[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

"
Knuet a écrit :
Hi,

first thanks to the build. Have been looking for a tanky build that deals good with bosses, incursion and delve.
This seems to be the proper build for that.

One question:
I have some mana problems when I use the vortex too much.
Did I miss any mana leech nodes or gear requirement with leech?
I already took your advice of reducing reserved mana by 4%, but that is not much ;)

Mana is tight with the build and doesn't allow you to go spamming vortex, it doesn't stack on top of itself so no point casting it multiple times on a single monster the trick to learn is to phase run or flame dash into the middle of a pack and pop vortex right in the middle.

It helps a lot grabbing some %mana regeneration rate on jewels (you can get some reasonably priced ones with damage over time, +energy shield, mana regen and either str/dex or resist depending on your needs or on gear.

Had a look at your gear and unfortunately your sceptre has +cold damage to spells which really hurts the damage you are doing by quite a lot and therefore needing you to cast more frequenting. In case you're not aware we use the 2 lightning gems (storm brand and orb of storms) in the sceptre for Elemental Equilibrium to reduce their resists to cold by 50%.

However, by having +cold damage to spells those lightning gems are doing both lightning and cold damage therefore Elemental Equilibrium is granting the monster +25% resists to cold instead of reducing it by 50%. That's a 75% difference in total, if you can imagine how much damage you took having 0% resist instead of 75% then you get the idea how much damage you're losing.

"
gingermanx a écrit :
I bought the shaper temp chain amulet but i see in gem links you dont use temp chain, but you urself use it? can you clear things up for me?

The OP has gone for a tankier version of the build, dropping some damage nodes in favour of grabbing dual curses to run enfeeble + temp chains probably because he has Atziri's Reflection and can make use of it.

I think it's overkill to be honest unless you are playing hardcore as we're already pretty tanky without temp chains too. In my view better to keep the damage nodes and use aspect of the spider which does similar to temp chains but also buffs our damage too.
Tks for the build guide. This build is awesome. But i have one serious problem. My mana pool is really low if i use aspect of the spider or 2 nd curse. I have to spend 3 skill point on mana reservation atm to make this build " playable " and i will probably take the last node for a bigger mana pool because even with 2 mana reservation node, the mana regen is no where near enough to make "my build" run smoothly. Idk if anyone have the same problem like me. If so, any advice would be appreciated. I'm thinking of buying enlighten lv 4 but idk if it's worth. My pro5 is open so feel free to take a look. The character name is soulWRECKpoggers.
"
huyakf1997 a écrit :
Tks for the build guide. This build is awesome. But i have one serious problem. My mana pool is really low if i use aspect of the spider or 2 nd curse. I have to spend 3 skill point on mana reservation atm to make this build " playable " and i will probably take the last node for a bigger mana pool because even with 2 mana reservation node, the mana regen is no where near enough to make "my build" run smoothly. Idk if anyone have the same problem like me. If so, any advice would be appreciated. I'm thinking of buying enlighten lv 4 but idk if it's worth. My pro5 is open so feel free to take a look. The character name is soulWRECKpoggers.

Look for a shaper shield and run blasphemy/curse/disc in it.
"
huyakf1997 a écrit :

I had the same issue as you. I changed the tree a little to get the 3 nodes, I think, of reduced mana reserved. Now I run aspect and one curse without any issue. I have like 144 of mana so it wa way enough to cast two or three vortex
Dernière édition par Sorytis16, le 12 janv. 2019 07:57:43
"
stormyknight a écrit :
"
huyakf1997 a écrit :

Wow that's a really good solution you have right there. My mana go from 153 to 171 by doing that. It's not that much but still worth noticing. My ES is already high enough so i won't mind changing the shield with less ES. Thank you very much bro xD
"
huyakf1997 a écrit :
"
stormyknight a écrit :
"
huyakf1997 a écrit :

Wow that's a really good solution you have right there. My mana go from 153 to 171 by doing that. It's not that much but still worth noticing. My ES is already high enough so i won't mind changing the shield with less ES. Thank you very much bro xD

I mean 153 mana is enough to cast vortex. You can add a mana flask of you feel you need one. But really I run with 155 and I feel confortable.
"
CipherNox a écrit :
"
gingermanx a écrit :
I bought the shaper temp chain amulet but i see in gem links you dont use temp chain, but you urself use it? can you clear things up for me?

The OP has gone for a tankier version of the build, dropping some damage nodes in favour of grabbing dual curses to run enfeeble + temp chains probably because he has Atziri's Reflection and can make use of it.

I think it's overkill to be honest unless you are playing hardcore as we're already pretty tanky without temp chains too. In my view better to keep the damage nodes and use aspect of the spider which does similar to temp chains but also buffs our damage too.

Honestly, the reason I am using the reflection is simply because I have it (I bought it for another character), and not having to worry about curses at all is a huge boost for minimal ES loss.

Temp Chains + Enfeeble is almost a REQUIREMENT for delving deeper than delve 600. The reduced action and movement speed temp chains gives you allows you to NEVER be hit, and everything takes FOREVER to move or even singular attack.

Minotaur yellow corrupted barely gets 3 basic attacks on me before he is dead if i stand in the same spot because his action time is so slowed. For deep delves and end game shit, sometimes its super nice to just never ever be hit at all ;)
I'm sorry for the noob question but how do you chill high hp targets such as shaper with this build?

According to https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chill it would take a hit of 66000 cold damage to chill shaper. When I import the build in pob the cold snap hit is 25738 against an unchilled shaper (vortex has ele focus so it can't apply chill). Once the initial chill is applied hypothermia should be help us keep it there but for the initial hit doesn't it mean we would have to have almost 160% increase effect of chill to apply the initial minimum chill to him even with all other buffs up. That seems...a lot.

What am I missing?
I've been following this build and it's great, I have just one question regarding the amulet slot, I've been using Victario's Acuity since lvl 16 and it seems great, my resists are capped so i dont need more on this slot and the extra dex helps with gem leveling, and the 6 free charges seems to be adding a lot of damage.

I realize that i should not be using a lvl 16 item at lvl 80 but what am i missing? What make this amulet not good?

Thanks in advance :)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires