[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
paLe1337 a écrit :
"
Dofolo a écrit :
They are buffing SST, again!

I ran this several leagues as a starter, and it always does great ... wasn't planning on 3.15 with it, but looks like throwing shields is back on the menu :D

Sounds pretty good. Maybe some day a hit based SST will be viable :D.

Also with the new Bash skill able to Shotgun. That could be a Single Target swap setup.

We just need to apply our bleed stacks so I doubt its worth a swap or build rejig to include it. I just hope the numbers on the buffed SST are good and that they didn't nerf the support gems too hard if at all.
Thanks for the build!

I'm just curious if someone tried to make a crit version of this build?

I have some ideas in mind but for new skill Shield Crush.
"
MajorSadist a écrit :

We just need to apply our bleed stacks so I doubt its worth a swap or build rejig to include it. I just hope the numbers on the buffed SST are good and that they didn't nerf the support gems too hard if at all.

Yes. The Bash thing will do nothing for this build.

That's why i wrote Hit based. I tested a lot of different Impale SST Characters last seasons. It's nearly playable, but can't keep up with the cheap gearing and playstyle of the Bleed version. But maybe with some new buffs and the Bash for Single Target :)
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
"
paLe1337 a écrit :
"
MajorSadist a écrit :

That's why i wrote Hit based. I tested a lot of different Impale SST Characters last seasons. It's nearly playable, but can't keep up with the cheap gearing and playstyle of the Bleed version. But maybe with some new buffs and the Bash for Single Target :)

can you refer a elemental variation for sst?

ty
Dernière édition par Iwfen, le 19 juil. 2021 19:54:23
"
Iwfen a écrit :
"
paLe1337 a écrit :
"
MajorSadist a écrit :

can you refer a elemental variation for sst?

ty

The only other version I've seen is raider with full cold conversion.
Well the manifesto is out lads and even though we have not seen the numbers yet it looks like SST might be getting a buff over all.

They said they are reworking some DoT nodes on the tree and on clusters so we might lose a bit of damage there but the big thing is that SST doesn't need the threshold jewel anymore, it is inbuilt in to the skill now.

Also SST is meant to get "greatly boosted damage" along with all shield skills. I think this means they scale even harder with your shield stats now, perhaps 30% - 40% increased damage.

They also buffed DoT weapons which is great for our stat stick.

If they don't hit the support gems too hard we may be a top build this league perhaps.

GET HYPED LADS!
Dernière édition par MajorSadist, le 19 juil. 2021 21:12:35
I am going to be trying this out as a league start build and the new Shield Crush skill looks like it will go nicely with this build since it also scales off your shields stats and 2 of the 3 waves can overlap giving on one target effectively doubling its single target damage potential.

for those that have played this build before can you shotgun the shield throw or would it still be better to use shield crush on single targets depending on its dps ?
Dernière édition par askjosh, le 20 juil. 2021 02:03:54
Well I was going to pick this or eye of winter totems for league starter, but after the manifesto I think it is settled and bleed shield throw it is.

It's such a defensive powerhouse and yes the bleed doesn't insta melt everything. The whole point is, I'm not dieing :D

Now if it only were friday already :/

"
Spectral Shield Throw was used almost exclusively with its threshold jewel, Divide and Conquer, at high levels. Because of this, we've changed the skill to naturally have behaviour similar to what Divide and Conquer applied. It will release all projectiles each time it chains (making it far stronger than before with sources of additional projectiles), and comes with a number of chains. While reviewing this skill, we've made changes to all skills that deal damage based on Shield Defences, greatly boosting their damage. These skills no longer gain critical strike chance per energy shield, a mechanic that was used very rarely. Instead, the Divide and Conquer threshold jewel has been reworked, and is now called Seething Fury. Seething Fury provides bonuses to critical strike chance and multiplier to Shield Charge, Spectral Shield Throw and Shield Crush, based on the Energy Shield from your Shield, making this an option for builds that do want to use Energy Shield based shields with these skills.

Not sure if I like this though, I doubt the loss of like 50 to 75% armor on a shield is compensated with the crit increase. Have to see the amounts I guess.
Save

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires