[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

"
misanuff a écrit :
I want to thank again for the build, I have finally found something I like playing in PoE. I feel a bit overwhelmed from the amount of possible build variations. When I filter on Poe.ninja, people use Calamity, Kaoms Heart with minion helm, Lioneyes, rare armor etc. Different variations with 0-2 Circle of Nostalgia open up ways what auras to use. Three different shields. Etc. I have probably settled on my own build for now, as I want to just run maps up to T15 (which I can do fine already), Delve 250+ (fine already). I will try to link Belly of the Beast, will buy Red Nightmare, corrupted Anvil, new claw, the rest should stay the same, BUT - how big of a difference is helm enchant "Crawler fires 2 additional projectiles"? When I switch all that I wrote I could get a helm with that. As my goal is just maps and Delve, this enchant seems it will provide more trash clear. Thank you.

Yes this enchant provide some trash clear, but also some more burst against boss since mortal damage can overlap.
I am not the OP here, so take my opinion with caution :
- these damages are somewhat unreliable (mortar overlap vs boss) or kind of barely useful (trash pack are oneshot already) added projectile are useful only on very large pack at close range (the spread is very large)
- you would gain way more damages and so cleaning speed by using a Calamity a Lioneye, or if you are rich, a SotL or a rare crafted chest with multiple +gem level instead of a BotB (the belly will give you +7% hp (vs a lioneye) for the lost of around 20%, (depending what other piece you compare to) total damages). Said otherwise Belly of the Beast comes with a 20% LESS damage with our build.
- in poe.ninja beware to not watch for ranged HoA, with a bow they can skip the armor piece and get a KAOM more easily.
In the guide, OP said you can use a helmet instead, but he also said it would be a damage loss vs 6linked Calamity.

few post ago, I linked my own variation of his build. But before getting those 2 unique rings and a Lioneye 6L I used a Calamity exactly like the build.
"
Yes this enchant provide some trash clear, but also some more burst against boss since mortal damage can overlap.
I am not the OP here, so take my opinion with caution :
- these damages are somewhat unreliable (mortar overlap vs boss) or kind of barely useful (trash pack are oneshot already) added projectile are useful only on very large pack at close range (the spread is very large)
- you would gain way more damages and so cleaning speed by using a Calamity a Lioneye, or if you are rich, a SotL or a rare crafted chest with multiple +gem level instead of a BotB (the belly will give you +7% hp (vs a lioneye) for the lost of around 20%, (depending what other piece you compare to) total damages). Said otherwise Belly of the Beast comes with a 20% LESS damage with our build.
- in poe.ninja beware to not watch for ranged HoA, with a bow they can skip the armor piece and get a KAOM more easily.
In the guide, OP said you can use a helmet instead, but he also said it would be a damage loss vs 6linked Calamity.

few post ago, I linked my own variation of his build. But before getting those 2 unique rings and a Lioneye 6L I used a Calamity exactly like the build.

Thank you for the answer! I have filtered Poe.ninja for Gladiators, for HoAg, for Delve solo. Majority of top players (in Delve) use Kaoms Heart. But all except one are around 9k HP, which I will have too with BotB, but I will have easier time with resists and gems.
Thanks for pointing out the 20% dmg loss. Im nearing Delve 300 and still dont lack damage, so I wasnt thinking about it as a big problem. Hmm, back to the drawing board I guess :) EDIT: they are in Delve 600-900 with just HoAg in helm, meaning same dmg as me - +3 gem lvls, lvl 16 minion dmg and 4 gem slots. Damage doesnt seem to be the limiting factor there.
Dernière édition par misanuff, le 8 avr. 2019 06:40:39
can tank everything so far up to t16, but problem on life leech, the goddess from lab in palace map, she drain my hp even if I hit her with both rings and weapon life on hits, and even blind heal 40 life on hit extra, if I try charge away to hide from her life drain, I die instaly once I stop attacking her with cyclone, due to no more life on hit.
"
BaKouneT a écrit :
"
NoizyTribe a écrit :
How important is getting close to cap of 82/82 or 83/83 block? 4% vs 5% corruption on The Anvil? Currently, using Victario's Charity shield would lower my block before tempest/passive/corrupted anvil to 69%, currently looking to get block chance somewhere to patch up the loss of 6% block from lioneye

If you use POB number beware because POB doesn't calculate Red Nightmare block gain (13% in the marauder jewel spot).
To make up for the lioneyes block loss, you need block corruption and block on elder gloves.
With a 5% corruption and 5% on glove you go up to 82% block.

To get the final percent you need a +1% maximum block chance corruption on shield and a jewel with +1% block.

To be maxed before violent retaliation is not mandatory (nothing is) but still recommended against boss.
To proc this buff you have to be damaged. And so next hit from boss will have 17 or 18% chance to be blocked (since you are now maxed). It is 17 or 18% chance to take a double hit from a boss. If the boss hit hard, 2 hits can mean death or panic situation.

but if you are maxed already, you have just 17%*17% (2.89%) chance to take those two hit in a row.

I'm kind of twisting math here to explain you it is better to be maxed since the start. The real calculation of taking two hit in a raw without being maxed is not 17% but 17%*25% (4.25%) chance.
So it is 150% more chance to be in a panic situation (or dead) than if you are maxed without that passive.

That's how being maxed is important.

Actually that was in game stats, I have the red nightmare equipped. Guess I'll forgo using victaro shield for lioneye/surrender instead. Right now I can't find any glove on sale that has more then 2-3% block. And as for crafting the glove, not sure how to do it...
This is probably a newbie question. But i cant figure out what the use is for convocation if it cant be trigged by cast on damage taken.

Sorry for asking this question. But what benefit does it give?
"
BaKouneT a écrit :

If you use POB number beware because POB doesn't calculate Red Nightmare block gain (13% in the marauder jewel spot).

The issue with the Red Nightmare not providing block seems only to apply when you import a character. If you add the jewel in PoB you should get the block it provides.

"
Twisting a écrit :
This is probably a newbie question. But i cant figure out what the use is for convocation if it cant be trigged by cast on damage taken.

Sorry for asking this question. But what benefit does it give?

It is on a higher level than your CwDT for just that reason. It is a situational spell that will help you get your crawler around corners, through doors, or to get inside a proximity shield. In those cases you need to be able to manually cast it in order to teleport the crawler to your location.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
NoizyTribe a écrit :

Actually that was in game stats, I have the red nightmare equipped. Guess I'll forgo using victaro shield for lioneye/surrender instead. Right now I can't find any glove on sale that has more then 2-3% block. And as for crafting the glove, not sure how to do it...

You can easily have 100% uptime on Tempest Shield, so I always include those 3% block to my base block.

I haven't tried crafting one of those gloves myself, yet to begin you'd need a pair of elder gloves with ilvl 80+.

If you don't need the additional socketed gems suffixes, then you can try to alt/aug/regal craft a pair of block gloves.

As for fossil crafting. I couldn't easily find a good combination of fossils that benefits the desired mods so I'd probably just go for Aberrant or Corroded fossils (which ever is cheapest) and see if I could manage to luck a pair of block gloves with at least 1 desired socketed gems suffix. You can take a look at https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Gloves&an=str_dex_armour and see if you can find any better combinations that block out the mods we don't want, and leave the ones we want.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
im making my own without a guide.. just because i want to try out the block nodes in the tree. ad i keep finding shields . and i plan on making a Hoag character for almost all the ascendancies
Don't see any posts about he Hoag Ring, and wont be searching for it in the comments.
I'll be collecting currency to get a second ring to see if they stack.. probably wont since that would be op.
I also went towards the shadow and ranger area for Evasion and life. also why doesn't anyone use sanctuary and command of steel.im also going towards deflection. and skipping over defiance and the Red dream,since i wont be buying a jewel like that
if your budget allows it, i would recommend running a Shaper Shield with
-5% of max life recovered on block
and
- up to 50% chance to shock enemies on block

the last mod can give a real nice dps boost on bosses at a rather low cost

was running this a long time and while it added plenty of life plus life regen AND 35% block chance,
i am going to craft the prefixes on this one after league ends

on a rare shaper shield we loose the +1 maxblock corruption, which is really nice, but you cannot have it all (well, you can, but it comes at a price)
Dernière édition par DrDurdle, le 16 avr. 2019 17:25:20

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires