[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
DuschtGernNackt a écrit :
Is there anything i miss or can do better in the future?

It's nice to see how your build grows properly ;]

Anyway 2c from me about min-maxing:

ITEMS:

- if you replace your Prismatic Eclipse with another corrupted one with Resolute Technique implicit you free one skill point on the tree that you could spent on some life node which is always beneficial.

- you may want to pay attention to those harvest crafts to search for the one that increases life per quality and put that on your armour

- please slam some blessed orbs on that sinistral gloves of yours to get that 50% increased attack damage with offhand - it hurts my eyes now ;]

JEWELS:

- if you replace your Watcher's Eye with the one that has mod Impales last 2 additional hits while using Pride - that will be at least 400k additional damage for your build - definitely good for bossing

GEMS:

If you have a chance to replace your Shield Crush gem for Anomalous version that's +10% Attack Speed and a mere +100k increase in dps for you build. You'll sacrifice 10% AoE though, but it may not be a problem if you play at very close range to enemies anyway.

I see in your setup you have ancestral protector linked with multiple totems support and maim. Your totems do very little damage in comparison to yours. It's better to drop Maim and put Ancestral Warchief in there - during boss fights you then drop both totem variants - one increases your attack speed (protector) and the other your damage (warchief increases that by 18% at level 20).

SKILL TREE:

You're missing a good notable in shield nodes at the bottom of skill tree - Gladiatorial Combat - with it damage for your build increases by about 300k dps.

I'm not convinced by that Glorous Vanity/Divine Flesh idea for this build that much - it consumes too many skill points sacrificing (in your current setup) a lot of damage and life increase for relatively little gains in defense.

I would recover those 5 points from that part of the tree and put those in that Gladiatorial Combat and the rest to get more of those 5% life nodes - and see how it plays.

You may also want to reroll that skill on your small life cluster jewel to Gladiator's Fortitude - it not only has 5% life but 25% increased damage while holding a shield as well.

well, that's all for now I think... ;]
"
Gromhouleux a écrit :

That's another reason to awaken Suffixes over Prefixes.
It's almost impossible to get a good life roll on the chest if you awaken 2 prefixes.
Having the hunter %life mod is useless if you cannot get a correct life roll with it.

But if you awaken 2 suffixes you can still have a good life roll and the %life by benchcrafting or T4 Aisling.

Among the influenced suffixes, frenzy charges and mana cost seem the most useful for the build.

So for me the combo +2 gem Amu and Frenzy/mana cost chest looks the most optimized since they are also more deterministic crafts than other options.

I decided the best bet to fix it was fossil crafting double life prefix. I got T2 life and T1 hunter with an empty prefix so I bought a T4 Aisling and was really happy to get the 30% ailment avoidance.

Then I prefix locked and used the harvest reforge attack - there's only 2 suffixes you can roll. The socketed attacks cost -mana is 25% to hit, and I hit it on my 3rd attempt. I want to enchant the quality>life so I bench crafted that and exalt slammed and hit all res.

All together it probably cost me about 15ex total to make mirror tier body armour.

Dernière édition par fate3, le 17 sept. 2021 13:52:00
Hi OP, I saw that you mentioned that this build will have big changes in 3.16 due to the reveals, will you consider that this build is still viable (with some tweaks done to it) after the future updates assuming with the current reveals that we know now?
"
fate3 a écrit :
"
Gromhouleux a écrit :

That's another reason to awaken Suffixes over Prefixes.
It's almost impossible to get a good life roll on the chest if you awaken 2 prefixes.
Having the hunter %life mod is useless if you cannot get a correct life roll with it.

But if you awaken 2 suffixes you can still have a good life roll and the %life by benchcrafting or T4 Aisling.

Among the influenced suffixes, frenzy charges and mana cost seem the most useful for the build.

So for me the combo +2 gem Amu and Frenzy/mana cost chest looks the most optimized since they are also more deterministic crafts than other options.

I decided the best bet to fix it was fossil crafting double life prefix. I got T2 life and T1 hunter with an empty prefix so I bought a T4 Aisling and was really happy to get the 30% ailment avoidance.

Then I prefix locked and used the harvest reforge attack - there's only 2 suffixes you can roll. The socketed attacks cost -mana is 25% to hit, and I hit it on my 3rd attempt. I want to enchant the quality>life so I bench crafted that and exalt slammed and hit all res.

All together it probably cost me about 15ex total to make mirror tier body armour.

Nice chest, it is a good example of what you can craft by combining different crafting methods in the game.
Fossils,metamods, Aisling, Harvest, awakener or Maven orbs...People complain about the craft in this game but there are a lot of ways to craft items that suit you without spending hundreds of Exalted orbs.
"
pinkpinkbean a écrit :
Hi OP, I saw that you mentioned that this build will have big changes in 3.16 due to the reveals, will you consider that this build is still viable (with some tweaks done to it) after the future updates assuming with the current reveals that we know now?

Hi!

My current guess at the moment is that this build is going to hit some collateral nerfs because of how blatantly overtuned SST is. If I had to guess, I would say that Shield Armor values might get nerfed down a bit and we might lose some block chance in the Gladiator Ascendancy nodes. I already have workarounds planned for this, and should this be the case, they will be implemented into the guide. As soon as the patch notes come out (assuming no other major changes), I hope to have this build updated to be 3.16 ready within 2 days.

tl;dr - I'm guessing we'll lose slight amounts of defense and maybe an indirect damage nerf, but I would be very surprised if it killed the build.
Yeah I think SST will get nerfed but I think this build will still be very viable. It's the first build I ever took 90+ so I'm planning to at least league start it next league.
"
artisanix a écrit :

It's nice to see how your build grows properly ;]

Anyway 2c from me about min-maxing:

Thanks for your input AND your time to check all this Sir! i enjoy it when i can upgrade some in my current gear.
If i'm honest i prefer to test/build new builds i never played than play the game at the moment. Mostly after i`m done with a build in my eyes and for my currency ^^ i sell the complete build and start a new project :-P

"
artisanix a écrit :

ITEMS:
- if you replace your Prismatic Eclipse with another corrupted one with Resolute Technique implicit you free one skill point on the tree that you could spent on some life node which is always beneficial.

- you may want to pay attention to those harvest crafts to search for the one that increases life per quality and put that on your armour

- please slam some blessed orbs on that sinistral gloves of yours to get that 50% increased attack damage with offhand - it hurts my eyes now ;]

+ i searched for a Prismatic with double Implizit RT + Fortify but nothing on the market :-P I think if there one i cant affort it^^
Anyways i keep my Weapon because for me its a big QoL to get fortify without use Leap Slam every 5 seconds.
On Bossfights i have so much to watch out and with automatic Fortify its much easier for me :)
+ Sry for the 48% on my gloves :-D i run out of blessed orbs and later i forget it xD but its fixed now!

"
artisanix a écrit :

JEWELS:
- if you replace your Watcher's Eye with the one that has mod Impales last 2 additional hits while using Pride - that will be at least 400k additional damage for your build - definitely good for bossing

I search for this kind of watchers eye but only two on the market. 90exa and 1 mirror xD thats definetly a little bid out of my price range :-P
"
artisanix a écrit :

GEMS:
If you have a chance to replace your Shield Crush gem for Anomalous version that's +10% Attack Speed and a mere +100k increase in dps for you build. You'll sacrifice 10% AoE though, but it may not be a problem if you play at very close range to enemies anyway.

in this section i was verry busy :) and changed much.....
+ Anomalous Shield Crush 21/20 (10% inc. attack speed)
+ Divergent Multistrike 20/20 (10% inc. attack speed)
""the difference between Awakened multi and Divergent multi was not so ""big that it would paid 23ex more.""
+ Pulverise 21/20
+ Impale 21/20
+ Pride 21/0
+ Blood and Sand 7/0
+ Ancestral Protector 21/20
+ Anscestral Warchief 21/20
+ Blood Rage 21/20
"
artisanix a écrit :

I see in your setup you have ancestral protector linked with multiple totems support and maim. Your totems do very little damage in comparison to yours. It's better to drop Maim and put Ancestral Warchief in there - during boss fights you then drop both totem variants - one increases your attack speed (protector) and the other your damage (warchief increases that by 18% at level 20).

i think you dont see my warchief dude :) my Setup is
Protector / Warchief / Multi Totems / Maim
"
artisanix a écrit :

SKILL TREE:
You're missing a good notable in shield nodes at the bottom of skill tree - Gladiatorial Combat - with it damage for your build increases by about 300k dps.

I'm not convinced by that Glorous Vanity/Divine Flesh idea for this build that much - it consumes too many skill points sacrificing (in your current setup) a lot of damage and life increase for relatively little gains in defense.

I would recover those 5 points from that part of the tree and put those in that Gladiatorial Combat and the rest to get more of those 5% life nodes - and see how it plays.

You may also want to reroll that skill on your small life cluster jewel to Gladiator's Fortitude - it not only has 5% life but 25% increased damage while holding a shield as well.

okokok my defence layers was to much ok ^^ but i hate dying :-D
+ So i dropped the Divine Flesh Setup to keep 6 points.
i dropped the "born to fight" point to get my needed 7 points. I skill "Gladoators Combat" and the road to "Precise Perception" include "Finesse". This Setup was the biggest dps upgrade i tested in PoB.
+ i changed my large cluster jewel to get "Martial Prowess instead of "Smite the Weak" for more damage
+ i dont change the small cluster because the difference between "Gladiator's Fortitude" and "Adrenalin" wasn`t so big in PoB.

+ but the biggest upgrade was my Amulet Anoiment....
I was thinking about not writing it because it's so stupid but anyways... my "old" Anoiment was "Command of Steel" o.O
But i skilled Command of Steel on the Skilltree....
yes i`m a real pro gamer i know :-D and it hurt a little bit when i write this so i changed this mistake to "Ambidexterity".

After all the changes here i was able raise up the PoB dps from
~3,9 Mio dps
to
~8.5 Mio dps
this was a huge upgrade trip :)

This night i tested the build first time. i want start to finish my 36/40 challanges and do some T16 Maps / Hunter Concqueror and Simulacrum (for Level 20 Wave.
I played without any deadly moment. Its really fun to play this kind of tanky char!!!
We will see how it works on bigger bosses i need for the challanges.

Maybe in the future i try to get another Helmet include Helm Enchant. The Problem is i really need the chaos res on the helmet. We will see :)

at the end here my new PoB if anyone want to check some:
https://pastebin.com/UFBphkeN

see/read you next days after killing some bigger content :)

"
Thanks for your input AND your time to check all this Sir! i enjoy it when i can upgrade some in my current gear.

Sure, np, as I can learn from your experiments a bit as well ;] Currently I have some shield crush char to level as well, though on SSF it has far less options to grow quickly ;]

"

+ i searched for a Prismatic with double Implizit RT + Fortify but nothing on the market :-P I think if there one i cant affort it^^

I think no one bothers to make it ;] For both implicits you need to double corrupt it - some luck is required at that Altar of Corruption at Alva's Temple. And the altar has a better uses than this. Prismatic is quite popular this league because of SST and Shield Crush as a cheap and very good utility stick, and double corruption brings very little value to this item it seems.

"

Anyways i keep my Weapon because for me its a big QoL to get fortify without use Leap Slam every 5 seconds.
On Bossfights i have so much to watch out and with automatic Fortify its much easier for me :)

I understand you. My play style was probably similar to yours a month or two ago. Though I've retrained my habits recently ;] I don't jump blindly into monster packs that often anymore to fire fortify or zoom-zoom through the map. I play more positional with a bit of a strategic approach. Rather jump around enemies and pay attention to never be surrounded by mobs. I adapted such play style because it was a successful strategy to level SST to 100 on SSF standard for me. And it works with Shield Crush so far - I think this build is another potential 100 candidate ;]

"

+ Divergent Multistrike 20/20 (10% inc. attack speed)
""the difference between Awakened multi and Divergent multi was not so ""big that it would paid 23ex more.""

Awakened Multi is a relatively rare drop, even between all awakened gems. And on Standard its price usually starts from 50+ ex O_o Not worth at all, until you have a lot of exes to burn ;]

"

i think you dont see my warchief dude :) my Setup is
Protector / Warchief / Multi Totems / Maim

Forgive me then, I looked wrong - if you hoover a cursor over that totem socket group in PoB it displays overlay that divides totems on two different skills, and displays it on top of the actual gems setup. I was too hasty with reading those values there ;p

"

+ So i dropped the Divine Flesh Setup to keep 6 points.
i dropped the "born to fight" point to get my needed 7 points. I skill "Gladoators Combat" and the road to "Precise Perception" include "Finesse". This Setup was the biggest dps upgrade i tested in PoB.

That's a good choice. Hit based builds (like this one) always greatly benefit from increased attack speed.
For my poor version of Shield Crush I also took those points leading to Finesse, and Precise Interception.
And to cope with mana issues because of fast attack rate I annointed Essence Sap on amulet. This annoint + Replica Conqueror's Efficiency + Multistrike's delay and you can forget about mana. No problem even during those ritual encounters with speedy altars + occasional onslaught from the flask when the Glad swings that shield like a madman ;]

"

yes i`m a real pro gamer i know :-D and it hurt a little bit when i write this so i changed this mistake to "Ambidexterity".

Oh, c'mon. The game's broken. It should be allowed to stack skills ;D

"

This night i tested the build first time. i want start to finish my 36/40 challanges and do some T16 Maps / Hunter Concqueror and Simulacrum (for Level 20 Wave.
I played without any deadly moment. Its really fun to play this kind of tanky char!!!
We will see how it works on bigger bosses i need for the challanges.

The only relatively dangerous situation in Simulacrum for this build that I see is when RNG will not be on your side and you'll end in a very small and narrow map (like Oriath) and Kosis spawns on 20th wave. That location is great for this build to clear mobs, but with Kosis if he manages to hit you once and lowers your health and fires up his big explosion quickly after, there's a very little room to dodge that there.
Anyway if you want to go there, don't forget to use your Vulnerabilty curse on bosses as at 20th wave Kosis and mobs have more than 90% damage reduction ;p

"

Maybe in the future i try to get another Helmet include Helm Enchant. The Problem is i really need the chaos res on the helmet. We will see :)

Are you crazy?! Who on Wraeclast needs that much of a chaos res?! O_O
I've managed to hit level 92 with Shield Crush on -60% chaos ;]
Be brave, live on the edge! ;D
Dernière édition par artisanix, le 18 sept. 2021 07:32:03
"
artisanix a écrit :

Are you crazy?! Who on Wraeclast needs that much of a chaos res?! O_O
I've managed to hit level 92 with Shield Crush on -60% chaos ;]
Be brave, live on the edge! ;D

;-)
"
;-)

Impressive. Now I understand your fondness of that Divine Flesh notable ;]
Anyway, never cared much about chaos res for max block builds. If it rises above 0, that's enough of a signal to rush at those mobs ;]

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires