[3.11] STEEL EMBRACE Pure physical [Shattering Steel Champion] Budget Friendly

"
ksar19101988 a écrit :
"
If youre interested I made an experimental updated version that I was going to play this league but have really been turned off this league

https://pastebin.com/dsPN3NbK

Does this build actually work? And why in this build "Thread of Hope" ?

I played it for a while until fizzling out with the league

It was working so far it felt pretty tanky even without a few key pieces

thread of hope is to grab glancing blows without pathing to it

on top of instant leech from thiefs torment I very rarely died when I was playing
Do you believe this build will work well as a league starter for 3.12?
"
aiviator a écrit :
Do you believe this build will work well as a league starter for 3.12?

No idea! They havnt released the gems yet and they totally reworked shattering steel

I think the still clear better than it used to but less single target

Splitting steel looks the best though but im guessing all the steel skills would be drag and drop interchangeable
just read the patch notes and overall the new splitting steel skill caught my attention, no numbers shown yet but do you think it will work almost the same as this build of yours skill tree and gear wise?
Probably since it's a pretty generic projectile physical crit tree though bel timbers are probably not as good anymore since shotgunning has been removed from the skill
Regarding Shattering Steel's description: "Projectile distance is now more reliably modified by projectile speed" and "Projectiles now deal up to 100% more damage at close range, based on the distance they travel, per Steel Shard consumed". Assuming damage is exclusively based on your projectile damage, while the cone size is scaled by AoE.

With a base radius of 28, 20% reduced projectile speed on tree, and Slower Projectiles Support you can now achieve a radius of 15 (14 with Vicious Projectiles but whatevs), which will give 24% MORE damage with Point Blank (makes slower projectiles a 60% damage multiplier gem overall). With 5 base projectiles + Dying Sun you can expect your projectile to hit 3 cone hits (AoE only matters for clear).

If this damage scales the same as Point Blank you will get 160% more damage from consumed shards? 4 * 127 * 2.6 = 1320% weapon damage per attack for 3 attacks? On a gem with flat added damage. The only concern is generating more steel charges fast enough.

Am I completely wrong? That sounds like it could be pretty bonkers.
Been using this build as a league starter, having an absolute blast so far. I'm getting into yellow maps and have no trouble smashing everything on the way.
Single target feels a bit lackluster but that was to be expected, and is still very manageable with the defenses the build has. Also not the best build for legion but eh.

I'm just not sure heamophilia is worth losing gloves defences anymore given the amount of aoe shattering steel has now, with potetially 7 projectiles using the 2 unique swords.

Thanks for making this guide!
I still dont understand if having more projectiles is a single target dps gain or not. If so, why?

Also you say there is a gem in the bottom left, that increases dmg per projectile but i cant find said gem. Which is it?
I have been doing something similar to this, but I got Master of Metal first for the damage increase.

Also stacking Bleed, using Call of Steel, Lord of Steel jewel and The Impaler.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GigaClon/characters

If you want to look the characters name is "OurManBashir" (DS9 Reference)
"
Makaree a écrit :
I still dont understand if having more projectiles is a single target dps gain or not. If so, why?

Also you say there is a gem in the bottom left, that increases dmg per projectile but i cant find said gem. Which is it?

I cant remember the source, mightve been on reddit, but I remember a dev stating that multiple projectiles cant hit the same target ; however, multiple explosions can.

What that means is that if there is only one enemy, having multiple projectiles wont increase the damage. But if there are several enemies close together in melee range, the explosions can overlap and deal multiplied damage to each target.

So the ideal situation to exploit multiple proj would be a rare or unique monster surrounded by adds that will detonate the projectiles and have the explosions overlap

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires