[3.6] Champion Crit Claw Reave / Double Strike (cheap / SSF)

Do you actually keep the same helm (Abyssus) for top tier bosses?
"
Harest a écrit :
In the current state, i think it's preferable to keep Double Strike in a slot so you charge Vaal Double Strike for the switch on high tier map / endgame bosses. It provides a nice little burst.

To clarify how this work: I put vaal DS in a gem slot (not on weapon switch), it gains souls as I clear, when I go to boss pit I right click DS -> click to swap with reave -> put in other gem slot? And it will keep the souls (allowing me to start the boss fight with Vaal DS)?

Do I lose the souls if I accidentally put the gem into my inventory? Does it not work if DS is on weapon switch?
Dernière édition par lasagnaman, le 17 déc. 2018 02:12:37
What would change if you ´d be more interested in swords(dual wield) than claws?
Dernière édition par Aoílìn, le 17 déc. 2018 07:11:26
"
Superjeauw a écrit :
Do you actually keep the same helm (Abyssus) for top tier bosses?
I don't have the Abyssus atm, and to be fair i don't see any need of it with the damages i already have with my trash stuff. I listed the Abyssus in the top tier uniques because it's the helmet that will give you the most DPS. For what you do with it, it's all upon yourself. If you don't feel like using it on bosses, maybe don't use an Abyssus at all.
"
lasagnaman a écrit :
"
Harest a écrit :
In the current state, i think it's preferable to keep Double Strike in a slot so you charge Vaal Double Strike for the switch on high tier map / endgame bosses. It provides a nice little burst.
To clarify how this work: I put vaal DS in a gem slot (not on weapon switch), it gains souls as I clear, when I go to boss pit I right click DS -> click to swap with reave -> put in other gem slot? And it will keep the souls (allowing me to start the boss fight with Vaal DS)?

Do I lose the souls if I accidentally put the gem into my inventory? Does it not work if DS is on weapon switch?
Yes to the first/second question. And i'm not sure for the third one. For the fourth the answer coming from the wiki is yes, it doesn't work in the second weapons set.
"
Aoílìn a écrit :
What would change if you ´d be more interested in swords(dual wield) than claws?
Claws nodes by Swords nodes, and i think there's no leech in the swords nodes so you'd need to get some (both life and mana) either in the tree or else. Note that claws can be a huge defensive addition with their life on hit implicit*, or instant leech with Bloodseeker.
*E.g.: Double Strike on a boss with 12 atk / s and 40 hp / hit as implicit = 960 hp / s just from this. And it's not in the leech cap at all.
Dernière édition par Harest, le 17 déc. 2018 13:41:35
It could be a really dumb question but, why does vaal reave is only 17% quality? i was aiming to gemscutter's prism it before any other.
"
r4m0m777 a écrit :
It could be a really dumb question but, why does vaal reave is only 17% quality? i was aiming to gemscutter's prism it before any other.
It was an import of my 3.4 character and i forgot to change the gems. So that's why there's a Vaal Reave 20/17, i found it 1/17 in a gems node in Delve. And you can't use a gemcutter's prism on a corrupted gem.
This time i leveled a few Reave to get them 20, then back to lvl 1 with 20% quality, releveled them 20, and i corrupted one a few hours ago to get it as Vaal Reave 20/20.

Normally when i do a build i put all the gem at 20/0. I like to lower expectations as much as possible so it can only be better from there.
Dernière édition par Harest, le 18 déc. 2018 03:46:04
"
Harest a écrit :

"
lasagnaman a écrit :
Yes to the first/second question. And i'm not sure for the third one. For the fourth the answer coming from the wiki is yes, it doesn't work in the second weapons set.

Just for posterity, I tested this out.

- Vaal gems collect souls in a gem socket
- They don't collect souls on weapon switch
- After they collect souls in an instance, they maintain their souls through the following:
*** Socket switch
*** Moving to inventory
*** Dropping on ground
"
lasagnaman a écrit :
... [See above]
Thanks. I added the info regarding the maintain of souls in the wiki.
Just wondering, how come we use Maim/Ruthless/Chance to Bleed over something like Brutality (59% more)?

Does Maim's "take 14% increased physical damage" work like "increased" or "more" (since it's a stat on the enemy)?

Does CtB really add that much damage (maybe through the flat added or the bleed damage itself)?

What about Ruthless, looks like every 3rd hit does like 100% more so isn't that (amortized) ~33% more per hit? Why wouldn't we just use Brutality there?

EDIT: Oh I see, we're running hatred so can't use Brutality.
Dernière édition par lasagnaman, le 18 déc. 2018 15:52:29
"
lasagnaman a écrit :
... [see above]
Yeah you answered most of your questions yourself. And Hatred is a quite important DPS increase.

For Maim's "take 14% increased physical damage", it's a more.

And regarding CtB, or any support gem almost, i believe what Path of Building tells me. If it prioritizes a gem over another one because the DPS you get from it is superior, then it must be true. I also try to avoid as much as possible support gems with conditions, especially if it's not that required. On the main skill at least. That's why we're not using Damage on full life for instance, though we 100% could with Bloodseeker.
Dernière édition par Harest, le 18 déc. 2018 17:03:30

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires