[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"
kubicka a écrit :
I will leave my feedback aswell, because I really love the build! Its totally great for Ultimatums!

Leveling was realy pain, I leveled as Frost Blades till Dom. Blow and immidietly switched to SRS once I hit MI, because Dom. Blow was bad atleast for me. Then I switched to zombies MI on like 60lvl.
This is something I would like more feedback on from everyone: How has dom blow worked leveling? I always found it pretty smooth all the way up in to early mapping but i've heard mixed stories. If it's painful to level as dom blow I'll see what else I can think up to level and still re-use as much of the tree as possible.

I myself tried the FB leveling and it quickly fell off for me. I swapped to a leveling-specific spec https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3079573

This has been reasonably smooth for a melee spec (I'm not a melee fan most of the time) and I'm looking forward to Regretting and respeccing to play this!

As for why I've picked to level a Duelist, I made a fairly sick helm (on a YOLO chaos spam, 3 clicks in while fishing for something else) and decided to find a build that fit it. Granted, no + minion spots, buuut I think it'll do me well for a long while
I want to rock right meow
Dernière édition par Laeortia, le 21 avr. 2021 15:31:22
just looking off the old 3.13 POB, if my crappy math works out its about ~4mill dps with all the endgame gear up and running in that POB. Not too shabby, but yeah that needs a lot of investment to get there, and id feel bad against sirus or anything with lower than that. unless my math is off

Edit: I looked at the POB build on page 36 you posted and its about 1.6-2m dps, which also seems low when you're right up on bosses faces and its not DoT style set it and forget it dps.

Just want to make sure i make a good decision build wise before i start leveling lol. Everything was smooth with this level of damage and gear?
Dernière édition par queebl, le 21 avr. 2021 16:58:44
"
Thank you for your review; I think it's very fair. In summary, this build is tanky and forgiving, but after certain point damage scaling becomes more difficult/expensive than some other builds. This aligns pretty well with my experience, and I absolutely agree this build leans toward the "safe and easy" end of the spectrum.

Just a note: I think you will have much better map clear with a 6-link zombie; zombies are our main map clear tool and being on a 5link really hurts. I am actually using a generic rare 6-link until I can afford loreweave; it's still pretty tanky even at 70% res with Transcendence. That+a level 21 zombie is probably the biggest bang for the buck in clearspeed.

Yep, got my 6-link loreweave last night, and the damage is noticeably better.

The main issue though isn't so much just raw damage, but the minimal "close range" and small AoE of the build. I'm used to playing CoC/Nova/Ball Lightning type builds, where spinning through a pack once is enough to know everything is dead.

I'm still getting used to this build's playstyle, where you don't really know if you killed the full pack as there's a delay on the detonations, and the AoE is small, sometimes meaning a few monsters on the outside of the pack might not get hit. So a lot of the time, I find myself spinning back through tankier packs 2-3 times just to "be sure" (IE: mostly blue packs)

There's also the issue of uncertainty regarding single target DPS / APS.
With CoC, you know exactly what the breakpoints are based on your CDR. But with Herald of Purity, at a 20% proc chance, you could hit 5 times in a row or not at all in 10 hits. I've noticed sometimes I'll have 0 minions up for several seconds of hitting (rare but possible), and then suddenly have 4.

I'm currently at around 9-10 APS and have no idea if I'm over-spawning or under-spawning minions, which is important to maximize single target DPS. Most of the time the HoP counter is at 2-3 but I do notice it's sometimes at 4, meaning it could easily be over-writing minions. Unfortunately I don't think there's any real method of testing this, I guess just need to play with different APS numbers and see what "feels good?"
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Dernière édition par KooperT, le 21 avr. 2021 17:58:05
"
queebl a écrit :
just looking off the old 3.13 POB, if my crappy math works out its about ~4mill dps with all the endgame gear up and running in that POB. Not too shabby, but yeah that needs a lot of investment to get there, and id feel bad against sirus or anything with lower than that. unless my math is off

Edit: I looked at the POB build on page 36 you posted and its about 1.6-2m dps, which also seems low when you're right up on bosses faces and its not DoT style set it and forget it dps.

Just want to make sure i make a good decision build wise before i start leveling lol. Everything was smooth with this level of damage and gear?
1-2M dps is definitely from an earlier iteration of this build; last league I was over double that. I struggle with how min/maxxed to post my PoB's at, so hopefully this helps clarify!

My build last league was at 4.5M Sirius dps at lvl 94. Stretching it to lvl 98 and using bis septre pushes that number to about 5.4M, so I would say a safe endgame target is between 4-5M dps if you invest in the jewels and gear. Btw I have a video of S8 with that endgame build, if you want to see how it feels practically.
"
queebl a écrit :

Just take it this way, this build is mainly for ppl who are tired of constant death when running endgame content (either because they can't afford a build that can have insane amount of dps, or they don't know the fights' mechanic well).

This build allows players to comfortably run endgame content with a pretty braindead playstyle. Clear spd will depend on budget, but at an average investment the clear spd is not too bad.

So if u are confident with bosses' mechanic then u may wanna try other builds which have higher dps at similar level of investment.
"
KooperT a écrit :
Yep, got my 6-link loreweave last night, and the damage is noticeably better.

The main issue though isn't so much just raw damage, but the minimal "close range" and small AoE of the build. I'm used to playing CoC/Nova/Ball Lightning type builds, where spinning through a pack once is enough to know everything is dead.

I'm still getting used to this build's playstyle, where you don't really know if you killed the full pack as there's a delay on the detonations, and the AoE is small, sometimes meaning a few monsters on the outside of the pack might not get hit. So a lot of the time, I find myself spinning back through tankier packs 2-3 times just to "be sure" (IE: mostly blue packs)

There's also the issue of uncertainty regarding single target DPS / APS.
With CoC, you know exactly what the breakpoints are based on your CDR. But with Herald of Purity, at a 20% proc chance, you could hit 5 times in a row or not at all in 10 hits. I've noticed sometimes I'll have 0 minions up for several seconds of hitting (rare but possible), and then suddenly have 4.

I'm currently at around 9-10 APS and have no idea if I'm over-spawning or under-spawning minions, which is important to maximize single target DPS. Most of the time the HoP counter is at 2-3 but I do notice it's sometimes at 4, meaning it could easily be over-writing minions. Unfortunately I don't think there's any real method of testing this, I guess just need to play with different APS numbers and see what "feels good?"
Yeah, sometimes it's much faster mapping overall if you slow/pause a second or so in a pack before moving on, so you don't have to circle back to finish off stragglers. This is definitely a "feel" thing to your point.

To your point about sentinel rng: yeah prior to the low life buff I found ~8 aps rarely resulted in hovering at 4 sentinels longer than a second or so single target. With the change that "sweet spot" will be significantly higher, but I have not yet gotten the gear to test this league. If you really want to push aps, farm the +1 sentinel enchant as well as anomalous infernal legion; I think 10-12 aps is probably the new sweet spot if you have both.
Just wanted to flag that catalysts no longer work to improve the reservation of the rings, because they are now generic "reservation" instead of "mana reservation".
"
Just wanted to flag that catalysts no longer work to improve the reservation of the rings, because they are now generic "reservation" instead of "mana reservation".
Yes good point. This is more of an issue with the non-EC version as it is tighter on reservation, but if you want to run the Aul's uprising/skitterbots/hypothermia combo you will likely need better base rolls on your rings than before. Break out those divines!
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 22 avr. 2021 02:59:44
Question about Feasting Fiends. I see that in the EC Endgame POB there are only two total in the cluster jewels. I am assuming this is because of the leech it gives the minions and having any more of Feasting Fiends would be counter productive.

Just about to fill out my second set soon, so any tips would be a0ppreciated. Right now my notables are in total 2x Feasting Fiends, and 2x Hulking Corpse. Got lucky and have Chaos and Elemental Resistance on them too.
Dernière édition par Sumidian, le 22 avr. 2021 12:23:34
Does Zealotry work with Minion Instability, is it a spell that the minions cast on death? Would be better for mapping than skitterbots, right?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires