[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
impact1560 a écrit :
Hello

I love the build so far, but I'm not good with crafting. I tried using Crafting Emulator, but I'm still not following. Can you recommend a good crafter to help with making the items?

Crafting is a lot of fun and is good opportunity to learn some crafting mechanic for future character too.

I wouldn't recommend going to a crafter to craft item, and I don't know any crafter either :)
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
Hi!

First of all, thanks for the detailed build guide!

Just wanted to share a few experiences I've made with the build so far:

1) I think this is pretty obvious, but for the first early crit version chest you can take literally any elder or hunter influenced 6-link. Ideally if it is a str or a str/dex - str/int base, otherwize you will never get the 6 red sockets.

Buying a 6-linked influenced astral plate at the start of the league is pretty much impossible - there are barely any available and those that are will cost you a lot.

2) I've decided to go for the crafted staff as soon as possible and made it literally my first upgrade after gearing up for the early crit version. I think it was the right call. Gearing while worrying about accuracy with not much currency available is a nightmare and the crafted staff was a nice DPS boost.

3) Be prepared that RNG can be a bitch. The crafting guide for the staff mentions 6 essences on average to hit T5+ attack speed or Crit Chance. It does not mention, however, that you can have absolutely terrible luck :D

I've managed to hit t1 attack speed on my second essence, then annulled it and did not see a single attack speed higher than T8 in over 30 essences. And every crit chance I got was with too many affixes, so I just rolled over until finally hitting 2-2 crit chance suffix and landing the annul. The essence crafting cost me around 3-4 Ex. I know I got INCREDIBLY unlucky, but just putting it here as a fair warning. Don't give up, keep farming, you might get lucky on your next craft.

4) Bosses are tough this league.

The early crit version intro states:

"The goal of this build is to help you progress further into more challenging game content like A8 Awakener, Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder etc."

and while I've managed to down all 4 new bosses and all 4 conquerors with 70-80 iiq witnessed by Maven, I'm not very comfortable attempting Sirus. All those fights were won with at least 1 death and it took a while.

Also some map bosses (Crypt and Burial Chambers, I'm looking at you!) take forever to kill, even with mild map mods. I cannot shake the feeling that GGG accidentally over-tuned something. I don't remember map bosses ever being an issue in this game.

5) Ngamahu, Flame's advance feels TERRIBLE. It's just too much power that you randomly get a taste of before it inevitably gets taken away from you. I imagine for a fast attacking build it won't be very noticeable - just a nice buff you get from time to time. But for a slow slammer it often feels like if you don't line up your slam with the buff, you hit like a wet noodle (which is not necessarily true, but straight up 100% MORE damage is noticeable, especially when you suddenly don't have it). Almost makes me think whether the build would feel better on a different more consistent ascendancy even if it means losing a big chunk of DPS.

5) I've shuffled around the auras a little bit. This is likely not super optimal, but I found it works well enough for me:

In my current gear, I only have 7.6k Armour when all flasks are up and 3.6k without. This makes using Molten Shell kinda silly. I honestly don't see much point in using it with 10k armour either.

This build sustains endurance charges stupidly easy and I've always wanted to see what Immortal Call can feel like when taken full advantage of. So I dropped my totem to a 4-link and started using CWDT + Immortal Call. Currently lvl 18, but I'm planning to take both gems to lvl 20.

On top of that, I've swapped skitterbots for arctic armour, which allowed me to use fully upgraded Soul of Solaris instead of Brine King. The build started feeling so much tankier, it's amazing! I barely ever get one-shot, even upon eating a full barrage of projectiles from Baran or Eater of Worlds mobs.

Overall the build is a blast to pay. There is something about tectonic slam with fist of war that is so damn satisfying. And exploding screens with a single hit is amazing. Slowly pushing build further, hopefully I'll be able to kill endgame bosses in 3 bonks some day this league :D

Thanks again for the detailed guide, crafting instructions and your continuous engagement in this thread!
Hi!

Thank you for the guide. I started the league with it. Due to time constraints i have only gotten to yellow maps till now, but i like the playstyle quite a lot.

I read about the new omniscience amulet that gives elemental penetration. Since tectonic slam deals fire damage, could this be a good choice for example for the starter build?

Accuracy shouldnt matter due to Resolute Technique, right?
"
CaptainKotenkin a écrit :
Hi!

First of all, thanks for the detailed build guide!

Just wanted to share a few experiences I've made with the build so far:

1) I think this is pretty obvious, but for the first early crit version chest you can take literally any elder or hunter influenced 6-link. Ideally if it is a str or a str/dex - str/int base, otherwize you will never get the 6 red sockets.

Buying a 6-linked influenced astral plate at the start of the league is pretty much impossible - there are barely any available and those that are will cost you a lot.

2) I've decided to go for the crafted staff as soon as possible and made it literally my first upgrade after gearing up for the early crit version. I think it was the right call. Gearing while worrying about accuracy with not much currency available is a nightmare and the crafted staff was a nice DPS boost.

3) Be prepared that RNG can be a bitch. The crafting guide for the staff mentions 6 essences on average to hit T5+ attack speed or Crit Chance. It does not mention, however, that you can have absolutely terrible luck :D

I've managed to hit t1 attack speed on my second essence, then annulled it and did not see a single attack speed higher than T8 in over 30 essences. And every crit chance I got was with too many affixes, so I just rolled over until finally hitting 2-2 crit chance suffix and landing the annul. The essence crafting cost me around 3-4 Ex. I know I got INCREDIBLY unlucky, but just putting it here as a fair warning. Don't give up, keep farming, you might get lucky on your next craft.

4) Bosses are tough this league.

The early crit version intro states:

"The goal of this build is to help you progress further into more challenging game content like A8 Awakener, Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder etc."

and while I've managed to down all 4 new bosses and all 4 conquerors with 70-80 iiq witnessed by Maven, I'm not very comfortable attempting Sirus. All those fights were won with at least 1 death and it took a while.

Also some map bosses (Crypt and Burial Chambers, I'm looking at you!) take forever to kill, even with mild map mods. I cannot shake the feeling that GGG accidentally over-tuned something. I don't remember map bosses ever being an issue in this game.

5) Ngamahu, Flame's advance feels TERRIBLE. It's just too much power that you randomly get a taste of before it inevitably gets taken away from you. I imagine for a fast attacking build it won't be very noticeable - just a nice buff you get from time to time. But for a slow slammer it often feels like if you don't line up your slam with the buff, you hit like a wet noodle (which is not necessarily true, but straight up 100% MORE damage is noticeable, especially when you suddenly don't have it). Almost makes me think whether the build would feel better on a different more consistent ascendancy even if it means losing a big chunk of DPS.

5) I've shuffled around the auras a little bit. This is likely not super optimal, but I found it works well enough for me:

In my current gear, I only have 7.6k Armour when all flasks are up and 3.6k without. This makes using Molten Shell kinda silly. I honestly don't see much point in using it with 10k armour either.

This build sustains endurance charges stupidly easy and I've always wanted to see what Immortal Call can feel like when taken full advantage of. So I dropped my totem to a 4-link and started using CWDT + Immortal Call. Currently lvl 18, but I'm planning to take both gems to lvl 20.

On top of that, I've swapped skitterbots for arctic armour, which allowed me to use fully upgraded Soul of Solaris instead of Brine King. The build started feeling so much tankier, it's amazing! I barely ever get one-shot, even upon eating a full barrage of projectiles from Baran or Eater of Worlds mobs.

Overall the build is a blast to pay. There is something about tectonic slam with fist of war that is so damn satisfying. And exploding screens with a single hit is amazing. Slowly pushing build further, hopefully I'll be able to kill endgame bosses in 3 bonks some day this league :D

Thanks again for the detailed guide, crafting instructions and your continuous engagement in this thread!

Thank you for trying out the build and providing such a detailed response!

Interestingly, I've tested arctic armor and immortal call in earlier leagues and found them not as good as current setup. I guess it depends on the content.

Overall, you made pretty good adjustments of the build and it is always good to see people experimenting different aspects of the build. Look forward to further updates!
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
"
Elathiridor a écrit :
Hi!

Thank you for the guide. I started the league with it. Due to time constraints i have only gotten to yellow maps till now, but i like the playstyle quite a lot.

I read about the new omniscience amulet that gives elemental penetration. Since tectonic slam deals fire damage, could this be a good choice for example for the starter build?

Accuracy shouldnt matter due to Resolute Technique, right?

Yeah I saw that unique, but that unique probably requires some good attribute stacking to work well, currently I do not recommend that unique with current gear and tree setup. But it is definitely an interesting idea.

Accuracy won't matter when we have resolute technique. But when we switch to early crit gear, we no longer use resolute technique so that we can start crit.
Dernière édition par JennoJoyce, le 13 févr. 2022 20:51:07
Hi everyone, thanks for the guide, my thoughts after 93lvl and killing bosses up to Sirus including him:
real DPS of this build is aroung 500k in 10+ex gear (6link of course). DPS in POB boosted by million buffs with few seconds uptime including random ngamahu passive, keeping promised 5kk dps is million miles away from reality during boss fight. Build is fine for early mapping (T14 and below), but it's not really comfortable compare to meta builds.
"
fallman2 a écrit :

I do mean the second round of the fight, not the first. after farming 14 maps of Searing influence, you get another invitation but you can apply map mods to it. I did a magic version with mods that don't matter at all(-20% spell suppression chance since we don't have spell suppression in this build). I'm pretty certain the subsequent fights are way harder since I cleared it no issue on the first story fight.

Well now that I've hit lv93 and invested up to the mark of "Early End-game Version" for much less than 50ex (missing stuff like enchantments on gear but have key components like the body armour) I'd say that bossing with this build has felt way better compared to the previous version. I'm able to tank some boss hits now including Sirus' attacks and can farm him comfortably. Can also do Maven observed Conquerors somewhat easily but struggle with the Elderslayers Invitation itself from all the aoe attacks. I feel like the power of this build really spiked when making the Maelstrom Staff with the "Hits can't be Evaded" craft as the damage is now much more consistent and clearing packs with slams is extremely satisfying. I do think that the damage is very far off from instadeleting conquerors as shown in the showcase so I guess the next step will also have a decent dps boost but I'm already doing pretty respectable damage. One thing I do think is kinda misleading is that the PoBs using max levelled awakened gems which takes awhile and people are unlikely to have those before even being able to upgrade to the next tier of gear.

That aside, I'm now looking to upgrade to the final min maxed gearset slowly. Is there any priority for upgrading for this one? I'm thinking of going gloves first since my gloves kinda suck right now and I do need more block chance.
"
UsualNickname a écrit :
Hi everyone, thanks for the guide, my thoughts after 93lvl and killing bosses up to Sirus including him:
real DPS of this build is aroung 500k in 10+ex gear (6link of course). DPS in POB boosted by million buffs with few seconds uptime including random ngamahu passive, keeping promised 5kk dps is million miles away from reality during boss fight. Build is fine for early mapping (T14 and below), but it's not really comfortable compare to meta builds.

Hi, in the POB config the only random buff that we cannot control is the Ngamahu, even with that disabled we still have 4.8M DPS in the midcrit POB.

However if the build isn't played correctly (like not maintaining endurance charges, not warcry properly during boss), then of course the build isn't getting the damage that it should have.

Feel free to point out any buff in config and I am willing to explain why the buff can be maintained during boss fight.
Dernière édition par JennoJoyce, le 14 févr. 2022 11:30:07
"
fallman2 a écrit :

Well now that I've hit lv93 and invested up to the mark of "Early End-game Version" for much less than 50ex (missing stuff like enchantments on gear but have key components like the body armour) I'd say that bossing with this build has felt way better compared to the previous version. I'm able to tank some boss hits now including Sirus' attacks and can farm him comfortably. Can also do Maven observed Conquerors somewhat easily but struggle with the Elderslayers Invitation itself from all the aoe attacks. I feel like the power of this build really spiked when making the Maelstrom Staff with the "Hits can't be Evaded" craft as the damage is now much more consistent and clearing packs with slams is extremely satisfying. I do think that the damage is very far off from instadeleting conquerors as shown in the showcase so I guess the next step will also have a decent dps boost but I'm already doing pretty respectable damage. One thing I do think is kinda misleading is that the PoBs using max levelled awakened gems which takes awhile and people are unlikely to have those before even being able to upgrade to the next tier of gear.

That aside, I'm now looking to upgrade to the final min maxed gearset slowly. Is there any priority for upgrading for this one? I'm thinking of going gloves first since my gloves kinda suck right now and I do need more block chance.

Yeah only the final minmaxed gear will be able to one tap A8/9 conquerors.

Regarding minmaxed upgrade order, you could work on glove first, then I suggest working on a good final weapon. A weapon can increase the damage of the build by more than 2 times, and is definitely the most significant source of improvement.
I've recently made the move to the early crit version of the build but i cant seem to role a good chest piece. I don't get harvest much in my maps so even after 50+ maps I've only got it a handfull of times. is it worth to respec passive tree into harvest?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires