[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Ken34 a écrit :
thank you for the guide, ive really enjoyed being able to kill everything and not die or worry about getting 1 shot randomly lol.

couple of questions,

1. ive been using stun support with my heavy strike, is it required to have it in order to stun shaper? under what circumstance could i go do without it?

2. since switching from sunder to cyclone after getting my 2nd 5L tidebreaker, ive been really enjoying it, and since have used heavy strike less and less, only for bosses i need to guarantee stun lock, in this scanerio, is it ok to remove one of the heavy strike jewels from my passive tree for a pride watcher's eye?

The question of can I stun Shaper is not a trivial one. Unless your minimum damage roll with your Ruthless strike can have 100% stun chances, which is extremely difficult to achieve, stun-locking is a matter of probabilities. Usually the probability can be raised to like 99%, which basically guarantees it, but it makes it difficult to judge if it's worth it to make investments to raise the probability say from 90% to 99%.

Currently, I see that you only have a 5-link on your Tidebreaker, and do not have helm enchant, Intimidate (Tombfist, Watcher's Eye, Lethal Pride) or Vulnerability corruption, and is playing Slayer (Berserker would have higher damage). I would go ahead and say that stun-locking Shaper is not going to be smooth for you.

Using Stun Support is going to make stunning easier. But on the other hand, considering that replacing Stun Support with Bloodlust is 60% more DPS, or with Damage on Full Life, which is 50% more DPS - you get a high DPS boost from the swap without losing too much stun capability (Stun Support is worth about 70% more DPS to stun capability).

One way to boost stun capability without much investments is to pick Spinecruncher wheel, and get Kinetic Impacts from amulet enchant. Also, in the Skull Cracking wheel, you may switch to the stun duration nodes instead of the AoE nodes.

So what's my conclusion? I suggest making a couple more gear upgrades before doing Shaper. Not that you can't kill him but your experience would be much more pleasant if you have better gears and can guarantee stun-locking. If you really want to try Shaper right now, I suggest keeping Stun Support and make the passive tree changes I mentioned above temporarily.

And as to under what circumstance could you go do without it, I would say when you get a 6-link you probably won't need it anymore. Although you could still use it - just so that you will 99.9% stun-lock Shaper.

If you find yourself not using Heavy Strike at all, then there is no point in having a piece of gear that only benefits Heavy Strike. To be honest Heavy Strike has such a high damage and stun capability that I personally leave my threshold jewels in my stash and only swap them on for Shaper / Uber Elder fights.

And by the way, I don't think a Pride Watcher's Eye is particularly good, unless you can find one with 2 Pride mods. I do suggest upgrading your other gear pieces first.
thank you for the in depth reply, its really appreciated. i will try to get the gear upgrades you mentioned.
just a quick update, i was able to six link my 2 tidebreakers with around 1k fusings, just downed red elder, was able to stun lock him. the difference in damage between 5L and 6L is pretty insane, lol.

now here comes the next predicament, i was thinking of getting a different watcher's eye to fulfill the intimidate, but then i wouldnt have onslaught, but i really enjoy the bleed gloves for map clear and i dont want to switch to tombfists. what are your thoughts? should i remove the heavy strike gem for onslaught? is there another way to get onslaught? is it that important or can i ignore it?
"
Ken34 a écrit :
just a quick update, i was able to six link my 2 tidebreakers with around 1k fusings, just downed red elder, was able to stun lock him. the difference in damage between 5L and 6L is pretty insane, lol.

now here comes the next predicament, i was thinking of getting a different watcher's eye to fulfill the intimidate, but then i wouldnt have onslaught, but i really enjoy the bleed gloves for map clear and i dont want to switch to tombfists. what are your thoughts? should i remove the heavy strike gem for onslaught? is there another way to get onslaught? is it that important or can i ignore it?

Gratz on the lucky 6-links. I wouldn't say either Intimidate or Onslaught are must-haves, but they are certainly nice to have.

The best source of Intimidate, besides Tombfist, should be Lethal Pride, there is the downside that it only offers a 10% chance to Intimidate on hit, but it should still work quite well.

And the source of Onslaught, again, besides from a abyss jewel socketed into a Tombfist, should just be a Silver Flask. It's not a big factor in boss fights anyway, and we are usually able to have flasks up most of the times while mapping to fully enjoy the Onslaught benefits.
lol wow i dont know how the flask slipped my mind, good thinking! thanks for your valuable insight once again, its helping me out a lot.
The slayer in the uber elder kill video (ground slam / cyclone is using crit or RT variant?
"
Haadd a écrit :
The slayer in the uber elder kill video (ground slam / cyclone is using crit or RT variant?

Resolute Technique. And it was my Legion league character.
"
brightwaha a écrit :
"
Haadd a écrit :

How much Shaper dps have you achieved with that Slayer Ground Slam build? Really liked. Wanted to give it a try.
"
Haadd a écrit :
"
brightwaha a écrit :
"
Haadd a écrit :

How much Shaper dps have you achieved with that Slayer Ground Slam build? Really liked. Wanted to give it a try.

It's more or less like the one I had in my Slayer PoB page. More than half of the PoB page was from the gears I obtained in Legion, including the Fortify corrupted Tidebreaker. So I would say I had around 3 million Heavy Strike DPS (with the correction flask on).

So I guess that with the Ground Slam variant I should get 2m-2,5m tops with RT? Never managed to scale damage so high in a RT build.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires