[3.17] Lightning Strike Slayer Starter that clears the entire game

Hey mate thanks for the guide. Just wondering if you could please have a quick look at my toon. I have hit a brick wall at tier 12 maps. I am getting one shotted alot. this is my 14th frost blades build so I feel like I've missed something important. Look forward to you pointing out what foolish mistake I have made :)
"
syphotheunclean a écrit :
Hey mate thanks for the guide. Just wondering if you could please have a quick look at my toon. I have hit a brick wall at tier 12 maps. I am getting one shotted alot. this is my 14th frost blades build so I feel like I've missed something important. Look forward to you pointing out what foolish mistake I have made :)

I don't really see anything wrong with anything you have done. I was playing juiced tier14s with much worse gear before I quite the frostblades character for this league. Having really bad fps drops and playing melee is kinda impossible if you can't dodge anything due to lag.

Only thing I can think of is your playstyle. A big part of why I liked this build is that I don't enjoy builds that just facetank everything, and with Abyssus, you definitely cant do that. - The Tier12 clear video that I have uploaded in the video section shows that the playstyle should look like. That was a corrupted map with enemy +life mods and my damage was way lower than yours and I was not really ever taking any damage.

This league they did up monster damage, reduced our defenses and lowered our damage though - This affects melee players the most since we are the only ones who actually have to go to monster attack range in order to deal damage. And due to lowered damage if you cant kill everything instantly, things will start hitting you back. There is really nothing to be done about that, GGG has been balancing this game around totems/brands and minions for the past 3 years and melee has been losing its effectiveness.

Edit - Actually I missed some things. Vaal Ancestral Warchief and Ancestral protector can stack. So use both of them - Protector is good during mapping since it lasts for 12 seconds.

Also there is no accuracy on your gear. Are you sure you are capped at 100% accuracy? Lowered hit chance takes a big chunk out of your damage. If you weren't able to find a shaper ring with accuracy stat, jewels can also have quite a lot of accuracy. It's the reason why I was running level 2 precision - It helps a little bit.

Also for jewels prioritize Crit multi. For your normal jewel in tree, Id reccommend a 30+crit multi and 8% attack speed one. Abyss jewels should prioritize "attack speeed if crit recently" and added flat cold damage.

But make sure to cap your accuracy.
Dernière édition par TeL_, le 31 juil. 2021 07:16:04

Edit - Actually I missed some things. Vaal Ancestral Warchief and Ancestral protector can stack. So use both of them - Protector is good during mapping since it lasts for 12 seconds.

Also for jewels prioritize Crit multi. For your normal jewel in tree, Id reccommend a 30+crit multi and 8% attack speed one. Abyss jewels should prioritize "attack speeed if crit recently" and added flat cold damage.

Wicked thanks for taking the time to look man. Will look to change your suggestions. What are your thoughts on Farruls fur? This usually is what I aim for. Will get the toon to 95 and if things don't get better I may have to try something different, it really feels like a 'ranged' league to be honest because some of the new mechanics you don't really want to be near.

thanks again will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

You got any suggestions about high-end tier like watcher eye, timeless jewel ?
"
qwerty22121998 a écrit :
You got any suggestions about high-end tier like watcher eye, timeless jewel ?

Hatred Added flat cold/Critical strike are the best. But these are really expensive

Haven't really checked out timeless jewels.

"
syphotheunclean a écrit :

Wicked thanks for taking the time to look man. Will look to change your suggestions. What are your thoughts on Farruls fur? This usually is what I aim for. Will get the toon to 95 and if things don't get better I may have to try something different, it really feels like a 'ranged' league to be honest because some of the new mechanics you don't really want to be near.

thanks again will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Farruls fur is great for the frenzy charges, but if you use Hydrosphere to keep up frenzy charges then there is no need for it. We don't get extra frenzy charge effectiveness from our ascendancy, so each frenzy charge is only worth 4% more damage which means taking extra frenzy charges on the tree is only +2% per point - That is less effective than all the other nodes that I have taken.

I think an influenced body armor with +1.5% crit will be better - You should especially see the difference during mapping when you will start getting good amount of HoI shatter chains.

If you got the money for it, you can also get Hatred Crit watchers eye, for near 100% crit chance.

But yeah, Melee has really been getting shafted. If the next league is playable I'll probably also play a ranged instead of melee. Been trying out a new Rolling Magma build I came up with, and will probably start with Assassin version of that. Can clear red maps at level 75 with 3c items so yeah, Melee is becoming more and more dead unless you can afford instaphase level DPS.
Dernière édition par TeL_, le 1 août 2021 05:32:31
I have few questions, sorry if they were answered but with few changes to your build I might have missed some things.

What exactly should be the gem setup with enlighten gem?

If I can afford Watcher's Eye, I understand we assume 3 jewel sockets in total so it's 2x Fight for Survival + Watcher's Eye?

What's the upgrade to weapons?

I have under 5k life and some boss fights, especially Maven invitations kill me very fast if there are slow mechanics. I keep picking life nodes but it doesn't seem to be improving. Would you say damage and armor are more important than life at this stage?

Thanks in advance for any help.
ign: Krowa_IX HC | RacingCow races
"
Chaosu a écrit :
I have few questions, sorry if they were answered but with few changes to your build I might have missed some things.

What exactly should be the gem setup with enlighten gem?

If I can afford Watcher's Eye, I understand we assume 3 jewel sockets in total so it's 2x Fight for Survival + Watcher's Eye?

What's the upgrade to weapons?

I have under 5k life and some boss fights, especially Maven invitations kill me very fast if there are slow mechanics. I keep picking life nodes but it doesn't seem to be improving. Would you say damage and armor are more important than life at this stage?

Thanks in advance for any help.

For Enlighten, If you want to run Precision for the added Accuracy, the setups shoul be Hatre-Precision-Skitterbots-Enlighten.

If you have enough Accuracy, then just run Hatred-HoI-Skitterbots-Enlighten. This will also give you more damage during mapping against some of the overtuned rare aura monsters.

As for Watchers Eye, either take a cluster jewel socket, or trade out one of the normal jewels for it.

For survivability - This league has really lowered our damage and I felt that too. Removing just 25% of our damage means that bosses that would have been dead before they can do anything now can be actually dangerous.

As I already answered another guy earlier - This is sorta the state of every melee skill in the game right now: You either have enough DPS to instakill/Instaphase bosses or survivability starts feeling really bad.

Basically, another 200 life won't really change anything, even another 1000 life wont change anything if you have to sacrifice damage and take 20% longer to kill the boss because of it.

What is your DPS currently? Is it enough to reliably get you to max leech(1200 life per second) against a single enemy? If it's not, then you can try taking the 2 life leech nodes after the life/mana leech node. Getting an extra 600 life leeched every second should feel much better than just flat 200 life, as long as you don't get literally one shot.

Make sure you try to avoid hits with leap slam and you can even try to switch leap slam out for whirling blades. I dislike whirling blades because they can't cross terrain, but it casts and moves much faster than leap slam so it's easier to dodge boss attacks with it.

Unfortunately, melee builds like this might just not be viable starting from this patch - They keep buffing boss damage and making it impossible to actually safely attack bosses from meleee range. Unless you can kill a boss in 3 seconds it gets extremely dangerous.

With the state of this game, the best bet is to just stack damage as much as possible and instaphase bosses.
Is it better if I use paradoxical with the savior, and use lvl 4 enlighten instead of 2x ichimonji?
And could I use the same cluster jewel as Fiver's version ( replace the cold conduction with 2x crit )
"
qwerty22121998 a écrit :
Is it better if I use paradoxical with the savior, and use lvl 4 enlighten instead of 2x ichimonji?
And could I use the same cluster jewel as Fiver's version ( replace the cold conduction with 2x crit )

I think that would be a damage upgrade yes, But as Paradoxica doesn't have an Accuracy implicit, remember to make up for it with either ring or jewels.

As for clusters - I checked out pretty much every combination of cluster jewel before making this build, and it always led to the same thing - It was not as effective as spending the points on the regular tree.

You either lose a lot of life by not taking the life nodes on the left side of the tree, or you lose damage because the cluster jewels are not as effective as the points on the right side of the tree.

However if a cluster jewel helps you get to the "instaphase/instakill bosses before they can hit you" or "Kill monsters in Tier16 triple beyond maps in 1 hit" then at that point dropping the life nodes for the cluster jewels would be alright.
Videos are delirium league.

I think the problem is this league nerfs.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires