3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

Hi all, completely new to the forums - I just rolled RF Jugg a week and a half ago to prepare for the 3.7 drop and Legion.

If I'm understanding it correctly, Marauder: Juggernaut is still viable, but there is speculation that Marauder: Chieftain might win out again for damage and survivability, whereas it is considered that Jugg was more tanky and that is debating as to how well that holds true given the passive tree and various reworks.

Am I correct in thereby over-simplifying it to:
Chieftain - MOAR DEEPS vs Jugg - Facetank-drooling

or is it looking like Jugg is taking a backseat to Chieftain?

I've been enjoying Jugg, and it seems like it would hold true that Jugg is still viable, just might not be S-Tier and instead just come in at an A-rating, for example.

Thanks in advance.
"
Golekas a écrit :
"
Rothulean a écrit :
"
Golekas a écrit :
No PdH in theory crafting. Do we go chieftain now ? We lose some def stats but gain more dmg ? And TAWHOA ascendancy allows to generate endurance charge using fire skills. Does this means flame dash would generate it ? And would it interfere with EE on skill tree ? How it works ? Or do we invest 4 skill points just to get new small nod below juggernaut cluster that allows us to generate endurance charges when being hit ?

Wait for more official word but imo... Little reason to stay jugg. Chieftain seems better. The passive tree has endurance charge generation now.

Since I havent played chieftain I am most curious about EE interaction. What fire gem could help us to trigger endurance charges and wouldnt it give positive resist to fire dmg on mobs. And about what u said.... U literally said same thing I did. I know there is node that helps generate charges while being hit. But do we take that at 4 skill points or we can add some fire gem to our setup to proc it with ascendancy node. I dont know many gems and how they work so maybe there is simple solution to this that I am not aware off

https://i.imgur.com/SMDniRZ.png
https://i.imgur.com/Y7XE2IA.png

No issues with endurance charges. Also we can use enduring cry and scorching ray if needed.
"
Nerenth a écrit :
Hi all, completely new to the forums - I just rolled RF Jugg a week and a half ago to prepare for the 3.7 drop and Legion.

If I'm understanding it correctly, Marauder: Juggernaut is still viable, but there is speculation that Marauder: Chieftain might win out again for damage and survivability, whereas it is considered that Jugg was more tanky and that is debating as to how well that holds true given the passive tree and various reworks.

Am I correct in thereby over-simplifying it to:
Chieftain - MOAR DEEPS vs Jugg - Facetank-drooling

or is it looking like Jugg is taking a backseat to Chieftain?

I've been enjoying Jugg, and it seems like it would hold true that Jugg is still viable, just might not be S-Tier and instead just come in at an A-rating, for example.

Thanks in advance.

The main draw to playing a Jugg was rapid Endurance Charge generation in any circumstance, Unstoppable for Uber Elder, and ease of play (aka very tanky).

Old Chieftain struggled with EC generation in some specifics situations (aka boss fights). But with the 2 new passives that help us generate EC... That problem goes away. Chieftain also has a lot more fire/burn damage and passive life regen. And the new life recovery on Chieftains Tasalio point is just insane.

This is all my opinion. But I think Chieftain has surpassed Jugg just a bit.
I check a bit too guys. With my gear i have 8k+ armour (jugg) 4k+ armour with (Chief)(9 Endurance Charge Up). This is the only downside for me because of delve and physical encounters(like bosses in maps) etc becasue we take lots of physical dmg while explore in dark. Other than that looks good. On the other hand, Chieftain get (depending on my gear) 50k+ dps Rf and scorching ray and +500 hp regen. Only problem armour and physical dmg reduction i guess. Maintaining the ED looks like not issue for my opinion.
Dernière édition par Kamuflaj, le 6 juin 2019 02:59:55
You people theorycraft with a thought that u can have max EC all the time....
I am pretty sure that will not be the case. So unless we can find a way to guarantee max EC, jugg>>>>>>chieftain.
+ 5% chance on kill is nothing, 10% when hit is also bad. Maybe it will work in mapping but bosses and delve...not so much. And they cost precious point to take.
I can't find the picture atm, but i'm curious to see the new unique jewel that turns % faster start of energy shield recharge, into life.

Will it just be a flat 6% life regen? Interesting.

Edit, found it.

50% less life regeneration rate, 50% less total maximum recovery per second from life leech, Energy shield recharge now applies to life.

reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bruhlu/the_vaal_legion_jewel_can_also_corrupt_keystones/
Dernière édition par dingleberryman, le 6 juin 2019 03:28:42
updated pastebin with chieftain and juggernaut skill trees. you can find em in the "tree" section, at the bottom left

https://pastebin.com/g6Ha0Zaz

also added some notes to the notes section explaining some things

let me know if something's wrong
Dernière édition par rhah, le 6 juin 2019 05:20:38
did you add the notes in the OP here? Or are there notes in path of building?
"
partyonacid a écrit :
did you add the notes in the OP here? Or are there notes in path of building?

pob notes, i'm still working on updating the guide, not sure when i'll be done with that

I know quite a few people been asking about which ascendancy is better and all that, but i can't really answer that, i'd need to actually play through the game with chieftain to know how it feels. It seems pretty good, but i don't really know. So use what i recommend regarding chieftain with a grain of salt. It's more of an idea than a guide. I know that Jug is pretty solid though, and works well for pretty much everything, and is going to be even better in 3.7.

got it for chieftain testing

the last mod is what you should be aiming at getting eventually, if you decide to go with chieftain. it'll remove the need for "Inexorable" wheel, saving you a bunch of points. and it's way more reliable and effective

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires