[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
Archimtiros a écrit :
"
devon752 a écrit :

We have 20% maim on crit, so Flesh and stone is pretty underwhelming. Regarding auras see my response to "Tadeorbb" on this same page.

There's a misconception here. Maim itself is only a slow, with no increased damage taken, unless specified that maimed enemies take increased damage (such as on the support gem and flesh & stone). So in other words, the node by itself will only inflict a maim that slows enemies, but when you also have an increased damage maim effect somewhere it'll increase your overall chances of maiming something and inflicting that debuff. It's a very strange and misleading combination effect, I know.

Flesh & Stone the aura can also be supported by Maim Support to combine the two effects (so the enemy takes 16% increased + 14% increased = takes 30% increased for 25 * 1.15 = 28.75% mana reservation), making it a fairly efficient use of mana.

"
devon752 a écrit :

Steelskin imo, on cwdt along with the ice golem. Why steelskin? It is a bit weaker but you can't get reflected into oblivion from the molten shell explosions.

This is another misconception. The damage from Molten Shell is reflected damage and reflected damage cannot be reflected a second time. You are completely safe from it.

Oh wow, I've always used maim and never realised this. God I learned more in PoE today then I did in the past 3 months... literally. Good thing I have you guys mauling it over as well :D
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
"
devon752 a écrit :

Oh wow, I've always used maim and never realised this. God I learned more in PoE today then I did in the past 3 months... literally. Good thing I have you guys mauling it over as well :D

To be fair, it's a really wonky interaction, and I don't know why it even exists this way. Also the Flesh & Blood supported by Maim thing is brand new, as we've never had an interaction like that before (where you could stack Maim inc damage together); it doesn't work with Gladiator Maim for example, because the support gem previously only worked with attacks and there's no way to link it to the ascendancy node.

Another thing to point out - you should reconsider using Dread Banner over War Banner, especially if you're going to invest in Impale Support and/or on the tree. While War Banner's Adrenaline is cool and extra increased damage taken is nice, the downside is that you really only get to place it once and then it loses most of its value.

Dread Banner has better synergy with longer ST encounters, because your Impales will stack it back up again, not to mention synergy with the impale nodes themselves, which should result in better damage overall unless you need War Banner just for the accuracy (which after the formula changes, I don't think we should).

End result, War Banner is a better leveling/mapping banner (assuming you're only dropping it on bosses and bursting them down), while Dread Banner is better for throughput and longer boss encounters where the planted effect might wear off before the encounter ends. They're both good, just in slightly different situations.
Dernière édition par Archimtiros, le 6 juin 2019 16:31:23
http://prntscr.com/nykkle Did you forgot to remove this node or not ?
Dernière édition par Flamorand, le 6 juin 2019 16:43:59
"
Archimtiros a écrit :

To be fair, it's a really wonky interaction, and I don't know why it even exists this way. Also the Flesh & Blood supported by Maim thing is brand new, as we've never had an interaction like that before (where you could stack Maim inc damage together); it doesn't work with Gladiator Maim for example, because the support gem previously only worked with attacks and there's no way to link it to the ascendancy node.

Another thing to point out - you should reconsider using Dread Banner over War Banner, especially if you're going to invest in Impale Support and/or on the tree. While War Banner's Adrenaline is cool and extra increased damage taken is nice, the downside is that you really only get to place it once and then it loses most of its value.

Dread Banner has better synergy with longer ST encounters, because your Impales will stack it back up again, not to mention synergy with the impale nodes themselves, which should result in better damage overall unless you need War Banner just for the accuracy (which after the formula changes, I don't think we should).

End result, War Banner is a better leveling/mapping banner (assuming you're only dropping it on bosses and bursting them down), while Dread Banner is better for throughput and longer boss encounters where the planted effect might wear off before the encounter ends. They're both good, just in slightly different situations.

I still wouldn't use the Dread banner, but mostly because I opted out of the impale nodes for survivability.
As for the dread banners Active*, it's practically useless for us even if it's up (if I'm not mistaken). Fortify is permanent and there's plenty of AoE. But you have piqued my interest in Stone and Flesh and stacking it with the maim support. I will probably put Pride + Stone and flesh + Blood and Sand + Enlighten 3 with a separate War Banner inside.

"
Flamorand a écrit :
http://prntscr.com/nykkle Did you forgotten to remove this node or not ?

Nope, we need that one.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Dernière édition par devon752, le 6 juin 2019 16:54:44
"
devon752 a écrit :

I still wouldn't use the Dread banner, but mostly because I opted out of the impale nodes for survivability.
As for the dread banners Active*, it's practically useless for us even if it's up (if I'm not mistaken). Fortify is permanent and there's plenty of AoE. But you have piqued my interest in Stone and Flesh and stacking it with the maim support. I will probably put Pride + Stone and flesh + Blood and Sand + Enlighten 3 with a separate War Banner inside.

"
Flamorand a écrit :
http://prntscr.com/nykkle Did you forgotten to remove this node or not ?

Nope, we need that one.

This build wouldn't need the fortify activation, but up to 100% increased effect of Fortify is nothing to sneer at.

Dread Banner also grants enemies less chance to hit, which is probably more useful than War Banner increasing the player's (unless you're just low on accuracy for some reason).

The increased AoE is for the Banner when placed, and it's on both War and Dread.

Finally, the main benefit is the chance to impale/effectiveness, but if you're choosing not to invest in impale anyway, then I'll grant it's not quite as strong. Really the nice thing about it is just being able to build stages on longer encounters without adds to kill.
"
Archimtiros a écrit :
"
devon752 a écrit :

This build wouldn't need the fortify activation, but up to 100% increased effect of Fortify is nothing to sneer at.

Dread Banner also grants enemies less chance to hit, which is probably more useful than War Banner increasing the player's (unless you're just low on accuracy for some reason).

The increased AoE is for the Banner when placed, and it's on both War and Dread.

Finally, the main benefit is the chance to impale/effectiveness, but if you're choosing not to invest in impale anyway, then I'll grant it's not quite as strong. Really the nice thing about it is just being able to build stages on longer encounters without adds to kill.
"
devon752 a écrit :

Dernière édition par Archimtiros, le 6 juin 2019 17:06:56
oh, so on your new tree, you removed Forceful Skewering ?
hi I noticed that you don't use puddles that remove bleeding
i still don't get how people don't go for the impale nodes + gem its 100% more dmg ...or have people not caught on to that?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires