3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

Hi all. I have tried to play Toxic Rain builds in the past, and the ramp up time for damage was very annoying when mapping. Things dying behind you.

I've watched some videos of this build, and the end game almost makes it look like they instantly die. How bad of an issue is backtracking for loot?

It was one of the few things I didn't really like, but then I played a trickster build where move speed was slow so maybe it won't be as big an issue?

Secondly, where can I find information on required AOE mods as i've seen that mentioned alot in the posts but can't see any mention of it in the first post. Order of ascendancies to take etc, gem setups Also, is there any kind of leveling guide for gems to use?

ty
Dernière édition par Nevzat, le 2 févr. 2022 21:40:27
How to fit Determination + Grace + Malevolance? Is it worth to cast Despair now?
"
Nevzat a écrit :
Hi all. I have tried to play Toxic Rain builds in the past, and the ramp up time for damage was very annoying when mapping. Things dying behind you.

I've watched some videos of this build, and the end game almost makes it look like they instantly die. How bad of an issue is backtracking for loot?

It was one of the few things I didn't really like, but then I played a trickster build where move speed was slow so maybe it won't be as big an issue?

Secondly, where can I find information on required AOE mods as i've seen that mentioned alot in the posts but can't see any mention of it in the first post. Order of ascendancies to take etc, gem setups Also, is there any kind of leveling guide for gems to use?

ty
Stuff still dies behind you, you will spend some time going back to pick up the good stuff. It does encourage you to run a good loot filter.

The AOE is pretty easy. We want a 1.39 multiplier for 5 projectiles. That gives us a decent AOE, but it's .01 before the breakpoint that spreads out our projectiles. We get this from:
- .10 from 20% quality on a TR gem
- .09 from a craft on either amulet or gloves
- .20 from Bow Mastery on the passive skill tree

This isn't actually the *ideal* AOE, you can increase your damage by adding a projectile and switching Efficacy for an alternate qual Conc. Effect, but that's something to worry about much later.

If you check the second post, there is a link there to a POB. It includes a Notes section, and the leveling process is explained there and in the skills section. Basically we level with Splitting Steel, then Shattering Steel, then we swap to TR at level 33 with a 4 link.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
lemonpopplar a écrit :
How to fit Determination + Grace + Malevolance? Is it worth to cast Despair now?
Link them to Enlighten 3 (or 4, of course) in a helmet with +to level of socketed gems.
What are the steps of league starting with this build in 3.17? which items to prioritize? what points in the tree, etc..
"
bestboy35 a écrit :
What are the steps of league starting with this build in 3.17? which items to prioritize? what points in the tree, etc..

Literally 2 posts above yours...

"
grimjack68 a écrit :

If you check the second post, there is a link there to a POB. It includes a Notes section, and the leveling process is explained there and in the skills section. Basically we level with Splitting Steel, then Shattering Steel, then we swap to TR at level 33 with a 4 link.
"
grimjack68 a écrit :
"
Nevzat a écrit :

ty
Stuff still dies behind you, you will spend some time going back to pick up the good stuff. It does encourage you to run a good loot filter.

The AOE is pretty easy. We want a 1.39 multiplier for 5 projectiles. That gives us a decent AOE, but it's .01 before the breakpoint that spreads out our projectiles. We get this from:
- .10 from 20% quality on a TR gem
- .09 from a craft on either amulet or gloves
- .20 from Bow Mastery on the passive skill tree

This isn't actually the *ideal* AOE, you can increase your damage by adding a projectile and switching Efficacy for an alternate qual Conc. Effect, but that's something to worry about much later.

Thank you for responding. So do we follow the second or first POB? The first has no notes in it etc and only one gear set/one skill tree....

Also, why shattering steel? caustic arrow is good for leveling no?
Dernière édition par Nevzat, le 3 févr. 2022 07:29:44
"
Nevzat a écrit :

Thank you for responding. So do we follow the second or first POB? The first has no notes in it etc and only one gear set/one skill tree....

Also, why shattering steel? caustic arrow is good for leveling no?

The second POB was the inspiration for this build, which was originally created for SSFHC. In softcore, we can afford to trade some tank for quality of life. Personally I ran a bit of a hybrid between the two trees, however, I've been playing chaos DOT builds for many years already. My advice to anyone who is newer to the playstyle is to pick one. The first post is faster, the second post is more tank.

Shattering steel works better than CA for leveling. Splitting / Shattering steel gets perfect supports for Duelist (Chance to bleed and Onslaught) and uses exactly the same tree passives, so respecing at level 33 has no cost.
Thanks for the build, will be league starting (and most likely taking it all the way). Are you going to adjust the pob for 3.17 when pob updates? My biggest question is what bow mastery to take since phasing is gone? Any other way to pick up phasing?
Does anybody know the sweetspot aoe for 6 arrows + Concentrated Effect gem?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires