[3.17] Lightning Strike Slayer Starter that clears the entire game

Loving this build so far. Crazy map clear. The only problem I have are these mob mods that have regen and high elem res. Other than that, awesome build man!
Hello
first of all, nice build! im at lvl 50 now enjoying it tons.
I had a question about the passive skill tree, i see in the POB that u put points in Axe damage and critical strike multiplier with axe attacks. Any reason to why since we mainly use swords?
Why not take +1 max frenzy charges? 4 life nodes gets you 5 max frenzy. That's 10% dps gain and more zoomzoom/QOL while clearing. Thoughts?

Edit: the point of the build is not to POB warrior but you did not have frenzy checked, was that intentional? I find at least with map bosses I maintain frenzy or burn them to the ground before they dissipate.
Dernière édition par SafeBendyStraw, le 7 août 2021 00:54:36
"
tromesa a écrit :
Hello
first of all, nice build! im at lvl 50 now enjoying it tons.
I had a question about the passive skill tree, i see in the POB that u put points in Axe damage and critical strike multiplier with axe attacks. Any reason to why since we mainly use swords?

When doing a league starter I reccommend starting with axes and then switching to swords later as axes have much smoother gameplay in the early levels.

"
SafeBendyStraw a écrit :

Why not take +1 max frenzy charges? 4 life nodes gets you 5 max frenzy. That's 10% dps gain and more zoomzoom/QOL while clearing. Thoughts?

Edit: the point of the build is not to POB warrior but you did not have frenzy checked, was that intentional? I find at least with map bosses I maintain frenzy or burn them to the ground before they dissipate.

Frenzy charge = around 4% more damage.

That means 2% per node. All the other nodes we take are more effecitve than 2% damage increase per node.

Later on it does get harder to find effective value nodes, I guess that's when you can take frenzy charges.

Also, the PoB is set up to show the damage you get when you enter the Sirus arena. You can get frenzy charges with fenzy+hydrosphere, but they only last 10 seconds so I didn't want to tick them. On general map bosses the damage is a lot higher yes, due to all the charges and Vaal Totem and Berserk and all the conditional passives.
Small thing I found the other day, it's not worth leveling lifetap support to max lvl. It works like arcane surge so it's on lower levels it can be kept up constantly, while at lvl 20 it needs ~10 leap slams to trigger.

I switched to Tombfist and Mark of the Elder but juiced maps are a big issue, especially with Sirus mobs. I'll look into getting some armour because at this point increasing damage by 10-20% will make no difference when I'm sometimes 1 shot few times on single map (I will just hold on with progression I guess).

Unlocking Soul of the Brine King helped, especially with reducing effects of chill (30%>15%). Slow and stun render leap slam useless so it's something to work on.

-edit-
I just bought this chest without influence and added recover that mod works with Vaal Pact. Combined with Granite Flask I'm doing much better.
ign: Krowa_IX HC | RacingCow races
Dernière édition par Chaosu, le 9 août 2021 04:12:24
hey, so i was clearing map very fast, but when it comes to bosses like sirus i struggle on dps alot. do you need hydrosphere to be level 20? or are we only using it's mechanic and leaving it at level 1. and if we do need it at level 20 how do we reach the INT requirements?
"
Chaosu a écrit :
Small thing I found the other day, it's not worth leveling lifetap support to max lvl. It works like arcane surge so it's on lower levels it can be kept up constantly, while at lvl 20 it needs ~10 leap slams to trigger.

I switched to Tombfist and Mark of the Elder but juiced maps are a big issue, especially with Sirus mobs. I'll look into getting some armour because at this point increasing damage by 10-20% will make no difference when I'm sometimes 1 shot few times on single map (I will just hold on with progression I guess).

Unlocking Soul of the Brine King helped, especially with reducing effects of chill (30%>15%). Slow and stun render leap slam useless so it's something to work on.

-edit-
I just bought this chest without influence and added recover that mod works with Vaal Pact. Combined with Granite Flask I'm doing much better.

Yes, I didn't realize I left lifetap at level20 in the PoB. I picked up the Frostblades character again, and I came to realize that even though Leap Slam is a good QoL upgrade because it can go over walls, Whirling Blades just works much better in the current state of the game.

Since this patch, oneshots and deaths during mapping have become really common for everyone, especially melee builds. Whirling blade really lets you dodge around the monsters while keeping your DPS up the way leap slam doesn't. I will experiment a little more with whirling blades and see how big a difference it makes during bossing and then change the original guide as well, but I reccommend trying it out.

The fortify wheel on passive tree is really good as well, but you don't want to leap slam on bosses, whirling blades however lets you almost always keep up fortify during bossing, so I will probably take those passives too.

"
ady77732 a écrit :
hey, so i was clearing map very fast, but when it comes to bosses like sirus i struggle on dps alot. do you need hydrosphere to be level 20? or are we only using it's mechanic and leaving it at level 1. and if we do need it at level 20 how do we reach the INT requirements?

Hydrosphere is there only for the mechanic. Sirus also has like 80mil life, so it does take a while to kill him, especially since you can't just keep your damage up at all times.
Added some up to date videos from 3.15 as well as the conclusion section about endgame content to this league as I, like many others, am tired and fed up with this league.
Ty for build, first time with the frost blades here

This is my 5th char in poe, and I guess this is the squishiest chararacter I have ever played. I don't know what I did wrong. But I died too much. Maybe because of the nerfs and gameplay changes I dunno. I really had hard times when dealing with the elemental resist rare mobs. And some expeditions were nightmare to me. I thought I didn't have enough dps so I took dps nodes. Then became weaker. In last act I had 2.2k hp. Boss fights were just frustirating
I completed acts around 16 hours and died around 50 times. (I played necro last season and I haven't died that much for entire leauge)

My first question is, why do we take tribal fury? frost blades already penetrates enemies I guess?

secondly, we only swap ancestral call to multistrake for bosses I guess?

and lastly, Fight for suvival unique jewel's radius does not seems like covering 40 dex points. does it actually work?

sorry for my noob questions
Dernière édition par Caramellus, le 14 août 2021 09:50:45
"
Caramellus a écrit :
Ty for build, first time with the frost blades here

This is my 5th char in poe, and I guess this is the squishiest chararacter I have ever played. I don't know what I did wrong. But I died too much. Maybe because of the nerfs and gameplay changes I dunno. I really had hard times when dealing with the elemental resist rare mobs. And some expeditions were nightmare to me. I thought I didn't have enough dps so I took dps nodes. Then became weaker. In last act I had 2.2k hp. Boss fights were just frustirating
I completed acts around 16 hours and died around 50 times. (I played necro last season and I haven't died that much for entire leauge)

My first question is, why do we take tribal fury? frost blades already penetrates enemies I guess?

secondly, we only swap ancestral call to multistrake for bosses I guess?

and lastly, Fight for suvival unique jewel's radius does not seems like covering 40 dex points. does it actually work?

sorry for my noob questions

At level 70 or so You should have more than 3.5k life, if you don't you need to check your gear. On my level 90+ character I have 4750 life, and thats with abyssus and Tombfist if I was using rares instead of those I would have probably around 5500. Make sure all of your items that are not unique have life rolls.

Tribal fury is there for the Hydrosphere interaction, read that paragraph in the guide.

In the beginning yes use multistrike for bosses, later on you should always use multistrike and swap out Added elemental damage instead.

As for the jewel, you don't need to take 40dex in radius for it to work, there just needs to be 40dex in the radius, so both jewel slots in the guide work.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires