, ~6k should be the minimum target if you don't have god-tier damage.

If metamorphs / bosses, at least in my opinion it's the best defence to kill them before they have time to do anything. In this case, craft the 3 frenzy charges (rings+amu) and get last 3 points to swift skewing. Those together will increase your damage by ~42% More.

If you have the currency, you could reroll your helmet. At the moment it basically only provides 70 life and 9 increased phys. If you are on the budget, look for "double strike has 10% to do double damage to bleeding enemies" (15% if currency) and craft it with pristine+jagged. Most likely any random helmet you manage to craft with 9 increased phys damage taken will be a lot better - allowing you craft in resists and also increasing your DPS by 10%.

These resists will ease your gearing for other items, so it is easier to get +1 frenzy on rings + amu.

I'm mainly dying to metamorphs and map bosses. I'll do some jun missions tonight to craft % life on chest and frenzy charges on jewelery.

I have some currency left, I'll reroll my helmet and fix some stuff to hit 6k life.

Thanks for the tips!
Should i use another claw? Bloodseeker + rare claw (400dps+) ?
"
johnngo08 a écrit :
Should i use another claw? Bloodseeker + rare claw (400dps+) ?

Hi, wasp's nest is pretty decent option given the 5c price for a good roll. To min-max, if you can get 400-500 pDPS claw that would be the best option. AS you can see on the videos the DPS should be pretty much overkill at that point.
Hey Konsta, just wanted to tell you thanks for the build! I benched my Molten Strike Jugg and started this guy over the weekend... Wow, the difference is night and day. I was starting to get frustrated with my jugg.. still getting random 1-shot despite having very tanky stats and over 12ex of gear, and still taking a long time to kill bosses (more time for them to 1-shot). Seeing your videos on youtube was like "wow, i didn't even know you could kill bosses that fast...". And to top it all off, the gear in your build is DIRT cheap for the entry level.

So i rolled this guy up and he's decimating everything. Just made it to maps and i'm still zipping through like a suped-up flicker strike build. quicksilver of adrenaline + whirling blades + bleed explosions + BOTB extra gore = Everything exploding in bloody messes while i zoom through the map.

A lot of metamorphs die before i can even see them take form. Map bosses vaporize. Very refreshing change of pace, especially since i've died only 3 times (2 were my mistakes 1 was a glitch), never feeling like "wow how did i die?" unlike on my Jugg.

I'm still using several pieces of leveling gear as well. My HP and resistances are crap still, but so far it hasn't mattered so i haven't taken the time to start upgrading/crafting those slots.

Question for you on some of the build:

Double-strike helmet: About how many fossils do you think it would take to get a decent 9% phys dmg helmet? Also, do you think the 15% enchant is worth paying for over the 10% ? It looks like a base with 10% enchant starts around 50ish chaos, including armor bases. 15% enchant starts around 1.5ex and only on energy shield bases. To get an armor base it's like 3+ex. Should i even care if it's an armor/ev base?

Frenzy vs. Endurance crafts:
In the initial post you mention you think in hindsight that Endurance charges would be best, but in some more recent replies in the thread you mention Frenzy being better as more dps = less time to get hit = better defense. Wondering which way you feel is the best as it is now?

Glove slot:
With all of the new Conqueror mods, do you still think Tombfists are the way to go? Or is that only if you manage to get a pair w/ the Vunerability curse? Looking at the current league, i don't see any of these for sale, offline included. I do see some very cheap +1 max frenzy charges and Enfeeble on hit corruptions though... Which of those would you choose? Enfeeble sounds nice for a good defensive boost.

Banner and stance mechanics:
I'm new to banners. Do you plant your banner on boss fights or just use it for it's passive effect? For stance, do you always stay in blood stance?

Dernière édition par guardianXXXIII, le 21 janv. 2020 12:59:32
I absolutely love this build. I thought my Oni-Goroshi Zerker melted bosses but holy shit dude when I pop vaal double strike metemorphs just melt.

I maneuvered some of the gems around and put Flesh & Stone, Precision, and Dread Banner on one claw so I could set up a CWDT using Lightning Golem and Steelskin (since I like watching netflix and not pay attention) on my Tombfist.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a lot of fun and reading such an in-depth and well thought out guide gives me confidence in someday making my own big dick build. <3
"
guardianXXXIII a écrit :
Hey Konsta, just wanted to tell you thanks for the build! I benched my Molten Strike Jugg and started this guy over the weekend... Wow, the difference is night and day. I was starting to get frustrated with my jugg.. still getting random 1-shot despite having very tanky stats and over 12ex of gear, and still taking a long time to kill bosses (more time for them to 1-shot). Seeing your videos on youtube was like "wow, i didn't even know you could kill bosses that fast...". And to top it all off, the gear in your build is DIRT cheap for the entry level.

So i rolled this guy up and he's decimating everything. Just made it to maps and i'm still zipping through like a suped-up flicker strike build. quicksilver of adrenaline + whirling blades + bleed explosions + BOTB extra gore = Everything exploding in bloody messes while i zoom through the map.

A lot of metamorphs die before i can even see them take form. Map bosses vaporize. Very refreshing change of pace, especially since i've died only 3 times (2 were my mistakes 1 was a glitch), never feeling like "wow how did i die?" unlike on my Jugg.

I'm still using several pieces of leveling gear as well. My HP and resistances are crap still, but so far it hasn't mattered so i haven't taken the time to start upgrading/crafting those slots.

Question for you on some of the build:

Double-strike helmet: About how many fossils do you think it would take to get a decent 9% phys dmg helmet? Also, do you think the 15% enchant is worth paying for over the 10% ? It looks like a base with 10% enchant starts around 50ish chaos, including armor bases. 15% enchant starts around 1.5ex and only on energy shield bases. To get an armor base it's like 3+ex. Should i even care if it's an armor/ev base?

Frenzy vs. Endurance crafts:
In the initial post you mention you think in hindsight that Endurance charges would be best, but in some more recent replies in the thread you mention Frenzy being better as more dps = less time to get hit = better defense. Wondering which way you feel is the best as it is now?

Glove slot:
With all of the new Conqueror mods, do you still think Tombfists are the way to go? Or is that only if you manage to get a pair w/ the Vunerability curse? Looking at the current league, i don't see any of these for sale, offline included. I do see some very cheap +1 max frenzy charges and Enfeeble on hit corruptions though... Which of those would you choose? Enfeeble sounds nice for a good defensive boost.

Banner and stance mechanics:
I'm new to banners. Do you plant your banner on boss fights or just use it for it's passive effect? For stance, do you always stay in blood stance?

Glad that you like the build!

Double-strike helmet: Not many fossils needed for crafting. I would consider myself unlucky, if I had nothing after 5 tries with pristine/jagged combo. Normally something like ~15 tries to have a good helmet. For the enchant, that totally depends on how much you want to min-max. Good question to ask yourself is that if you buy the 10% 50c helmet, what you will be getting for the rest of the money? Is it more than the 5% damage increase the 15% helmet would have?

Frenzy vs. Endurance crafts: I changed my opinion of this several times. My -hopefully- final opinion is that when the gear is min-maxed, endurance charges are better since you will be anyhow able to kill anything fast enough. However, when starting the frenzies might be better to bump the damage to decent level.

Glove slot: Tombfist mainly because it is rather decent unique, and the vulnerability curse is common. There are actually many for sale at around 1ex/pair: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/8W0GqSV

Banner and stance mechanics: I'm too lazy to place the banner. I'm just using it for impalce chance. For the stance, use sand for mapping and blood for bossing. It's only one button press.
"
naquadaheod a écrit :
I absolutely love this build. I thought my Oni-Goroshi Zerker melted bosses but holy shit dude when I pop vaal double strike metemorphs just melt.

I maneuvered some of the gems around and put Flesh & Stone, Precision, and Dread Banner on one claw so I could set up a CWDT using Lightning Golem and Steelskin (since I like watching netflix and not pay attention) on my Tombfist.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a lot of fun and reading such an in-depth and well thought out guide gives me confidence in someday making my own big dick build. <3

Glad that you liked it!
Did you already made a POB Link for HC Players like you mentioned it on your first post? I would like to test it in HC.. nice work Keep it up

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires