[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"
kubicka a écrit :
I will leave my feedback aswell, because I really love the build! Its totally great for Ultimatums!

Leveling was realy pain, I leveled as Frost Blades till Dom. Blow and immidietly switched to SRS once I hit MI, because Dom. Blow was bad atleast for me. Then I switched to zombies MI on like 60lvl.
This is something I would like more feedback on from everyone: How has dom blow worked leveling? I always found it pretty smooth all the way up in to early mapping but i've heard mixed stories. If it's painful to level as dom blow I'll see what else I can think up to level and still re-use as much of the tree as possible.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 20 avr. 2021 15:25:17
Early league update: here is my gear so far. Note that Aul's Uprising is still extremely rare and expensive, so I am using the cheap version which works for Determination + HoP, but without skitterbots.

I leveled on Shattering Steel then switched to Dom Blow ASAP, didn't switch to MI until level 80. I found Dom Blow to be great from the get go as long as I prioritized high attack speed weapons, though it really took off once I had enough passive points to get Spiritual Aid and Spiritual Command. Hard for me to imagine any other skill performing better without a real passive tree mixup.
"

Leaguestart update for those curious. I'm a veteran with considerable CoC/CwC Cyclone experience, and wanted to give this one a try.

Started Frost Blades into Dom Blow without any issues; carried me through the campaign with just some basic minion notes (spiritual aid etc.) - use a fast 1 hander with decent damage. Dom Blow + Multistrike in a 4-link was sufficient for everything through Act10, the minion summons absolutely swarm and destroy the bosses. Damage falls off in maps, I switched to MI around level 72.

I've invested what I consider a "map-ready" chunk into my gear. I'd say approximately 5ex. From the investment, I'm easily clearing red maps up to T13-T15 although some of the Ultimatums in red maps are still quite rippy if I don't play perfectly. Non-league content is a joke in comparison.

In terms of damage/investment and clearspeed, this build performs poorly. It's not that the damage isn't there - you'll just get way more DPS numbers from a variety of other builds on the same investment. This build gets to respectable damage numbers on a small investment, but to get to "that next level" you are going to need a bunch more exalts.

There's still plenty of ways to scale the damage up, with more investment. Still working on a 6L loreweave, and a better weapon. The biggest upgrades are: both Circle of Guilts with 2x Sentinel Damage is approx 25% MORE damage each, for 50%+ total. Add on a better helm with +3 minions etc. and better cluster jewels/abyss jewels, and the damage is definitely achievable... but all of these items are costly, with the rings currently running 2-3+ ex and good clusters/abyss jewels can easily run an ex each. The abyss jewels with % more damage after using minion skills are a massive damage increase for end

Where this build shines is the tankiness. With the proper EC/Transcendence setup, on a very minimal budget, and only around 4500-5000 life, it's quite sturdy. Plus you move fast while cycloning and the playstyle is fun enough. If you want a build you can just hold down cyclone and not really worry about anything on the screen, this works perfectly.

UPDATE:
Got my 6-link Loreweave yesterday. The last added support definitely helps clearspeed/damage. Single-target still seems slightly lacking, but I'm sure the build is absolutely fine for all endgame content with some more investment - having 3-4+ abyss jewels/cluster jewels are the next big damage upgrades, not cheap either.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Dernière édition par KooperT, le 21 avr. 2021 17:46:46
Regarding leveling, I picked MI as soon as I could and used SRS as my main skill. Once I was able to use CwC I dropped SRS and switched to Aukuna and Zomnies.

Pros: tanky thanks to decent hp regen from zombies, act bosses cant kill u, but be careful with Ultimatum packs
Cons: Cycloning without Stampede is pia
"
KooperT a écrit :
"

Leaguestart update for those curious. I'm a veteran with considerable CoC/CwC Cyclone experience, and wanted to give this one a try.

*snip*
Thank you for your review; I think it's very fair. In summary, this build is tanky and forgiving, but after certain point damage scaling becomes more difficult/expensive than some other builds. This aligns pretty well with my experience, and I absolutely agree this build leans toward the "safe and easy" end of the spectrum.

Just a note: I think you will have much better map clear with a 6-link zombie; zombies are our main map clear tool and being on a 5link really hurts. I am actually using a generic rare 6-link until I can afford loreweave; it's still pretty tanky even at 70% res with Transcendence. That+a level 21 zombie is probably the biggest bang for the buck in clearspeed.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review!
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 20 avr. 2021 19:48:31
"
bryanking a écrit :
Regarding leveling, I picked MI as soon as I could and used SRS as my main skill. Once I was able to use CwC I dropped SRS and switched to Aukuna and Zomnies.

Pros: tanky thanks to decent hp regen from zombies, act bosses cant kill u, but be careful with Ultimatum packs
Cons: Cycloning without Stampede is pia
Lol I did the exact same thing leveling; just used cwc-srs until I could use Aukuna's Will. Not sure what's easier doing that or Dom Blow but it definitely worked.

And yeah, I found that until I swapped to Transcendence, Ultimatum packs were scary. Transcendence + claw life gain on hit is working just fine for me so far even without loreweave, but I'm only in yellow maps atm so we will see how far it takes me before I have to invest in a 6l lore.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 20 avr. 2021 19:30:52
"

What I have so far. I am now invincible! So fun! Next up is to start collecting some cluster jewels, and orbs of regret to spec out of my leveling tree. Some items are scuffed still as just making do with oils I have and what not rather than buying all the time.

Been really enjoying this so far.
Dernière édition par Sumidian, le 21 avr. 2021 01:27:53
what kind of endgame dps numbers do you hit with this? Looks like MI heralds pop for like 2.3 million damage, plus zombies for 200k or so, so about how many of those do you pop per second? Int he range of like 3-4m dps? thinking of how long A9 sirus or maven would take.

Build sounds really nice and I think im gonna try it, for something out of the box!
"
queebl a écrit :
what kind of endgame dps numbers do you hit with this? Looks like MI heralds pop for like 2.3 million damage, plus zombies for 200k or so, so about how many of those do you pop per second? Int he range of like 3-4m dps? thinking of how long A9 sirus or maven would take.

Build sounds really nice and I think im gonna try it, for something out of the box!

In 3.13 it took me around 4-5 mins to take down Sirus A8, and 5 mins for Maven fight with 2-3 deaths

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires