[3.20] Level with VAAL FLICKER STRIKE from LV28 - LEAGUE START

"
carrlossss a écrit :
What are your thoughts about using rebuke of the vaal with a shield? Is this sword still viable? I always been curious about it having so much dps but no one uses it

Oh that was on this guide before. I thought the price went up but I guess not. It's. Thats a good 1 hand choice.
sound like you got some clarification on impale. would you mind elaborating?

do the 26 hits hit for 0 dmg or does it just hit once at the end?

the reason i am asking is because i want to use Impaler. the 4 second rule worries me. if i hit for 0 impale, will it block me from getting an impale on the final hit?
"
locerto a écrit :
sound like you got some clarification on impale. would you mind elaborating?

do the 26 hits hit for 0 dmg or does it just hit once at the end?

the reason i am asking is because i want to use Impaler. the 4 second rule worries me. if i hit for 0 impale, will it block me from getting an impale on the final hit?

good question... i dont know how impaler will work.

I dont know why you would ever want to use impaler in a flicker build. Impaler is good for builds that attack very slowly. You'll have less dps if you are attacking more than once per second.

The exception is if Impaler will give 5 stacks of huge vaal flicker impales, worth 26 x 5 = 130 attack hits. Then, that would be super strong!

"
I dont know why you would ever want to use impaler in a flicker build. Impaler is good for builds that attack very slowly. You'll have less dps if you are attacking more than once per second.

so i think we are thinking about it a little wrong. how often are you going to attack the same mob more than 2 times?

this is effectively doubling your hits for a shorter burst.

an enemy that would take 3 hits would now take two, 5 = 3, 7 = 4, 9 = 5,
11 = 6 (master of metal), also you can take the nodes that give huge impale effect if the enemy had no impale stacks prior. effectively giving you 2.2 total dmg per hit.

If an enemy would normally take more than 11 attacks before dying you probably should be using vaal flicker anyways.

so the question is will it work on the vaal flicker.

also the impale overwelm physical dmg looks like it can be brought to around 95%

effectively nulling all defense everything up until uber (according to pob)
"
locerto a écrit :
"

so i think we are thinking about it a little wrong. how often are you going to attack the same mob more than 2 times?

this is effectively doubling your hits for a shorter burst.

an enemy that would take 3 hits would now take two, 5 = 3, 7 = 4, 9 = 5,
11 = 6 (master of metal), also you can take the nodes that give huge impale effect if the enemy had no impale stacks prior. effectively giving you 2.2 total dmg per hit.

If an enemy would normally take more than 11 attacks before dying you probably should be using vaal flicker anyways.

so the question is will it work on the vaal flicker.

also the impale overwelm physical dmg looks like it can be brought to around 95%

effectively nulling all defense everything up until uber (according to pob)

I don't follow what youre saying. With impaler, enemies will only ever have up to 5 impales on them. If you take Master of metal or other sources of +1 impale, I don't know why you'd ever want to take impaler. Impaler is for slow attacking builds.

Also, vaal flicker is quite bad for clearing maps. I'd only use it vs bosses or tough enemies, but if there are ads, that will plummet the dps because you will flicker towards them.

Vaal flicker is 26 attacks. If you add impale to that, you'll need 31 attacks to get to max DPS. It's not a short burst. "an enemy that would take 3 hits would now take two" --- no, it will take 26 at least

I'm probably still not understanding what youre saying. Where is the double dmg coming from?

Good to see you back/updating this thread, I remember seeing you in one of my matches in some other game during this 2 year hiatus :P

Will be interesting to see what Sanctum relics we can build into flicker strike builds
Hello guys!
What about defense in Flickers builds? Are you use some defense auras or what? Just trying budget version with Oro’s and i dies a lot.
How you improve your defense?
(Sry for my eng and thank a lot for help!)
"
Hollyphantom a écrit :

I'm probably still not understanding what youre saying. Where is the double dmg coming from?

I don't know very much about the Impale mechanic, but I'm also trying to picture these context:

Considering a pinnacle boss fight, it will certainly survive more than a few hits.
Impale can store up to 20% of each hit (with 100% increased effect), regardless of the attack speed or damage input. Considering the maximum 5 stacks (that lasts 8 seconds), this would be a source of another 100% damage, right?

The main concern to me is that using Impale, we might point this build more to the Crit directionto boost this stored damage even further. By doing this, we could get the Overwhelm ascendancy point and a few other points in the tree, taking advantage of the spell suppresion chance, for example.
Dernière édition par carrlossss, le 6 déc. 2022 11:23:14
"
Lupito3228 a écrit :
Hello guys!
What about defense in Flickers builds? Are you use some defense auras or what? Just trying budget version with Oro’s and i dies a lot.

In this guide Hollyphantom wrote:

"
Hollyphantom a écrit :

Mana reservation
These gems are quite flexible. Res and Ele ailment immune from purity is nice. Accuracy is nice, especially after taking Precise Technique. But you could also consider using determination, grace, arctic armour, vitality, or herald of ash. Arctic armour might be quite good in endgame since it protects you during Vaal Flicker.

These suggested changes are very welcome. You can mix what kind of aura you're more confortable with. Personally I think that with that much life leech, Determination, Arctic Armour can be quite a good defensive layer, united with the Life Pool, Spell Suppression from the tree and items (should definitely be maxed on 100%) and eventually some evasion source, like Helmet, Boots and Gloves to add more spell suppression chance on the tree. All of this should work really well with Steelskin and Enduring Cry. Don't forget that you can flick using a shield too, which would greatly boost your general defenses!

The only thing that I would think to add is something like petrified blood. I don't know if that would be possible, but should be way easier to take damage when it's converted to dot.
Dernière édition par carrlossss, le 6 déc. 2022 11:19:16
"
Lupito3228 a écrit :
Hello guys!

did u see my endgame oro flicker section?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires