[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
the_overmind92 a écrit :
@Overmind92

To everyone, I would just like to point out that the_overmind92 is the first person I know of to kill the feared with this build, and he nearly does it deathless. Go check out his videos as he’s got a bunch of the bosses, a simulacrum, and A9. His two cluster version melts hard content.

Bravo, sir.

Edit: His build post on on page 19. Videos are there as well.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 12 juil. 2021 23:05:51
Focused Ballista Support potentially increases this builds damage.
Can anyone confirm if the Conqueror and Worthy Foe ascendancy's benefit me if my totems do the killing?
"
Schtauffen a écrit :

I don't think I will use Focus Ballista support (at least for mapping) because the points of totem build was the automation (100% DPS uptime when dodging). Focus Ballista make your totem only attack when you attack (like the DH set from Diablo 3 if you played before).

Not sure if losing a dps support link (need to see full patch notes for the nerf) and the 100% dps uptime is worth the addition attack speed. (Attacking with Frenzy instead of self-cast TR would be crazy fast)
This might sound out of topic but I'm wondering if the new Storm Rain gem would fit into this build.

"
the_overmind92 a écrit :
"
Schtauffen a écrit :

I don't think I will use Focus Ballista support (at least for mapping) because the points of totem build was the automation (100% DPS uptime when dodging). Focus Ballista make your totem only attack when you attack (like the DH set from Diablo 3 if you played before).

Not sure if losing a dps support link (need to see full patch notes for the nerf) and the 100% dps uptime is worth the addition attack speed. (Attacking with Frenzy instead of self-cast TR would be crazy fast)

"
thatoldmfsorc1 a écrit :
Can anyone confirm if the Conqueror and Worthy Foe ascendancy's benefit me if my totems do the killing?

"
trifrost263 a écrit :
This might sound out of topic but I'm wondering if the new Storm Rain gem would fit into this build.

@the_overmind92 and @Schtauffen, I agree with the_overmind92 on this one. Focused ballista seems to be geared more toward BTs that fire projectiles that need to hit the target vs more Area Damage projectiles. My thought is that it would be amazing in an explosive arrow BT setup. I might do a rough PoB for that and play with it given enough time next league.

@thatoldmfsorc1 - I can confirm that Conqueror and Worthy Foe ascendancy benefit you. There is some pretty specific language that deals with this in the wiki.

@trifrost263 - I don't think its off topic at all. Storm rain seems like a natural fit into a similar tree. Honestly, I saw that reveal and immediately thought about combining my Toxic Tank tree with my Bright Knight tree (VLS Champ). Obviously, it remains to be seen how we can scale the damage of Storm Rain, but if multiple beams can hit a monster, having 5 totems dole them out will put a lot of death on the ground. If we have to scale another way, it might be harder to get as powerful as the TR version. I need to know whether Trinity will work as that would be make Storm Rain very interesting.
~Donkster5
I am someone who read builds and follow builds. Because of that I am also a big noob when it comes to crafting gears. Do you have any recommended links to read when crafting bow and other gears?

@Donkster5 and @the_overmind92

Or does anyone have recommended links to guides to read on how to craft gears?
Dernière édition par Sazzbot, le 19 juil. 2021 07:41:42
"
Sazzbot a écrit :
I am someone who read builds and follow builds. Because of that I am also a big noob when it comes to crafting gears. Do you have any recommended links to read when crafting bow and other gears?

Specifically for a bow, here’s good info. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3078555/page/1

For other gear, use a combination of craft of exile (website) for self learning and asking specific questions. it’s probably best to ask crafting questions for gear I recommend on my discord. There’s a section for it. There are also crafting sections in other various path of exile discord channels that are pretty helpful.
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
Sazzbot a écrit :

Specifically for a bow, here’s good info. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3078555/page/1

For other gear, use a combination of craft of exile (website) for self learning and asking specific questions. it’s probably best to ask crafting questions for gear I recommend on my discord. There’s a section for it. There are also crafting sections in other various path of exile discord channels that are pretty helpful.

Big thanks.

Also the manifesto of nerfs is out. Did this build survive?
Dernière édition par Sazzbot, le 19 juil. 2021 19:20:05
"
Sazzbot a écrit :
"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
Sazzbot a écrit :

Big thanks.

Also the manifesto of nerfs is out. Did this build survive?

Yes. I just posted this in my other build guide, “last league I freaked out about the TR nerfs to my Toxic Rain Totem build, and they ended up being nbd. They took the top off of super high end TR builds but did next to nothing to (or slightly buffed) ones that didn’t try to scale one modifier (area of effect for pod overlap) into oblivion. I’m looking at this in a very similar manner.

Positives for this build:
1. we stack fortify but not as a single defensive mechanic, rather…
2. we layer other defenses on top of each other

TBD: How Ward may be implemented to reduce impact of fortify nerf?”

Also, the DoT multi weapon mod buff may make getting a really strong endgame bow easier and better.

Edit: Cluster Jewel nerf is significant only for scaling damage way above what my PoB already has. Min/maxing above these recommendations is now harder… enjoy your build for the moment @the_overmind92
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 19 juil. 2021 20:00:51

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires