[3.9] The Hitman, Elemental Hit Slayer (League Starter to Endgame / 800+ Delve)

"
Tenkiei a écrit :
"
Alavar a écrit :
Hey all..I bought the Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel but I don't see that it says it causes intimidate with fury bolts...just 5 double dam..can you explain further?

Alright so there are 2 important elements to Lethal Pride the general, which controls how the jewel modifies keystones, and the "seed" which controls how it effects all other passives.

So for example:

this one gives Intimidate on "Claws of the Hawk" but if you were to place seed 12940 in the same spot it would have a completely different effect.

-----

Ok so...I moved my timeless jewel to a different spot...just under 'heart Seeker' and it gave me intimidate on hit...on heart seeker! I was very confused about why it wasnt giving it to me on fury bolts but...it seems i have it on hit now...I guess the jewels are completely random which nodes they affect?

Thank you very much for the reply, sir.

As for my MS...these were just the boots i had used on viperstrike...will def upgrade soonish but the Life was quite tasty on these.

Dernière édition par Alavar, le 2 juil. 2019 08:03:24
I want to get started working on a GG bow for this build. Is thicket the BIS base? What sort of base should I be working with and what ilvl makes it easiest?

Also, since I am using
, wouldn't it be better for the bow to not have + level to socketed gems? This would only increase my trash clearing DPS, but it would gimp the potential of my single target boss melting attack. That seems like a horrible trade-off to make..

I can't believe you don't suggest this helmet as an option in your build guide.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Dernière édition par xsnowingx, le 2 juil. 2019 14:03:30
I know mana's been asked about before...but...

I've got Mana flows node and x1 mana leech (as i saw on Tenkiei's passive tree)...

**AND i bought a jewel that has +2 mana for each enemy hit

**and i'm still getting "i don't have enough spirit"***

Can't get rid of my thicket bow as it's got insane rolls

Would getting rid of attack speed on items help? Or maybe adding More +mana per enemy hit? I saw a node that also gives +2 mana per hit

Enjoying the build..other than this issue and really didnt wanna invest so heavily in mana leech but that seems to be the path....or maybe mana regen?

Dernière édition par Alavar, le 2 juil. 2019 12:37:24
"
xsnowingx a écrit :
I want to get started working on a GG bow for this build. Is thicket the BIS base? What sort of base should I be working with and what ilvl makes it easiest?

Also, since I am using
, wouldn't it be better for the bow to not have + level to socketed gems? This would only increase my trash clearing DPS, but it would gimp the potential of my single target boss melting attack. That seems like a horrible trade-off to make..

I can't believe you don't suggest this helmet as an option in your build guide.

I do suggest this helmet as an option in my build guide, and have since day 1.

Shaped Thicket or Imperial bow, il75+ if you're trying to roll +gem levels it doesn't particularly matter but lower is generally better.

+bow gem levels on your bow, because the suggested setup for the build is 2 bows so you can wear a defensive helmet.

-----

"
Alavar a écrit :
I know mana's been asked about before...but...

I've got Mana flows node and x1 mana leech (as i saw on Tenkiei's passive tree)...

**AND i bought a jewel that has +2 mana for each enemy hit

**and i'm still getting "i don't have enough spirit"***

Can't get rid of my thicket bow as it's got insane rolls

Would getting rid of attack speed on items help? Or maybe adding More +mana per enemy hit? I saw a node that also gives +2 mana per hit

Enjoying the build..other than this issue and really didnt wanna invest so heavily in mana leech but that seems to be the path....or maybe mana regen?

what is your attack time with frenzies up? Personally I just managed it by the fact that I was rarely able to just stand still and attack in place anyway. I often had to constantly move / avoid enemies which would give my leech enough time. I think if I just stand still shooting an enemy after a time I will OOM, I think your biggest issue with mana leech / attack speed is your leech rate is heavily controlled by your max mana pool, and since you're not scaling int that is controlled by level. at L82 you simply don't have enough mana to sustain your attack speed, whereas at my level 95 it smooths out because I gain quite a bit more.

That said your best option in the short term would be -8 to -9 to mana cost of skills on your ring (or 6-7 if you don't want to spend 1 ex). It's the smallest sacrifice for the biggest payout.
Dernière édition par Tenkiei, le 2 juil. 2019 14:30:50
"
Tenkiei a écrit :

if you're trying to roll +gem levels it doesn't particularly matter but lower is generally better.

Wouldn't I not particularly want this, in my case, since I am using the Frostferno? I would think I would want to maximize my single target, especially since it really becomes a greater proj shot when you factor in Headhunter as well as Dying Sun.

Some mods I think might be good would be:

• % chance to do double damage
• Increased Attack Speed
• Increased Elemental Damage
• Increased Fire Damage
• Attacks with this weapon penetrate #% elemental resistance (this won't affect my single target, i think?)
• +# to socketed bow gems (this definitely does not affect my single target dps)
• Increased elemental damage with attack skills

I have never really built a bow character before. Are there any other S Tier mods that I have overlooked?
Dernière édition par xsnowingx, le 2 juil. 2019 14:41:11
Attacks Deal Double Damage / % Attack Speed (suff)
80-120% increased Elemental Damage (mutually exclusive with fire damage) (pre)
Attacks with this weapon penetrate 16-20% of Fire or Elemental resistance (Scorched or Prismatic) (pre)
Power Charge on Crit / Crit Multiplier (suff)

That's what comes to mind off the top of my head, you might also want to check out this link for a more in-depth list.
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Bow

NOTE: The penetration still applies, the attack is not socketed in the weapon but it is made with the weapon still. The only time it would not apply is if you were dual wielding, where the hits alternate between main and off hand.
"
Tenkiei a écrit :
Attacks with this weapon penetrate 16-20% of Fire or Elemental resistance (Scorched or Prismatic) (pre)

That's what comes to mind off the top of my head, you might also want to check out this link for a more in-depth list.

NOTE: The penetration still applies, the attack is not socketed in the weapon but it is made with the weapon still. The only time it would not apply is if you were dual wielding, where the hits alternate between main and off hand.

Thanks, that's really helpful. Do you know of a fossil craft or an essence craft that can make this a bit easier to achieve, via crafting and then annulling? I know there is a fossil craft for the +gem levels, but I would rather craft focused on single target. I assume this might be much much harder to do..
Dernière édition par xsnowingx, le 2 juil. 2019 14:43:44
"
xsnowingx a écrit :
"
Tenkiei a écrit :

Thanks, that's really helpful. Do you know of a fossil craft or an essence craft that can make this a bit easier to achieve, via crafting and then annulling? I know there is a fossil craft for the +gem levels, but I would rather craft focused on single target. I assume this might be much much harder to do..

Based on my experience if you want a good bow with double damage / % elemental damage / X yes it is quite a lot harder to do. When I rolled something similar for my Scourge Arrow character in betrayal I didn't end up getting quite what I wanted but hit decent results after spending around 30 exalts worth of fossils and annuls. In that same league Octavian hit a similar bow in 14 or so ex worth I believe. Don't take these as hard and fast numbers, you could hit it on your first try, or not hit it for 1000+ tries.

At the time we were rolling we used Prismatic / Shuddering / Metallic as the baseline, Prismatic to add % ele damage, Shuddering to encourage double damage/aspd, Metallic to block phys mods. You could optionally add in Serrated but this will up the cost slightly.

The main reason that I don't suggest this personally is because I had more than enough single target dps without doing this. I am currently at ~1.6m on clear ~3.1m on single target with my two bows, and they were easier to roll due to being +gems bows.

-----

If I were to actually hit a bow like that it would change to:
1.4m dps on the clear skill.
4.3m on the helmet.

But it should be noted this is with a +8 Frostferno which costs 35 ex minimum, so while overall yes you don't lose that much clear damage (you do lose ~400 max hp and ~6% physical damage reduction) it's likely a bit more expensive than the alternative of rolling two bows.
Dernière édition par Tenkiei, le 2 juil. 2019 14:56:08

I think your biggest issue with mana leech / attack speed is your leech rate is heavily controlled by your max mana pool, and since you're not scaling int that is controlled by level. at L82 you simply don't have enough mana to sustain your attack speed, whereas at my level 95 it smooths out because I gain quite a bit more.

That said your best option in the short term would be -8 to -9 to mana cost of skills on your ring (or 6-7 if you don't want to spend 1 ex). It's the smallest sacrifice for the biggest payout.[/quote]

Are we supposed to be scaling int? Or is mana just controlled by lvl for this build? I have 208 Unreserved mana at the moment...x1 +30 int node and 52 int on a ring.

*I also just got my +30 MS boots...and ran 5 uber labs and got the Leech Life and mana if killed recently enchant...but still didn't fix my issue

I think I'm just used to spamming arrows (with other bow builds) before fully entering a room so that I can slaughter before they can hit me.....but with this setup, if there are no mobs to hit...mana goes poof. So it could be i just need to lay off the trigger a little.

Thank you for putting up with my questions :)
May still look into -mana mod on ring but that will be tough to get with the Res stats and accuracy mod/life/int that im currently tied to.

"
Are we supposed to be scaling int? Or is mana just controlled by lvl for this build? I have 208 Unreserved mana at the moment...x1 +30 int node and 52 int on a ring.

*I also just got my +30 MS boots...and ran 5 uber labs and got the Leech Life and mana if killed recently enchant...but still didn't fix my issue

I think I'm just used to spamming arrows (with other bow builds) before fully entering a room so that I can slaughter before they can hit me.....but with this setup, if there are no mobs to hit...mana goes poof. So it could be i just need to lay off the trigger a little.

Thank you for putting up with my questions :)
May still look into -mana mod on ring but that will be tough to get with the Res stats and accuracy mod/life/int that im currently tied to.

Nope not supposed to be scaling int, and unreserved mana doesn't matter... the issue isn't how much of it you have it's your mana leech rate.

Life and Mana leeched also won't do anything, because the leech rate is controlled primarily by your maximum mana, and then any increases to maximum mana leech rate you have.

----

The -mana cost to ring is a craft costs 1 ex so it would replace your crafted WED. It's pretty common for bow builds to be unable to just attack nothing and sustain their mana.

You're right that if you lay off the trigger a little it'll smooth out, and levels will help as well.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires