R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Champion Build Guide (DPS - multi class - HC viable)

[Take everything here with a large grain of salt] Although I did reroll for Elementalist, I wanted to share the thought process I used to make leveling a Duelist for this build as painless as possible. It's not a radical departure from a typical leveling approach for any other build, but this is with Greengroove's tree in mind. This doesn't really help new league leveling, but does help for a second char and beyond. I should also note that I think I transitioned too early with a level 8 EA gem for a char level of 47.

Equipped throughout: Goldrim and Wanderlust. Seven-League Step would also be a great option, but sacrifices the freeze immunity of Wanderlust.

Levels…
1-16: Split Arrow, Burning Arrow, and/or Shrapnel Shot. Silverbranch, Craghead, Ignomon, Sadima's, 2x Blackheart.
Synergizes quite nicely with the early projectile damage nodes and makes for an easy trip to 16.

16-28: Infernal Blow, LGoH, Splash, Melee Phys. Meginord's Girdle, Facebreaker, Lycosidae(!).
Lycosidae is an incredible little leveling unique with free RT, a bit of life, and a big boost to counterattack damage. Socket Reckoning and Riposte for great justice. The melee phys nodes at Duelist start can easily be taken for some extra damage.

28-31: Cyclone instead of Infernal Blow with Melee Phys and LGoH.
Mana is a huge problem, but a white Giant Mana Flask can reliably sustain Cyclone for short to moderate length bursts. 3L is just fine until 31 (and probably preferable because mana).

31-EA**: Add Blood Magic gem to Cyclone.
Spin to win to EA transition. Additional damage nodes can be picked up if needed, such as Born to Fight and Defiance cluster. You could also throw on a Tabula and run Cyclone on a 6L, but you'll likely be chewing through your own life even through LGoH. It wouldn't hurt to take some leech on gear, such as Wurm's Molt.

**I attempted to transition to EA at level 47. I had not yet made it near the Witch portion of the tree (and EO by extension). I had two level 8 EAs for single and multitarget. Damage was rather lackluster - Green isn't kidding when s/he says that EA gem level matters a great deal. Treat it like a spell in this regard.

At level 47 I decided to reroll a Witch because free prolif and Liege. I'm just relating my experience as a Duelist with the guide given here.
Dernière édition par ConsPark, le 18 déc. 2016 03:48:31
Honestly I think that Elementalist is most fun and easiest starter EA build that is also very strong.

If I was to level a Champion again I think I would do 2 hand melee and then Earthquake, till I get EE and of course Mortal conviction. After that I'd respec to EA. Since I spec out of melee damage nodes I can get to EO and other damage nodes instead. That would cost some regrets but I think it's still worth it. You can have a decent leveling experience that way and respec is not that expensive.

This is the tree I crafted for this purpose. Please note that this is not tested and it should only serve as a guide in case you want to level with a melee skill.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs

very good build
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
How do you sustain life and mana with this build. Can't see any source of leech.
"
Lord_Amandus a écrit :
How do you sustain life and mana with this build. Can't see any source of leech.

Life regen, no leech. I had about 900 life / second regen with Sulphur flask up.

I'm not one of the best poe players and I do not speak native English.
But I ask you what should I improve on my character?

I'm working to buy the ring and the necklace, then the armor.

My time to play is shared with other tasks so I do not have a good equipment

Ty .
Dernière édition par R3Z3ND33VIL, le 31 déc. 2016 22:59:34
"
R3Z3ND33VIL a écrit :
What should I improve on my character?

If you don't play HC then you can get the Doryani's belt. It should be cheap. The Ngamahu tiki also high priority. Winds of change gloves should be cheap. You can try get a corrupted 6 link chest or tabula rasa.

Now it depends how far you want to take the character. If you don't shoot for Guardians and Shaper and NOT HC You can definitely get away with a corrupted 6 link chest. Otherwise Kaoms.

The jewelry is extremely bad! I suggest you get the above items first, and then try to get resist jewelry to cap (or over cap resists). I think this alone will help you a lot. Don't worry about Opal rings for now. Just get the other things and then cap your resist and make sure all items have life on them!

Now quiver... I'm not sure what to say since you have a +1 Hyrri's. Maybe just try to get a rare quiver with LOTS of resist for ele weakness maps. That should be cheap but u might want to get the rings and amulet first... Keep the quiver for last.

gl
Dernière édition par Greengroove, le 1 janv. 2017 11:34:38
"
Greengroove a écrit :
"
R3Z3ND33VIL a écrit :
What should I improve on my character?

If you don't play HC then you can get the Doryani's belt. It should be cheap. The Ngamahu tiki also high priority. Winds of change gloves should be cheap. You can try get a corrupted 6 link chest or tabula rasa.

Now it depends how far you want to take the character. If you don't shoot for Guardians and Shaper and NOT HC You can definitely get away with a corrupted 6 link chest. Otherwise Kaoms.

The jewelry is extremely bad! I suggest you get the above items first, and then try to get resist jewelry to cap (or over cap resists). I think this alone will help you a lot. Don't worry about Opal rings for now. Just get the other things and then cap your resist and make sure all items have life on them!

Now quiver... I'm not sure what to say since you have a +1 Hyrri's. Maybe just try to get a rare quiver with LOTS of resist for ele weakness maps. That should be cheap but u might want to get the rings and amulet first... Keep the quiver for last.

gl

Ok.

I bought a KAOM'S today.
A Winds of change gloves I already own
The CORRUPTED chest would help me in that? What improvement would a vaal orb give for armor?
I am worried about the resistances but I will certainly provide the items mentioned above, the next goal is the Essence Worm Unset Ring and the Ngamahu Tiki Coral Amulet, really out of HC items are cheaper. The Doryani's belt will also buy

I do not plan on killing SHAPER or guardians for now, but I'd like to risk Atziri (would that build for this challenge?)

The jewels I got running the maps, I started to buy my items now, because I have little time to dedicate myself to the accumulation of currencys.

In the matter of the quiver I have not changed it since I got an additional arrow, I thought to get the other quiver recommended by you and to go trying the ADDITIONAL ARROW.

Thank you for your attention, if you do not mind I will be back to your POST to ask more times :)
"
R3Z3ND33VIL a écrit :

The CORRUPTED chest would help me in that? What improvement would a vaal orb give for armor?

I do not plan on killing SHAPER or guardians for now, but I'd like to risk Atziri (would that build for this challenge?)

http://poe.trade/search/itainaahoruoha

You may want to get a Leather belt and rare helmet if you play HC. Then you can keep the quiver you use now.

Explosive arrow is not the best for Atziri, but it can be done. Note that you can't ignite enraged bosses. The second Vaal oversoul and the last mob standing in the trio. Atziri can only be ignited in the split phase!

You can curse her, but remember to have your fire resist over caped accordingly if you do as she reflects the curses to you!
Hi,Greengroove.
I am interested in your EA "with MOM" build very very much.
I have two questions on EA with MoM.

・Question1
Does it need any Mana flasks? like Lavianga's Spirit.

・Question2
Do you shoot EA for AoE(with APS3.0) with BloodMagic gem?

If MOM is possible,I'm thinking about going to MoM.
If you have any advices for MoM,please advise me.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires