[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

Quick question...

Can someone more knowledgeable explain to me the difference in effectiveness between the aura setup of Aspect of the Spider vs Herald of Purity?

As I understand it. Aspect of the Spider increases our Damage over Time by 60% on those affected by webs. And Purity gives only 12% physical damage, with Maim on hit, another 14% damage. As most of our damage is over time wouldn't the Spider thing be more??

Another thing to consider, is the suggested Sinistral Gloves that give +% damage to offhand hit. Does this only affect our hit or the bleed also? (not sure as i dont see bleed damage increasing with gloves on).

Finally. If I used the Spider Gloves, the Ancestral Totem setup could be used with it to maim and increase attack speed.

So, as I don't know the full details of these skills overall. Which is better? Spider/Totems or Purity/Sinitral ?

Thanks again! :)

"
Kreicus a écrit :
Quick question...

Can someone more knowledgeable explain to me the difference in effectiveness between the aura setup of Aspect of the Spider vs Herald of Purity?

As I understand it. Aspect of the Spider increases our Damage over Time by 60% on those affected by webs. And Purity gives only 12% physical damage, with Maim on hit, another 14% damage. As most of our damage is over time wouldn't the Spider thing be more??

Another thing to consider, is the suggested Sinistral Gloves that give +% damage to offhand hit. Does this only affect our hit or the bleed also? (not sure as i dont see bleed damage increasing with gloves on).

Finally. If I used the Spider Gloves, the Ancestral Totem setup could be used with it to maim and increase attack speed.

So, as I don't know the full details of these skills overall. Which is better? Spider/Totems or Purity/Sinitral ?

Thanks again! :)

Aspect of the Spider gives 15% increased Damage taken for enemies. The gloves give only 60% increased for yourself, but Herald of Purity is a more multiplier.

Purity is also always up, while with Spider you have to stay in range and stack it up. But you gain an additional slow from it. It's the same as Pride vs Malevolence regarding playstyle and feeling.

If you swap out the fenumus gloves you can get Hunter Apothecary Gloves and roll a +Physical Damage over time multiplier which is really expensive but more damage. Fenumus is a super cheap and strong option. So budget also plays a part here.

Sinistral gloves only scale Hit, But 50% without a downside is still nice as Implicit. As already mentionend i would take the new basetype Apothecary Gloves for 3.14. Need to add them to the build.

Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Dernière édition par paLe1337, le 12 mai 2021 15:09:16
Did u try to make a test with Cruelty support?

That gem gives up to 50% more damage over time, based on damage from hits, but I don't realy know how it works.
Instead of piercing shots annoint, what about vengeant cascade?
"
svarions23 a écrit :
Did u try to make a test with Cruelty support?

That gem gives up to 50% more damage over time, based on damage from hits, but I don't realy know how it works.

I don't think we hit hard enough for cruelty to give enough dot dps. Even Exsanguinate/Reap builds don't run it and they have way higher hit dps.

"
Shampowerup a écrit :
Instead of piercing shots annoint, what about vengeant cascade?

Way too expensive for 2 gold. It's a cool effect catching your shield, but i think that's all :)
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Hi there! I'd like to start off by saying thanks so much for your time and effort put into making this guide! I've always wanted to try an SST build, but was nervous about scalability into the end-game as far as bossing is concerned, but this build definitely blew my expectations out of the water and then some, it has been an absolute blast to play! After finishing up my league-start and cyclone characters, I decided to dump some currency into this build trying to juice it up to the best of my ability. With all of that aside, I guess the main reason I'm making this post is to get some thoughts/opinions on my own personal "feely-crafting" I've done with the build, in my efforts trying to min-max it as much as possible over the last week or so of playing it. Most of my min-max has revolved around squeezing in 4 auras, Pride, Malevolence, HoP, and War Banner, mostly because I found a Watcher's Eye for 13 exalted that seemed like an absolute steal for what I'm trying to pull off. I've comfortably killed A9 Sirus, Shaper, Elder, Uber elder, A9 T16 Guardians, Conquerers, etc, so I think I'm in the clear to say that it's VIABLE, but I guess what I'm asking is whether or not I'm optimizing the build around those 4 auras too much, and if you think it'd be easier for me to focus my efforts elsewhere, like running Aspect of the spider and only 3 auras instead perhaps?

Current gear:

Jewels:

Flasks:

The % reservation on both the shield, neck, and a couple of jewels are definitely required to have enough mana to comfortably toss out SST during boss fights, as well as at least 1 %mana leech jewel to compensate for the loss of Lioneye's Vision, but I have no mana issues so long as my hits connect with the given boss/guardian/etc. The thread of hope on the left side of the passive tree allows me to take Cleaving, Razor's Edge, and Escalation and I can then annoint Growth and Decay. As I said before, I mostly started down this path due to that Watcher's Eye seemingly being so cheap for what it offers. I know that I still have some min-maxing to do outside of that, like getting a better helmet enchant and a boot enchant period, but I am very happy with how it's currently performing, but I've been constantly pondering if I'm optimizing around this setup too much, and if I could be getting more out of the build with less, so to speak. Any and all thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated!

I almost forgot! This is the ring that I would use to run Aspect of the Spider in the event that you think it'd be more worthwhile to run that instead of my current 4 aura setup.

Dernière édition par ItaliaPeetzahMaker, le 18 mai 2021 18:09:50
I wonder how many ex you threw at that build...
Looks great tho, I'm jealous.
A very minor thing you can do is buy a 21/23 SST for a minor boost, and indeed, work on getting your enchants (probably attack & cast speed, or movement speeds on boots, and the shard on the helmet), you can also get some Awakened gem for a decent price (or throw ex's at them) to push the build further. And honestly, if you're getting Sirus A9 killed without feeling pressured, I think you've won at PoE, don't sweat it. You can always min-max the char, go for T1 %Armour/T1 %armour/hybrid; with an essence of scorn, and reroll suffixes until you get 5% of life on block, but at what cost, and for such minor comfort if you're already rolling over the hardest content in the game.
@Rinoscope Hahaha, yeah it definitely put a hole in my pocket, but fortunately, I was able to save massively on a few big-ticket items (chest, gloves, weapon, shield, and both medium clusters) through some risky and other not so risky crafts (Essence of Dread crafted shield, Jagged/Corroded crafted weapon) that paid off, fortunately! The chest had closed prefixes and suffixes after the awakener's orb, I was clenching so hard when it was time to annul, trust me lol! Even made these bad boys
before I did some reading through the comments on this thread and discovered Apothecary Gloves were actually the way to go. Live and learn I suppose, hahaha. To your point about tackling the hardest content in the game, that's totally fair! If I'm clearing the hardest content in the game, I'm probably stressing over this min-maxing thing a bit too much. I guess the main point I was trying to convey and get some help with/answers to was that to actually make the 4 aura setup work for the build as presented, I've had to completely optimize my character around this idea, as is highlighted by all of the %reservation reduction equipment/jewels that go into actually allowing me to comfortably squeeze them all in and still have enough mana to toss out SSTs. I guess the reason that I've been hesitant to spend more currency on Awakened Supports and regrading lenses is that I know that I've gone sort of off the beaten path here in terms of what @paLe1337 actually suggests in the build guide, and I've kind of been expecting someone to come along and tell me that I'm trying too hard to make my idea work when I could be getting so much more out of build for significantly less effort. On the other hand, I could also be on to something here, and just paranoid that I could've better spent my currency, lol. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out here, looking forward to your response! :)
Personally i think you sacrifice to much for fitting in the 4 Aruras especially since i think Malevolence does give you significantly less DPS then a Pride Aura and you have to Invest in a really decent Watchers Eye to get more DPS out of it (since Pride doesnt really offer a viable Mod on Watchers Eyes atleast for SST)
you are at around 3-4m Sirius DPS which is really nice but can be achieved with much cheaper gear and you do have really decent gear just optimized it for 4 Auras ;)

e.g.: https://pastebin.com/pEkwJmka (my own can be min/maxed for 10m+ but to lazy)

Your way might be viable you you would really need Godlike gear i think to achieve more
Well. I picked a heck of a time to post my build update after these past two posts :P But here it goes anyways...

DPS: 750k! I felt like this was a lot until recently :D
Health: 5.5k
Resists: Maxed w/66 Chaos

I'm happy where I am, and considering I have barely put much money (I think less that 2ex) into the build I feel it's a great build for a budget, but can still progress into something great!

Just killed Sirus on my first attempt, 0 deaths. And killed the Trial Master as well (actually had 500k dps at the time for both). 26 challenges done! As compared to the last 2 seasons I'm doing much better! I upped my DPS by 250k just recently with a few bits of gear upgrades. But obviously there can be more to do (8M dps!? wow!).

So.. where should I next look to improve my stuff? Something somewhat affordable (but will consider anything).

Link: https://pastebin.com/37gsZ7BM

Thanks!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires