[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

Killed Sirus 8 deathless with ease. Thanks for the fun build!
Im confused. Title says Slayer but people are discussing about berserker?
"
mcserrona a écrit :

Nobody is talking about Berserker. You are indeed confused my friend.
"
mcserrona a écrit :

People are talking about Champion which is another one of the duelists ascendancy, if this is what you mean.

Currently leveling this build.
Any kind of future upgrades that i could do ?
except belt with inc life mod(currently searchin for x3 damage mods)
maybe some gem swaps etc things ?
Dernière édition par Alexdaikone, le 17 janv. 2020 15:18:59
Its normal for you guys not invest in chaos resistance? before i capped my chaos res i was dying to metamorphs (because of the high chaos dmg they can deal).
Dex, how do I know which brutal restraing give me the stats as the same in your pastebin. Because when I use you cheap version of brutal restraint my Cyclone gos to almost 10mil DMG, and Vaal Cyclone goes up to 15mil. But my jewel just give me 3mil on Cyclone and 5mil on Vaal. The numbes of the seeds matter? How does that work? And how can I buy a Brutal Restraint as good as your chep one?
Spoiler
"
Dex2644 a écrit :
Introduction

Hello and welcome to my build guide.

This is an Impale Cyclone build that I made during Legion league that I plan to update consistenly throughout the future leagues.

It can be played as any duelist/marauder ascendancy except for chieftain and the main focus is to demolish endgame content without spending a fortune.

In Metamorph league I've killed every single boss in the game deathless with this build with less than 10 exalts invested. It maps very fast, it's not an uber tank but it's tanky enough to deal with all content and the damage output is ludicrous.

I'm currently playing this build for Metamorph league and I'm actively trying different things so make sure you check my profile for up to date changes.

3.9 changes
Spoiler

"-X% to Total Physical Damage Reduction from your Hits" AKA Armor Penetration: Why they went with this name is beyond me, but nevertheless it's a new beneficial stat for pure physical builds. It's a good stat but nothing we need to focus on.

Awakened Support Gems Both of these gems gets 5% more damage on them. Brutality gets 10% "armor penetration" and Melee Physical Damage gets 10% chance to Intimidate on hit. Both of these gems are very strong and I recommend getting them ASAP.

Maim chest mod removed: This one is gonna sting a bit, we lose a bit over 10% damage but despite that we still reach more than respectable numbers. I still recommend fossil crafting the chest purely because of the minus mana cost mod.

Multi-Mod removal: While this build never relied on multi-mod for its core, I think it deserves a mention since I'm still recommending the Assassin's Mark ring.

If we ignore the "armor penetration" and just look at the numerical changes in this patch, our final shaper DPS will get a slight bump of about 5% more DPS mainly because of the 2 Awakened Support Gems.

How relevant "shaper DPS" is with the new Atlas bosses however remains to be seen.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros
+ This build can achieve stupid levels of damage.
+ League start and SSF viable.
+ No required items.
+ Good clearspeed.
+ Tackles end game easily on a low budget.
+ Has lots of room for min/max.

Cons:
- While our Cyclone area is very big, we are still playing Melee wich is dangerous at time.
- Meta build means some end game items can be expensive.
- Leap Slam is bugged in the current patch causing you to get stuck on objects easily.
- It's not a thicc tonk build so you have to dodge things yourself.

Videos
Spoiler

DISCLAIMER: Most videos are from 3.7 Legion. More 3.9 videos are on their way.

3.7 videos

3.9 videos

Path of Building

Spoiler
With the gear in this setup you will end up around 6mil shaper DPS with pure single target settings.

If we start adding things you'd have while mapping like killed recently, power/frenzy charges etc then the DPS doubles.

Ascendancy order: Headsman->Bane of Legends->Overwhelm->Impact.

IMPORTANT: I'm currently using the fork to POB from localidentity. In order to see the correct version make sure you also use it. You can get it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/HhtKcz1x

Expensive end-game: https://pastebin.com/98vvjmGD

Both of these links focus on building defensive layers while still maintaining a high DPS in the numbers of 6-11mil.

If you feel like you struggle with survival, you can swap Overwhelm and Bane of Legends for Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour though this comes at a pretty heavy cost in terms of clearspeed. Damage remains roughly the same.

Bandit+Pantheon
Spoiler
Bandit: Alira is going to be the strongest choice for 99% of the game. There are arguments for taking the skill points but I like the extra resists that Alira provides. If you want to try the skill points, make sure you do the comparison in POB first.

Pantheon:

Major: Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Arakaali are both solid choices. Start out with Lunaris and if you struggle with damage over time effects then try Arakaali.

Minor: Soul of Shakari's upgraded version "immune to poison" is the best you can get.

Honorable mention: Soul of Ralakesh for maim/blind immunity and Soul of Garukhan for movement speed while mapping.

Mechanics
Spoiler
Impale
Spoiler

Impale is a debuff you apply to the target that stores 10% of the damage you dealt in the previous hit and deals that amount as extra damage on consecutive hits.

Impale stacks up to 5 baseline giving you a 50% MORE damage multiplier.
You can increase this to 7 by either using Champions ascendancy node "Master of Metal" or by using a Watcher's Eye with the mod "Impales you inflict last 2 additional hits while using Pride".

We multiply this number by getting Impale Effect.

With just Impale Support, Dread Banner, and the 2 skill tree clusters we get a damage multiplier of 104%.

Mana Cost Reduction
Spoiler

Since Cyclone hits really fast, it can be hard to sustain mana only through leech. The best way to solve this is to get a fossil crafted chest with the mod "Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost" however you can also get 3 sources of -3 to channeling skills on rings, amulet or anointed "Lucidity"
1h vs 2h
Spoiler
2h has a few strong elder mods like 7-link Fortify, double damage and a few others. It also has the benefit of using 2 6 links or just a body armour with really good stats without needing to link it such as a Kaom's Heart. It also looks pretty damn cool.

Dual Wield on the other hand gets a few nice perks. By just using 2 1handers you get 10% MORE attack speed, 20% MORE attack physical damage and 15% additional block chance.
Rampage
Spoiler
We get Rampage in this build while mapping through the 2h Axe Sinvicta's Mettle. We use this in weapon swap so you just swap to it, get 1 kill, then swap back to your main weapon/s.

Gear
Spoiler

For any gear related questions, make sure you read the Detailed section.

Cheap Sample Gear
Spoiler
Expensive Sample Gear
Spoiler
Detailed Gearing
Spoiler
Weapons
Spoiler
Paradoxica is incredibly cost efficient while delivering high end damage.

A well rolled Paradoxica is equivalent to a rare jewelled foil with about 480 pDPS but they cost about 20 ex compared to a Paradoxica that cost around 5 ex. Because of the low attack speed it wont feel as smooth when mapping, but your damage will go through the roof. Make sure you check POB before buying weapons as it greatly depends on the rest of your gear.

IMPORTANT: Because of how Paradoxica work, it will show less in-game tooltip because it doesnt calculate the double damage mod but its certainly an incredibly strong weapon. The best stats you want on this is "increased physical damage" and "attack speed/quality" similar to the one I linked. The reason it's so high quality is because I've used the 30% quality recipe from the Menagerie.

As a budget option you can use a Scaeva in your main hand and a decent rolled rare foil in your off-hand. For the Scaeva you want 3 green sockets for the crit multi.

The Saviour is our ultimate endgame weapon however it comes at a cost of 20+ ex. In addition to that the clones it spawns are rather stupid so you will need to socket Convocation to move them yourself occasionally.
Helmet
Spoiler
Start out by using a Starkonja until you can craft a good helm.

Stats to aim for: Life+Resist -> Phys to Nearby -> Fortify Effect

If you dont need the resist you can craft +1 to AoE gems as prefix and socket 3 auras + enlighten in helmet.

The best influence for crafting is Warlord.
Helm Enchant
Spoiler
Listed in order of DPS gain.

15% Cyclone Attack Speed - 6.1% more damage
Blood and Sand has 40% increased Buff Effect - 5.2% more damage
40% Cyclone Damage - 5% more damage
12% increased Attack Speed during Blood Rage - 5% more damage
150% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Flame Golems - 3.5% more damage
Dread Banner has 40% increased Aura Effect - 2% more damage

As you can see the dps difference isnt huge between the enchants so just get wichever one is the cheapest. Flame Golem and Blood Rage dont have 100% uptime on bosses so keep that in mind.

The dps numbers are based off the sample gear that you can find in the POB. For more accurate numbers make sure to compare each enchant with your own character in POB.
Body Armour
Spoiler

Stats to aim for: -15 mana cost -> Life -> Elder/Hunter Base Crit -> Resist

You dont need an astral plate, nor do you need an elder body. On league start I used a normal rare 6-link fossil crafted with Serrated and Pristine for the -15.

The best influence for crafting is Hunter with Elder close second providing almost identical mods.
Gloves
Spoiler

Stats to aim for: Life+Resist -> Attack Speed -> Phys to Attacks

If you dont need the resist you can craft damage while leeching as Prefix.

Best influence for crafting is Hunter and the best base is Spiked Gloves.
Boots
Spoiler

Stats to aim for: Move Speed -> Life+Resist

If you dont need resists you can craft attributes, damage during soul gain prevention or cannot be frozen. High move speed is crucial, minimum 25% because it heavily affects Cyclone.

Best influence for crafting is Hunter by far because of Tailwind.
Amulet
Spoiler
Stats to aim for: Life -> Crit Multi -> Intelligence -> Phys to Attacks

The Int is only necessary if you are using Infused Channeling.
If you dont need the Int you can craft damage while leeching.

If you dont have minus mana cost on chest you want -3 to channeling cost on both rings and amulet in order to have 0 mana cost on Cyclone.

Crafting wise, none of the influences are particularly appealing to us.

Rings
Spoiler
Stats to aim for: Life+Resist -> Phys to Attacks -> Intelligence

If you dont have minus mana cost on chest you want -3 to channeling cost on both rings and amulet in order to have 0 mana cost on Cyclone.

Best in slot ring should have either Assassin's Mark or Vulnerability on hit. Assassin is slightly better. If you use Assassin's Mark ring it's a good idea to have a Mark of the Elder in the other slot.

Best influence is Shaper followed closely by Warlord.
Belt
Spoiler
Stats to aim for: Life+Resist

You can craft attributes or %increased damage if you dont need resists.

End game option would be a fossil crafted Stygian Vise with physical damage.

Stats on the jewel should be life and either attack speed, global crit multi or physical damage to attacks aswell as onslaught on kill if you can.

Best influence for crafting the belt is Hunter with Elder being a close second.
Flasks
Spoiler
The flasks are pretty much locked in place. Not many flasks can compare with this setup. The mod "of the Order" is very good on a Diamond Flask but its pretty hard to get.

Silver Flask or even Bottled Faith can replace Basalt if you rather play in true softcore fashion.
Jewels
Spoiler

Best mods for rare jewels are life% and crit multi -> attack speed -> physical damage.

You can use either Brutal Restraint or Lethal Pride. Brutal Restraint is more DPS oriented with attack speed and crit whilst Lethal Pride is a bit more tanky with Fortify effect.

The best mod for a Watcher's Eye is 2 additional hits with Impale though it's quite expensive. Most of the Pride and Precision mods are good so if you cant afford a 2 stack Impale then just get another mod for either of the 2 auras.

IMPORTANT: If you use Paradoxica's then the double damage mod with Pride will not work, it doesnt stack.

Skill Gems
Spoiler
Cyclone
Spoiler
The all purpose link for Cyclone will be Impale-> Brutality-> Fortify -> Infused Channeling -> Close Combat.

Close Combat is the flex slot and you can use either Rage, Melee Phys or Pulverise instead. Rage is the best for damage but has a nasty ramp up, Melee Phys is the most consistent, Pulverise is the worst for damage but gives more AoE and finally Close Combat almost rivals the DPS of Rage but with no ramp up, it does however only work that well if you are right on top of the enemy.

When you get the awakened gems, obviously swap Brutality for it's awakened version and swap Close Combat for awakened Melee Phys since it now also grants us Intimidate.
Warchief
Spoiler
Completely optional link, however it does give us MORE damage when its up and it does respectable damage on its own. I use this quite frequently, especially right before popping a Metamorph or a map boss.
Cast when damage taken
Spoiler
Some kind of Vaal Molten Shell is crucial as it give us a huge amount of defense when we pop it right after our Lion's Roar. I like the CWDT because I forget to press the normal Molten Shell while mapping and Flame Golem is just something extra.
Leap Slam
Spoiler
Either Leap Slam or Whirling Blades. Blood magic is needed given we reserve almost all of our mana. If you want to 4 link this you can use Faster Attacks aswell.
Auras
Spoiler
These are the best auras you can get for a balanced setup.

You can swap back and forth between blood and sand stance as you want, just keep in mind that blood=DPS and sand=defense. Until you are comfortable with the build, just play in sand stance.

An Enlighten 3 is not necessary however it allows you to level up Precision past level 1 for additional accuracy and crit.

If you use Enlighten, link it with Pride, Flesh and Stone and either Dread Banner or Blood and Sand.
Utility
Spoiler
Blood Rage is very strong, both for mapping and bosses since it gives frenzy charges on kill, but more importantly attack speed. If you want you can rely on this to get your life leech cap and save a few points on the tree.

Portal is just because I'm lazy, if you have portal scrolls you can use blood magic here aswell so none of your skills cost mana.

Enduring Cry is completely optional, it's just a means for generating endurance charges for defense.

Convocation should only be used if you have The Saviour sword and even then its a bit debatable. If you feel fine with the behaviour of the clones then skip this gem.

Levelling Section - Work in progress as of 3.9
Spoiler
Levelling Skill Tree
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/0jvfj2vt

Make sure you click the dropdown as shown in the image to see different levels.
https://imgur.com/a/JzJRqR0
Vendor Recipe for leveling weapons.
Spoiler
By vendoring a white sword, a blue or rare rustic sash and 1 blacksmith whetstone will give you %physical damage. After this you can either craft attack speed on it or use a regal orb and craft flat phys damage.

Starting Gear lvl 1-10
Spoiler
Early Game lvl 10-30
Spoiler
Mid Game lvl 30-43
Spoiler
Optional Weapons
Spoiler
Rigwald's Charge is very strong and is useful despite being a 2hand.

Oni-Goroshi is most likely the fastest and strongest weapon to level with so if you can afford one this is the best option. In order to trigger it's effect "Her Embrace" make sure you link Combustion together with your attack skill in order to ignite. This can also be replicated with Herald of Ash although not as effective.
Skill Gems
Spoiler

We start levelling with Perforate linked with Chance to Bleed, Maim and Added Fire. When you hit level 4 you want to pick up both Steelskin and Blood & Sand.

You get Dash at level 4 and its pretty good. You can play with it all the way to end game if you want or swap to Leap Slam at level 10.

At level 16 you want to get Flesh & Stone and link it with Maim. Replace Maim on your Perforate with Melee Phys when you hit level 18. Link Faster Attacks with your Dash or Leap Slam.

At level 28 you can swap to Cyclone or keep levelling with Perforate. Either add Fortify as your 5th link or replace Chance to Bleed when you hit level 31.

At around level 50 is where we'll want to swap to pure physical so make sure you have the Impale nodes on the skill tree. If you have a 6link at this point it should be Cyclone-Impale-Brutality-Fortify-Melee Phys-Rage.
We also start using both Pride and Dread Banner for Impale and remove the Maim from your Flesh & Stone.

Mana is pretty tight at this point so if you dont already have a rare ring with -mana cost you can use a cheap Praxis ring.

At this point onwards you have the base of the skill gems. For further information please refer to the Skill Gem section.

FAQ
Spoiler
Q: Is Brutal Restraint jewel mandatory?
A: No not at all. There isnt a single mandatory item in this build. To find out exactly what each item does, read the detailed gearing section.

Q: I struggle a lot with survivability, what can I do to fix it?
A: As of 3.9 the whole game became a lot more scarier. Your first step to surviving is to respect the content so pay attention to the map mods. Other than that some suggestions are changing to Overleech, using more defensive flasks, getting more defensive stats such as Fortify effect. Another option is to try Champion since it is slightly tankier.

Q: Wich stats to aim for on Paradoxica?
A: Physical damage and Attack Speed hybrid with Quality. It's also beastcrafted to 30% quality via the menagerie.

Q:Wich passive do we anoint on amulet?
A:There are loads of viable choices for us but to save time I'll list the best.

DPS: Assassination
Life: Cruel Preparation
Defense: Rampart
Utility: Lucidity
Expensive BiS: Tenacity
Budget Option: Bladedancer

Changelog
Spoiler

Jul 15, 2019: Added videos.

Jul 16, 2019: Optimized skill tree and POB.

Jul 18, 2019: Video for Bladestorm.

Aug 02, 2019: Added a levelling section with POB.

Aug 04, 2019: Fixed POB with current gear for both expensive and cheap version aswell as adding ascendancy priority. Expanded levelling section.

Aug 12, 2019: Added more helm enchants and displays the dps difference.

Aug 26, 2019: Minor update with thoughts about 3.8 nerf.

Sep 10, 2019: Cleaned up the POB and fully remade the guide for 3.8.

Oct 19, 2019: Made the guide easier to read aswell as adding FAQ section.

Dec 31, 2019: Updated major sections of the guide to better suit 3.9 and Metamorph league.

Jan 07, 2020: Rewrote major parts of the guide and finalized POB, gems and gear section.

Thanks for taking the time to read my guide. I'm open to feedback and suggestions and I'll try my best to answer any questions if anything is unclear.

Check out my other builds here:

Zombie Necro 3.8: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2637833

I have 2 question :

1 - On your Deathless Sirus 8 and 2x Beyond t15 Shore Video you only use cyclone, but on your Aul Depth 585 I see 2 others skills using cyclone all the time, you make this change on PoB too ? Worth do it ?

2 - These clone cyclone, they follow the mobs ? they make a good damage ?

I'm really like this build and want make it, i already farm 15 ex and 500c ... maybe can try make this.
The clones are from the Savior sword that drops from Sirus
"
feebleric a écrit :
Dex, how do I know which brutal restraing give me the stats as the same in your pastebin. Because when I use you cheap version of brutal restraint my Cyclone gos to almost 10mil DMG, and Vaal Cyclone goes up to 15mil. But my jewel just give me 3mil on Cyclone and 5mil on Vaal. The numbes of the seeds matter? How does that work? And how can I buy a Brutal Restraint as good as your chep one?

Buy the cheapest BR jewel you can, then use Divine Orbs until you get good effects. Dex posted on page 35 what are god ones, a page or two back someone else had a different suggestion. Check the POE Wiki for timeless jewels for an overview of how they work.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires