[3.8] Krovah's Berserker Consecrated Path |In-Depth Guide| - Dominate the Atlas, Shaper and Blight

how you play i'm all time oom mana was horrible the skill is fun but i can't play with this mana ...
Dernière édition par nelphym, le 15 déc. 2019 11:48:22
I'm playing this as a league starter and it's really fun! I have no trouble clearing t16 maps, even though I only reached level 90 yesterday. Bosses are a bit more difficult, if my Rage and Blitz fades away and I lose flask charges. Maybe not the most optimal build for this particular league, but well, everybody seems to die to metamorphs. I haven't tried the Awakener yet, I need to invest more in defence first.

Some tips from me if people want to try this.

1. Before getting Xophs Blood, you can use Hrimsorrow gloves for full Ele conversion. This allows for ele damage with attacks to have full effect, both the support gem and just stats on tree and items.

2. Make sure to get not corrupted Xophs Blood, there are a lot of corrupted ones from the divination cards on the market. This league we have both oils and catalysts that allow us to modify the amulets and it is a shame to miss out on this because of the corruption. Use elemental damage catalyst for 12% penetration. Resistance one only works for the resistance XD.

3. Rings with assassin's mark are quite expensive so if you can't afford good ones go with good rings and Oskarm Gloves. You can get some with a good corruption as well. You can change that later.

4. 6 link consecrated path costs around 34 mana. This is a lot if you want to sustain 8 attacks per second XD. There are some solutions. Firstly, for clearing, especially early, you need an Enduring Mana Flask. You can roll an immunity suffix on it, so it's quite good, but it prevents you from using another flask, like Jade Flask for example, which goes well with Starkonjas. Basically you need no more investment in mana cost lowering if you have the flask, but the charges will run out on bosses which will prevent you from doing damage. Secondly, mentioned in the main post are Elreon rings, currently the stat we need is "non-channeling skills have -9 to mana cost". Then there are the delve chests with - 15 to Total Mana cost of sockrted attacks. They can't roll maim anymore so they are not as good, but you can still get some life and resistance there. You might also want to use the Inspiration Support. It lowers the mana cost to around 18 so if you can lower it further to 1-3 with chest or two rings you'll be alright, with full sustain and maximum charges uptime. Note that will still be lower damage than any other support, unless you have very low crit chance and inspiration helps here. It gives only 35% more damage and some crit chance. And not all the time.
Note that the delve chest plus both rings (the Elreon prefix is craftable after being unveiled so it's not terrible) lower the cost by 33, so if it was 34 at the beginning it is still not free but it is sustainable with mana regen.

5. Chest. Elder and Hunter chests can roll +0.5-1 (t2) or +1-1.5 (t1, ilvl 85) to attack critical chance. Hunter chests are currently more expensive at ilvl 85+ but cheaper at lower ilvls. I bough lvl 80 for 1c. Not with that mod of course. But if you like fossil crafting it might be good to throw some Serrated Fossils on these bases and see what comes out. I am currently using just a delve rolled chest with minus mana cost and some life and resists. I find the AoE enough and have no desire to switch to Carcass Jack. I'd rather have the defence. Also, the endgame Elder/Hunter chest is better DPS. The AoE of Carcass Jack cannot be beaten though.

6. Helmet enchants. The enchant recommended by Krovah is really the best. It adds to the experience. I am using a random rare helmet with this enchant atm, but I bought the Starkonjas with it for 10c yesterday. XD this build must not be very popular as the BIS helmet according to the author goes for 10c. I need to balance my resists again before I use it though.

7. Resists and the Wise Oak. This is general advice for all Avatar of Fire bukds. Just get your uncapped Fire Res to be the highest and you reach maximum offensive potential and 33% defensive potential of the flask. Balance cold and lightning and you have 67% defensive potential and balance all three for 100%. Worth it but annoying. Need to update a lot of stuff every time I change anything XD. I like doing that so it's fine XD.

8. New Awakened Supports! Are super expensive and I am not using one now. I think Melee Physical one is worth a mention because it grants us Intimidate on hit, the same stat we are looking for on the Tombfist.
However, I am not actually using the normal version of this support at the moment, as the Close Combat Support, not even mentioned in the original guide, is more damage. To bosses when I stand on top of them, but that's where I need it so it's fine. It also increases the speed of the Leap Slam.
If you want to use Carcass Jack, Close Combat support is even more recommended as it is green, so we only need 4 off colours instead of 5.

If you are playing this please let us know you experience!

Dernière édition par Msciwoj, le 21 déc. 2019 09:18:34
I am trying this build out and enjoying the play style so far. Only level 75 but starting to put some pieces together. Im curious if my gem or aura setup should be diff until I get a Xoph's. Not running anger atm as I dont have an enlighten. would love some advice moving forward...

swapping incr aoe gem in for mapping and conc effect for bossing. feels incredibly weak on bosses atm. most of the time just having to swap to my vortex occultist for metamorphs and bosses in yellow+ maps

EDIT: small update since posting this: Swapped to Oskarm for power charge generation and managed to buy my Xoph's Blood. I guess i should swapp out the incr aoe / conc effect to combustion now?
Dernière édition par latterus14, le 22 déc. 2019 08:29:26
I have basically everything in this build but how are you sustaining mana? I am really struggling to make this work, also the single target seems to suck a fair bit.

Edit: been messing around in PoB for a while now and basically this is a fairly expensive build to go past T5-6 maps. Its boss clear is really bad without top tier gear even in low teir maps. It clears trash really well but struggles with higher hp mobs. Ive sink around 5ex into it so far and from my calcs would need to spend around 25-30 more for the build to really get going. Shame because its really fun to zoom around maps like this.
Dernière édition par Sorry1990, le 23 déc. 2019 03:39:56
"
Sorry1990 a écrit :
I have basically everything in this build but how are you sustaining mana? I am really struggling to make this work, also the single target seems to suck a fair bit.

Edit: been messing around in PoB for a while now and basically this is a fairly expensive build to go past T5-6 maps. Its boss clear is really bad without top tier gear even in low teir maps. It clears trash really well but struggles with higher hp mobs. Ive sink around 5ex into it so far and from my calcs would need to spend around 25-30 more for the build to really get going. Shame because its really fun to zoom around maps like this.

youre not wrong, this build definitely requires heavy investment to function efficiently. Looking at your gear though you need new weapons very badly. those are both <300 pdps.
Gear update on my character, things are starting to smooth out but I am still getting one shot by metamorphs pretty often. dont really expect that to change without a major overhaul somewhere. will cont to use this guy for map clear and my vortex occultist for boss killing though i suppose.

Dernière édition par latterus14, le 23 déc. 2019 07:54:12
I made a longer post earlier. But here's a gear update from me.

I am clearing t16s with bosses with no problem. I learned how to do metamorphs but the fights take some time (couple of seconds) and sometimes I die, especially if there is caustic ground. Sirus I couldn't do, but I only had one try and I think its because I have to learn the mechanics better. When I was DPSing it wasn't so bad, storms fucked me up.
Warlord I do deathless, Crusader almost deathless, Hunter almost deathless, Redeemer is the worst because she hides in these storms. Warlord is easiest because this build really likes being able to kill adds. Anyway, gear:

You can notice I have rings with resists and Oskarm for Assassin's Mark. I will need to do something about it at some point but it's fine for now. Elusive on boots is something I am testing right now, it seems to work fine but if you want to have lots of good stats on boots together with Elusive/Tailwind it gets expensive. My boots lack movement speed. Elusive gives some but this buff is weird. I am mostly counting on the dodge from it. This build doesn't care about walking speed so much though.
"
Sorry1990 a écrit :

Read my reply. Things to do for mana:

1. Enduring flask
2. Chest with delve -15 mana cost of socketed attacks.
3. "Non-channeling skills have -9 to mana cost" rings - these are Elreon's syndicate unveils.
4. Swap in Inspiration for some supports. It is less damage but will lower the mana cost. Remember to use it your skill must still cost some mana, like 1-3 mana is best so charges stay for longer.

Combine some of these solutions. If you want to use Carcass Jack/Loreweave you might try two rings + Inspiration. I actually haven't found a single Elreon's ring/amulet this league which is annoying as hell but maybe you'll have better luck than me. You can also ask other ppl for the craft. It is a prefix.

Flask alone is enough for clearing. There is currently a weird behaviour with the enduring flask, it stacks the duration if you use it many times. So if you spam the flask like crazy and clear the whole map, the remaining duration will be enough to kill the boss and then the metamorph. The only boss for which this doesn't work is Sirus as you don't clear anything before fighting him. And maybe Elder/Shaper/Uber Elder, idk, haven't fought them this league.
hi there im trying your build right now to see how smooth it is :) im just wondering can i use a fost ferno helm with CP-Ele with att combustion/immolate and concentrate eff or area dmg cuz on that helm we get +6 and we can easly get 6k life with kaom armour or carcas aoe and aoe dmg without anything in it carcas is hard as fuck to get 5 Red 1 blue alot of chroms dex and int i just bouth 2 swords with 350/480 dps :D or to sustain even more better the mana i can buy an armour with -15% mana cost of skills also :D
alsoo cp is a mov skill this armor is like hulk smash bronn's lithe speed dmg etc is soo many alternatives ways to play this build
ps:sory for my english xD
Dernière édition par _DrStone_, le 6 févr. 2020 07:42:11
"
hi there im trying your build right now to see how smooth it is :) im just wondering can i use a fost ferno helm with CP-Ele with att combustion/immolate and concentrate eff or area dmg cuz on that helm we get +6 and we can easly get 6k life with kaom armour or carcas aoe and aoe dmg without anything in it carcas is hard as fuck to get 5 Red 1 blue alot of chroms dex and int i just bouth 2 swords with 350/480 dps :D or to sustain even more better the mana i can buy an armour with -15% mana cost of skills also :D
alsoo cp is a mov skill this armor is like hulk smash bronn's lithe speed dmg etc is soo many alternatives ways to play this build
ps:sory for my english xD

Again, I am not the creator but I will add my two cents.
Skill gem level is irrelevant for this build. Completely. +gem level modifiers do basically nothing. Why? Because it is an attack build and attacks scale with weapon damage, they only have a small amount of added damage on the gem. The opportunity cost of adding levels to the gem is so high that you are much better off using these slots differently.
So frostferno is quite useless. Bronn's Lithe might be good but if you go for 5 red 1 blue then you need 6 off colours so it's practically impossible to get. To make the Carcass Jack colouring easier (and also because I think it is better), you can use the Close Combat Support instead of one of the red supports. Then you only need 4 off colours which is manageable.
What you mentioned about -15 mana body armour is a good idea too. There are a lot of new conquerors mods that can go quite well with this build.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires