[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

What's the reasoning behind going self-cast + totem TR instead of totem TR + self-cast CA?
"
Merwise a écrit :
What's the reasoning behind going self-cast + totem TR instead of totem TR + self-cast CA?

It is because we scale AS and also use the selfcast as a utility attack. Meaning, we have withering touch and LGoH on the selfcast. My understanding is that TR hits more and scales off attack speed. There’s nothing wrong with going CA if that’s your preference, but I felt better with TR. For those that choose CA, it’s really all about faster clear speed. I’m comfortable with the clear speed of the current setup.
~Donkster5
Hi, thanks OP for the amazing build!

Just want to share my thought and experience on playing this build in soft-core trade league.

I made some changes for myself for second Cluster (since I was playing in soft-core trade league) and spent a lot of currencies into crafting most of the gear myself.

The reason for me to try out this build was because I had a Level 98 Champion lying around (was playing the tanky Minion Instability build) and I need some build that can do high-tier juiced blighted map with minimal efforts, and ignore the proximity shield from the mobs. Hence, Toxic Rain + Ballista was the way to go.

My blighted map strategy was just building Temporal, Stone Gaze, and Ice Cage tower near the Pump and spam some totem from time to time at the center.

-----

My Current Gears: (at the time of posting)

Spoiler

* I accidentaly woke orb an Elevated -Chaos Resistance Hunter Helmet with a T2 Fortify Effect Crusader Helmet because I forgot that the fortify effect has two tier (and I was sleepy at the time)

* I'm still trying to farm Harvest to replace my AOE weapon enchant to Attack Speed.

Spoiler

- I started the build with around 20x, spend majority of them crafting the Bow, bought the Amulet, and some mid-tier quiver and gloves. Combined with the rest of the gear that I already had (rings, helmet and boots without Influenced mod). After I get the build going I spent another ~40ex to crafts the Helmet, Gloves and Quiver and getting the Watcher's Eyes.

- I use a Carcass Jack despite the AOE overlapping nerf because I found the QOL for Mapping (especially in a Ultimatum encounter) is still good and I can get behind the lower boss damage (can still do Sirus at A9).

- I didn't use self-cast TR myself in my chest because I'm lazy and wanted to just focus purely on totem. I had +3 Withering Step on my helmet and a Ritual of Shadow (Wither on Hit) without additional pathing from my Glorious Vanity so I don't have to spam for Wither Stacks. Bossing was just attack with Frenzy 3 times to get frenzy charges and apply Despair on boss.

- Didn't go for 100% Ailment immunity because I can't get open suffix in my Helmet and using a unique chest, reaching 100% would be too much investment for me. I opt for Enduring Composure + CWDT Immortal Call for my defense.

- Use Dread Banner because I can't afford Flesh and Stone reservation and Dread Banner has -Accuracy Aura (not as good as Blind but help a bit)

Video(s):

Spoiler

A9 Sirus Kill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc4NG5tpgs8
EZ Blighted Map layout (T14) - https://youtu.be/kpNsVbL5D1c
Shitty Blighted Map Layout (T13) - https://youtu.be/hlwnohpMs58
A9 The Feared - Not deathless =( https://youtu.be/u1TjwJyYAzM
Simulacrum - https://youtu.be/GV45WT2AtM4
Deathless Maven - https://youtu.be/exSxvQoqWmI

-----

Anyway thanks again for the build and sorry for the long post XD

-----

Some Updates:
Spoiler

I was able to get 100% chill and freeze ailment avoidance by swapping to a rare chest with 30% ailment avoidance and using an abyss jewels with avoidance:

To offset the loss of AOE from Carcass Jack I change my flask setup (remove anti-freeze) to include one Dying Sun, the extra proj and AOE is good for clearing (especially Ultimatum).

Since I'm using Curse on hit frenzy on my chest instead of self-cast another Toxic Rain, I'll just not use any flask during boss fight.

The "Gain Endurance Charge every second" mod on the chest allowed me to remove Enduring Composure from my cluster jewel setup, thus open up a space for another DPS clusters:

I'm picking totem base instead of another DOT base because despite the slightly lower DPS, the extra totem placement speed they provide is a big QOL improvement, especially in high tier content where we need to replace our totem very often.

After running a few harvest's lab I was able to get the "Enemies Maimed by you take 8% increased Damage Over Time" on my belt.

I swapped out my Withering Touch Support from my Frenzy Curse on Hit setup with a Maim Support to take advantage of that.

Losing out the Withering Touch is alright because all hit from my totem already had 25% chance to wither on hit (3-4 pod explode and one projectile hit per attack per totem) from my Timeless Jewels. Together with the +3 Withering Step Helmet enchant should be okay.

Found a boots with Elevated Ailment Avoidance, T1 Life and open suffix on the trade site for 6ex, decided to buy it and craft Aspect of Spider, and farm Aisling to finishing it up:

Now I'm sitting at 100% ailment avoidance for all elemental ailment.

Decided to upgrade my chest piece since I still had extra Awakener's Orb and some currency (as well as Jun's mission)

The reason behind choosing the Non-Curse Aura is it's a suffix that bring the most DPS improvement to us (around ~6% for me).

I decided to woke suffix because that will be easier to craft if they land any prefix.

The best outcome for me would be rolling the "Nearby enemies are blinded" prefix from woking them (or keep rerolling prefix), didn't managed to get that but settle for some life.

Refunded the Scion Life node and use a thread of hope to grabs the 25% skill effect duration (bid dps increase for bossing).

At the same time I removed the life rolls from my chest piece by trying to reforge it to higher value, depleted my Exalt bank and had to use it without a life roll.

In order to retain >5k life i had to get rid of the small "Brush with Death" cluster and replace it with a Fettle one (Some DPS loss):

Kill Maven (deathless), The Feared (one death) with this gear.

----

Recraft my body armour and settle with Multimod, this allow me to get rid of the Fettle small cluster and use a DPS Jewels. Doing this also free up 2 passive point and I allocated +1 Frenzy Charges for more DPS.

Dernière édition par the_overmind92, le 13 juil. 2021 00:29:16
"
the_overmind92 a écrit :

Just want to share my thought and experience on playing this build in soft-core trade league.

I love this. Thanks a bunch for making the post.

I remember taking a TR trickster to 2+ full cluster jewel sets and a thread of hope in Harvest league. That thing cooked everything.

That “mistake” helm is some sweet sweet
goodness.

I would like to link a video or two of yours when I update for 3.15 so long as you don’t mind.

Thanks again!
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 a écrit :

I would like to link a video or two of yours when I update for 3.15 so long as you don’t mind.

No issue on that. =)

PS: The life roll of the helmet came straight out of woke orb so that made me feels a bit better from my mistake XD

Just wanted to say thanks for the good build. I have been running HC SSF and made it to level 70 before I died to some explosions in Belly Of the Beast Act 9. I'm gonna keep going with it in SSF and use this as my build for the next league. I LOVE playing SSF, it makes it more interesting so that I do not have to worry about the price of everything or buying the next big thing. My exile is _WellSee_.
"
the_overmind92 a écrit :
No issue on that. =)

Thank you.
~Donkster5
"
johnnieTrek a écrit :
Just wanted to say thanks for the good build. I have been running HC SSF and made it to level 70 before I died to some explosions in Belly Of the Beast Act 9. I'm gonna keep going with it in SSF and use this as my build for the next league. I LOVE playing SSF, it makes it more interesting so that I do not have to worry about the price of everything or buying the next big thing. My exile is _WellSee_.

That's awesome. It's a lot of fun trying out the different playstyles. I bet you learned a ton in the SSFHC run. Each time, you'll feel more comfortable. At least, that's been my experience. There's no shame in migrating over to trade at some point as well if you feel like you've hit a impenetrable wall. Going full endgame in SSF takes serious commitment.
~Donkster5
hi
i don't know if this is good news or not but Karvarousku is making exact same build in the stream (HCSSF). he is Enjoying it a lot.

Well, I’m glad he’s enjoying it. I didn’t watch any, but the stream title was named ED Champ. Maybe he’s leveling with it to do a ED build at endgame? That’d be pretty cool as I haven’t seen it done before.

"
lordfratos a écrit :
hi
he is Enjoying it a lot.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 12 juil. 2021 23:59:36

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires