[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
moonbeast495 a écrit :
still 2 questions.
1) how do we abuse arakali recovery buff now?
2)how good is transcendent flesh jewel?

Can't abuse Arakaali anymore I don't think. Also you dont really want to be getting smacked by bosses. Ideally you dodge as much damage as you can with positioning, and 5 nodes really isn't worth getting 3 endurance charges. Transcendent flesh is pretty damn good I think. Not sure where it should be on gearing priorities though
"
moonbeast495 a écrit :

1) u need over 15k armor for molten shell to outshine steel skin. for cwdt u need charges. some automatisation for this brings you comfort.
3) this crit and mult is a HUGE bonus. so definitely worthy.
4) it costs 5 points. you can drop fortify wheel for this.
5) if u go this ring, your second diamond must be shaped+it must have int, phys,hp,res and minus mana. that will cost a lot.
6) just a good ammy. dunno properly what do i want as upgrade.

1. You need 11k, not 15k (20% of 1100 = 2200), though keep in mind that max absorb isn't the only factor; Molten Shell also deals damage and lasts longer (which makes it easier to time/longer cover period with CWDT, which means a greater chance of actually absorbing the total amount of damage, which Steel Skin frequently does not). Molten Shell also has a better uptime at 3 up/4 down giving a 43% uptime vs Steelskin's 1.5 up/3 down = 33% uptime.

I don't know what CWDT has to do with charges or charges have to do with Molten Shell.

3. I don't know why you're arguing this - I agreed with you, Disemboweling should be taken, and was in the main tree (though Devon may have changed it, he's been experimenting).

4. 5 points is a lot for what you're getting, which is exactly what "a lot of points" and "out of the way" means. It's not a bad node, but you should be dropping damage for it, not defense - Fortify nodes are way better.

The main problem again is that you get a lot of charges while clearing trash that you don't really need the charges for, but have a hard time maintaining charges on lone bosses, and if you need charges to defeat those bosses you're probably screwed to begin with. As much as I like the passive nature of the node, it's just got too many things working against it to be a strong pick.

5. I know how the ring interaction works, like I said, it's just not that amazing, considering the other stuff you can get on rings. The slam is completely unnecessary given Cyclone's ridiculous AoE clear speed already, the life can be gotten elsewhere, and the damage isn't really needed (and it's easy to get damage anyway). It's not a bad idea if you have the correct other ring to support it, it's just not an amazing one either - this build needs to gear for survivability far more than it needs to gear for damage.

6. It is good, just not great (mainly because leech falls off without overleech, which Slayer doesn't typically take anymore). Daresso's Salute is also good, but the best amulet for damage is Impresence for free max level Vulnerability (though you can forgo that with corrupted Vuln on Hit gloves or the ring mod, both at lower levels).

"
Talcx a écrit :

I'm wondering if Belly is worth going for, or if daresso's/well crafted chest piece would be better than it.

A well crafted chest will be far better. Belly used to be a strong mid-late tier chest, but it's dated at this point - ~700 armor is low, 36 total res is subpar, and although 30% life can be strong, chests easily roll over 100 raw life now.

It's a fine chest if you happen to get one, or find it cheap, but I certainly wouldn't spend 30c on it.

Side note: if you need resists, either take Diamond Skin instead of the Butchery cluster (actually saves 1 point, though drops some damage), or put 2 points into Cloth and Chain for an easy +15-23 all rez (or hell, do both for +38 total!) - you can always respec out later.
Great guide, I got one question: I'm using a 5L Terminus Est right now but I also got a Kondo's. Do you think 6 linking it is worth the effort or shall I skip it and run Terminus Est until I get a Starforge?

SSFBTW so yeah, 6 linking something is gonna be hard...
you do know Charging offensive is 20% to gain charges WHEN u get hit while channeling right?
Hey man, really enjoying the build so far, thanks alot for the work!

What do you guys think about the new rage support gem? Its really hard to estimate the benefits, as PoB doesn't have the option for rage stacks (or does it?) Do you think it might be worth it?

Also, does anyone know if the defensive part of infused channeling works?

greets

edit:

another question: Do you guys know how the decreased curse effectiveness works with punishment, as it applies a buff to yourself rather than debuff the enemies? I'm running it now on CWDT because i dont have imprescence yet
Dernière édition par m0rd3cha1, le 12 juin 2019 06:54:29
"
fariseo a écrit :
Great guide, I got one question: I'm using a 5L Terminus Est right now but I also got a Kondo's. Do you think 6 linking it is worth the effort or shall I skip it and run Terminus Est until I get a Starforge?

SSFBTW so yeah, 6 linking something is gonna be hard...

I wouldn't bother, but it depends on you. Do you think you need that damage, and do you think you have a reasonable chance to actually accomplish it with the currency on hand?

"
m0rd3cha1 a écrit :
Hey man, really enjoying the build so far, thanks alot for the work!

What do you guys think about the new rage support gem? Its really hard to estimate the benefits, as PoB doesn't have the option for rage stacks (or does it?) Do you think it might be worth it?

Also, does anyone know if the defensive part of infused channeling works?

greets

It does: Configuration -> When in Combat -> Rage stacks (will only show up if you have a rage effect active, such as a relevant gem or passive).

Even assuming max stacks, Rage is worse than other raw damage supports (realistically more so, because you won't always have max stacks), so it's not worth using unless you're also planning to use Berserk for things like Legion encounters and bosses. Trading throughput for burst is a viable strategy, and if you want to go that route, you'd probably replace Melee Phys. The choice is yours really, just make sure you have enough skill slots and unreserved mana/blood magic to actually use it.

Infused Channeling is still listed as a known issue, but only cites damage. They did fix the Shaper too many actions issue though.

"
m0rd3cha1 a écrit :
another question: Do you guys know how the decreased curse effectiveness works with punishment, as it applies a buff to yourself rather than debuff the enemies? I'm running it now on CWDT because i dont have imprescence yet

It is reduced.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5oju5x/mechanics_the_player_buff_granted_by_punishment/
Dernière édition par Archimtiros, le 12 juin 2019 07:11:49
I have kind of related question to the build. I am a new player and I see that your enlighten gem is +20% quality so it has 100% increased exp. How did you get your gem to 20% quality? Did you use 20 gemcutter's prisms on it or is there another way? I know that you can trade a level 20 gem with 1 gemcutter's prism to get 20% quality but the enlighten gem only goes up to level 3 right? So is using 20 gemcutters the only way?
how do you guys manage to get armour im at 5k with all items giving armour. I don't have % armour on every piece but still reaching 10-15 k seems imposible.
"
Calvinvng a écrit :
I have kind of related question to the build. I am a new player and I see that your enlighten gem is +20% quality so it has 100% increased exp. How did you get your gem to 20% quality? Did you use 20 gemcutter's prisms on it or is there another way? I know that you can trade a level 20 gem with 1 gemcutter's prism to get 20% quality but the enlighten gem only goes up to level 3 right? So is using 20 gemcutters the only way?

Yeah that recipe doesn't work for empower / enlighten / enhance / detonate / portal gems.. you gotta spend 20 gcp on it.
Kinda totally worth it tho. The difference is tremendous (especially when you're trying to get the 3 E babies to lvl 3 and corrupt them hoping for a lvl 4 and failing miserably).
1)so i guess the author plays in sand stance. so that he doesn't link maim with flesh and stone.
2) if i refuse to play with totem, i guess i should use flesh and stone+pride+dread banner+maim+blood and stone with enlighten?
3) why does he use cwdt(9) + steelskin(14)? when we can use cwdt(20)+blood rage(20)+duration(20)+molten shell(20)?
IGN-Chatillion

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires