[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

"
Clypeus3 a écrit :
Very good guide, do you have paypal? i put so much effort in it i want to give you something back, even if its 1 $ if 100 of us donate i'm sure we would make you happy

also why did u craft the -1 mininum frenzy charges and power charges in the rings and amulets? you could remove them and add blood rage for the frenzy charges

Thats very kind of you but i'm already satisfied when people like the guide an it helps them :)

There are two reasons for crafting the Frenzy and Power Charges:

1. It gives reliable extra DPS on bosses without adds - where we need it the most
2. Rings and Amulets with 4-5 Damage stats (without crafts like frenzy and power charges) are extremely rare. And when they are available, they usually cost 50-150ex

"
dragonpowi a écrit :
i feel like the price of t3 sword are more than 50c-1ex. maybe its just because not that much people play synthesis or flashback but in synthesis the cheapest 350+ Pdps is 5ex and flashback is 10ex. (only checking online people so like i said maybe its just because people are not playing anymore at this point lol)

Currently yes. The state of the market is almost dead. I've wrote something about it at the end of the guide:
"
Note:
- I write this guide mainly in preparation of 3.7. The prices i've set/assumed are mid league orientated. Especially the more expensive Items are in this state of league a lot harder to get. So, take the shown prices only as a clue and decide for yourself if you are willing to spend more on items in a later stage of the league.

But as you mention it, i will put it on top when i restructure the guide. Because it's an important information.

"
very nice guide bro , i'm gonna use this in 3.7

and i'm glad to see my weapon i sold you in T0 gear

small world ;-)
Dernière édition par Rake7, le 26 mai 2019 20:29:34
"
an1drag0n a écrit :
Huge respect for this guide, I didn't even know it was possible for some of these higher tier items to exist! I have a feeling any fractured items i.e. the boots with onslaught/42% ms will be nigh impossible to get in 3.7, and of course prices early on in the league will be at least 2x the prices you've got here. Not to mention 3.7 will be saturated with melee builds; these items will be in high demand, much more so than they were in Synthesis, which was caster-oriented. So really, prices will likely be 3x as more expensive as written here. Even Ahn's might/Scaeva will be 4-5c early on, if I had to guess.

However, this is still a really nice resource for determining the next best upgrade for any melee character, as a lot of the higher tier items will be BiS for many different melee-based builds.

I plan on going melee so I'll have this guide bookmarked.

Yes, Onslaught Boots won't be available in 3.7. Bottled Faith neither unfortunally, as Bex stated on Reddit. But i will wait with cutting these out till we got the 3.7 patchnotes.

Regarding the prices, we will see how much the impact will be on some items. I think even with the "melee" theme of 3.7, there will still be more casters than melees around.

The next thing is, a bigger melee player base also means more crafters will be around for Body Armours, Swords, Belts and Abyss Jewels. So i wouldn't be surprised if the prices roughly keep the same.

What i'm a little bit concerned about is - Rings and Amulets. Good Rings and Amulets are always not that easy to get. So, the T5-T2 Versions could be harder to get (or be more expensiv). If that happens, we just have to be satisfied with a little bit worse ones. Till we can craft/afford the T1-T0 ones. Thats always possible for roughly the same price.

And yes, this Build can for eg be used for Consecrated Path with just switching Multistrike for Ruthless.
I even tried Frost Blades with it and it worked great (needed two Fight for Survival and switching Conc Effekt for Ruthless)

Just be carefull when using the Jewel searches for anything which isn't a fire based melee skill like Tectonic or Consecrated Path. In this cases replace the fire multipliers with for eg cold multipliers when you are looking for frost blades jewels.
Dernière édition par Rake7, le 26 mai 2019 21:09:25
Do you consider of making a champion version too? Dont know if Juggernaut is the to-go ascendancy, but my friend is telling me that champion is better for some reason.
"
deimudda69 a écrit :
Do you consider of making a champion version too? Dont know if Juggernaut is the to-go ascendancy, but my friend is telling me that champion is better for some reason.

https://pastebin.com/wUs8NVpc

It's exactly the same tree. I wouldn't know what i should have to change.

I personally just like the posibility to get full use out of the Tectonic Slam Ability (consuming Endurance Charges). It would feel bad for me to completly miss this, but it is ofc totally possible to play it as Champion.

Without Adrenaline your DPS would be 6.6 Million. With it, 8 million. But in this cases you would miss Fortify and what you get from it quite often (expect you concentrate on using your movement skill in a way to keep it up).

But, i have to admit, even when PoB shows lower Damage for Champion, the 8.7 million on Juggernaut isn't the "real" DPS you get. PoB calculates as you would get Charged Slams 100% of the time. In fact you will only get them in 55% of the time (with helmet enchant). And only when you have Endurance Charges at this time.

So, feel free to use Champion. They should both be pretty similar.

I will look deeper into it as soon as we know possible Ascendancy changes. But the tree will probably always be the same for Marauder and Duelis Ascendancys.
Dernière édition par Rake7, le 27 mai 2019 14:07:14
Like Juggernaut better for myself, was just asking because im a random leecher who doesnt have the insight a guide builder like you has.

Maybe its a Rage Berserker in the end with the rework, lulz.
Dernière édition par deimudda69, le 27 mai 2019 13:49:11
What do you think of the new Chieftan ascendancy for tectonic slam? Looks super juicy to me, but to be honest I haven't played Tectonic Slam yet.

https://pastebin.com/f5wwAcPV

Using your 25ex items with a few modifications (hits can't be evaded, watcher's eye) & a substitute flask for the new keystone changes, I'm hitting 8.4m during perfect conditions i.e. expended 5 end charges recently, currently have 4s buff. Number is inflated a bit by the 10% fire pen from keystone which will be gone, may have missed something as well.
Dernière édition par an1drag0n, le 29 mai 2019 03:53:21
"
an1drag0n a écrit :
What do you think of the new Chieftan ascendancy for tectonic slam? Looks super juicy to me, but to be honest I haven't played Tectonic Slam yet.

https://pastebin.com/f5wwAcPV

Using your 25ex items with a few modifications (hits can't be evaded, watcher's eye) & a substitute flask for the new keystone changes, I'm hitting 8.4m during perfect conditions i.e. expended 5 end charges recently, currently have 4s buff. Number is inflated a bit by the 10% fire pen from keystone which will be gone, may have missed something as well.

Yeah, currently the new Chieftain looks extremely good. The endurance Charge generation alone is so much more reliable than on Juggernaut currently. The other Chieftain Nodes all are pretty strong too.

Unfortunally, to get full use out of the endurance Charge Generation we would have to skip Multistrike.

With Multistrike, we would get one enduranc charge every ninth Attack roughly (35% chance every 3 hits with Multistrike). And the Endurance Charge would only get used for 1 Attack (1/3 of a full Multistrike Attack). So we would get 6% more Damage out of the Endurance Charge generation. Except we can get more endurance charges out of other sources like Molten Shell.

Without Multistrike, each third hit would be 60% more damage. So 20% more damage per hit roughly.

But, that's a luxury "problem" that has Juggernaut too. Even worse currently.

Btw. i saw the flask you've made to simulate the new Chieftain. Is there a list available where you can look how to write stats so it's "unterstood" from PoB?
Dernière édition par Rake7, le 29 mai 2019 09:47:42
"

Yeah, currently the new Chieftain looks extremely good. The endurance Charge generation alone is so much more reliable than on Juggernaut currently. The other Chieftain Nodes all are pretty strong too.

Unfortunally, to get full use out of the endurance Charge Generation we would have to skip Multistrike.

With Multistrike, we would get one enduranc charge every ninth Attack roughly (35% chance every 3 hits with Multistrike). And the Endurance Charge would only get used for 1 Attack (1/3 of a full Multistrike Attack). So we would get 6% more Damage out of the Endurance Charge generation. Except we can get more endurance charges out of other sources like Molten Shell.

Without Multistrike, each third hit would be 60% more damage. So 20% more damage per hit roughly.

But, that's a luxury "problem" that has Juggernaut too. Even worse currently.

Btw. i saw the flask you've made to simulate the new Chieftain. Is there a list available where you can look how to write stats so it's "unterstood" from PoB?

Interesting point on the multistrike, would you do faster attacks instead then? Because I think it is important to have Tectonic Slam attack as fast as possible, for leech reasons/end charge gen reasons etc, though dps would be lower than say combustion/ele focus.

There isn't much work in making PoB understand stats, you can pretty much copy paste how it's worded in the ascendancy and, if there's any precedence for the stat, it'll work. Just craft an item (flask/jewel/gear, I did flask but if any items/tree has flask effect then it'll inflate numbers), and add what the ascendancy essentially does, of course with limitations as pob wouldn't understand the more complicated mechanics such as more dmg on endurance charge loss, and gain x dmg for x amount of seconds.
"
an1drag0n a écrit :

There isn't much work in making PoB understand stats, you can pretty much copy paste how it's worded in the ascendancy and, if there's any precedence for the stat, it'll work.

Alright. That was what i was doing already with stats on items. But didn't had in mind to use the Ascendancy wording too.

"
an1drag0n a écrit :

Interesting point on the multistrike, would you do faster attacks instead then? Because I think it is important to have Tectonic Slam attack as fast as possible, for leech reasons/end charge gen reasons etc, though dps would be lower than say combustion/ele focus.

I don't think that we would get any use out of Faster Attacks. Without Multistrike we have a chance of 35% to spend Charges and as Chieftain a 35% chance to gain one. So, no matter how fast or slow we attack, it will always equal out.

If we want to cut Multistrike, the only reasonable solution could be the new sword gem if it's strong enough.

Because if we switch out Multistrike for Added Fire Damage (-12% dps), Increased critical strike damage (-13,5% dps) or Faster Attacks (-15,1%), we can just keep Multistrike. Switching out Multistrike to get 14% more damage from the endurance charge generation only makes sense if we don't lose damage by switching to a weaker gem.
"

I don't think that we would get any use out of Faster Attacks. Without Multistrike we have a chance of 35% to spend Charges and as Chieftain a 35% chance to gain one. So, no matter how fast or slow we attack, it will always equal out.

If we want to cut Multistrike, the only reasonable solution could be the new sword gem if it's strong enough.

Because if we switch out Multistrike for Added Fire Damage (-12% dps), Increased critical strike damage (-13,5% dps) or Faster Attacks (-15,1%), we can just keep Multistrike. Switching out Multistrike to get 14% more damage from the endurance charge generation only makes sense if we don't lose damage by switching to a weaker gem.

Ahh I see, yeah it'll be interesting to see if the new sword support gem will be really good for this build or not. I was leaning cyclone to start the league, but I'm really tempted to start this build as Chieftan. The way you've laid out the progression just makes it so easy to set gear goals.

It's been a few leagues since I've done a melee character, so I was out of the loop on the elder/betrayal gear possibilities. Again, thanks for this awesome guide, and being so responsive!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires