[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

After years I recently started playing PoE again, kind of in preparation of Harvest league before we knew what it would entail. I used your guide to get me to level 62 and I feel I'm getting the hang of the build for the most part, the gearing is difficult (as in getting anything over 4 link armor, I'm not sure how yet) but I'll get through it.

Will you have updated this guide by Friday while keeping it content viable and budget friendly? I really would like a build that allows me to explore the game/league without trying to figure out my build, so I'd like to use yours again (even if it's changed).

Are we going to have to switch to two hand or are other changes needed instead?

Cheers!
I'm currently working on changing the skill tree, good news is that we dont lose a ton of damage in the end. Most of the crit multi nerfs were very heavy on the right side of the tree, this essentially just means we swap over to the left side to get Disemboweling etc.

I'll be working on updating the guide in the upcoming days and I can more or less guarantee it will be up to date before friday.

The core of the build will not change for the sake of consistency, it will remain a 1h Impale Cyclone build. However you can easily swap to 2h at any point because we only have 1 cluster for 1h that you can easily swap to 2h cluster for the same points. With that said the community seems to think 1h is dead right now wich is good for us, because it means they will be cheaper relative to 2h uniques/high crafted rares.

The current iteration I'm working with has estimated ~12% DPS loss but about the same hp/survival etc. I'm not fully satisfied with the tree because I would really want some kind of guaranteed stun immunity but both Unwavering Stance and Brutal Fervour are kind of depressing considering the new position of Unwavering on tree aswell as the huge damage loss from giving up Overwhelm.

In endgame this wouldnt be an issue because you could afford a very spicy foil with high crit and just ditch Overwhelm/Bane of Legends in favour of Endless Hunger/Brutal Fervour, it sacrifices a very small amount of damage in favour of huge survivability and stun/bleed immunity.

"
Dex2644 a écrit :
I'm currently working on changing the skill tree, good news is that we dont lose a ton of damage in the end. Most of the crit multi nerfs were very heavy on the right side of the tree, this essentially just means we swap over to the left side to get Disemboweling etc.

I'll be working on updating the guide in the upcoming days and I can more or less guarantee it will be up to date before friday.

In endgame this wouldnt be an issue because you could afford a very spicy foil with high crit and just ditch Overwhelm/Bane of Legends in favour of Endless Hunger/Brutal Fervour, it sacrifices a very small amount of damage in favour of huge survivability and stun/bleed immunity.

Thanks & good luck, I have faith in your decisions!
Honestly, I'm thinking Champion might be the play.
So on my PoB i took out the deep cuts node and took the left side of the tree instead of the right side of the tree (lot of wasted nodes getting to the left side anyways) and using the left side of the tree and char level 95 I ended up with more damage even without deep cuts.

New tree: https://pastebin.com/ETr70wMi
Original tree version: https://pastebin.com/ETr70wMi

The "original tree version" was farming Sirus AL8 in Delirium.

-edit-
NVM, looks like you upgraded the tree already and did a better job than I did.

In the end, not nearly as much of a nerf as i feared originally.

Dernière édition par MuTayShuN, le 18 juin 2020 00:36:02
I'm feeling like I'm going to play Champion, because of Master of Metal and some other nodes. That would also fix the stun issue (stun immune when fortify node)

Would that work on this build too just by changing the ascendancy points and leaving the tree and gems as is?
Dernière édition par marnikxs, le 18 juin 2020 03:34:02
I found this and bought immediately (12ex), I have a feeling I might need it:

I won't have time to start over in the new league so all my investment will be on my current one on standard.
Dernière édition par Bauab, le 18 juin 2020 04:17:27
"
MuTayShuN a écrit :
So on my PoB i took out the deep cuts node and took the left side of the tree instead of the right side of the tree (lot of wasted nodes getting to the left side anyways) and using the left side of the tree and char level 95 I ended up with more damage even without deep cuts.

New tree: https://pastebin.com/ETr70wMi
Original tree version: https://pastebin.com/ETr70wMi

The "original tree version" was farming Sirus AL8 in Delirium.

-edit-
NVM, looks like you upgraded the tree already and did a better job than I did.

In the end, not nearly as much of a nerf as i feared originally.

Variations are always nice and the tree I made could very well end up being unoptimized, it's just the easiest way to fix stun immunity. The alternatives would be to get mark of the elder combo in lategame, or get a foil with enough crit to give up Overwhelm+Bane of Legends in favour of Endless Hunger+Brutal Fervour. It would certainly drop some damage for us but the defensive gains would be astronomical.

"
marnikxs a écrit :
I'm feeling like I'm going to play Champion, because of Master of Metal and some other nodes. That would also fix the stun issue (stun immune when fortify node)

Would that work on this build too just by changing the ascendancy points and leaving the tree and gems as is?

Yes the build pretty much works on a 1:1 ratio for Champion so feel free to go that route if you wanna have an easier time. Champion is already really good and solves the new issues a lot easier than Slayer does, but for the sake of the guides consistency I will not revamp this into a Champion guide.
I'm currently working on updating the guide and reviewing certain sections of the build. If there's anything confusing about the old or new version feel free to let me know so I can make it easier to understand.
kaoms roots for stun immunity or too slow?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires