[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"
Sumidian a écrit :

I can't make heads or tails of what is going on here. Average Damage - makes sense. But from there I'm flummoxed at the rest of the numbers as none of them seem to add up together properly.

Is there one of these numbers which is most useful, and practically applicable? As a reference point.
I'm glad someone else is confused too :D. But no, long story short anything with "DPS" is wrong, with the probable exception of ignite dps. I'm not sure what it's using for the rest of the dps calcs, but it's definitely not the correct formula as laid out in the guide.

Summary: use the Average Damage and Ignite dps numbers when you do your dps calc per the guide.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 23 avr. 2021 20:45:48
Thanks so much for the information! I'm going to have to build an Excel formula for that bad boy! Only in POE! LOL!
After fiddling with maps for a bit I'm finally at 16 - felt weird this league to get there for some reason. But this is by far the most tanky build I've ever played at this point in the league. It can basically laugh at Ultimatums now. So fun!

But I picked up a cheap scepter with a really good setup - but it doesn't have Cold or Lightning Damage. So for now, since no Aul's, I'm going to add one of them to my Amulet, and just wanted to confirm that +Cold/Lightning Damage is the same as +Cold/Lighting Damage to Attacks in this case - as we want Cyclone to hit with the cold/lightning damage to then proc the EE keystone effect?
"
Sumidian a écrit :
After fiddling with maps for a bit I'm finally at 16 - felt weird this league to get there for some reason. But this is by far the most tanky build I've ever played at this point in the league. It can basically laugh at Ultimatums now. So fun!

But I picked up a cheap scepter with a really good setup - but it doesn't have Cold or Lightning Damage. So for now, since no Aul's, I'm going to add one of them to my Amulet, and just wanted to confirm that +Cold/Lightning Damage is the same as +Cold/Lighting Damage to Attacks in this case - as we want Cyclone to hit with the cold/lightning damage to then proc the EE keystone effect?
Glad to hear the build is working for you! Yes, +damage to attacks will work to proc EE.

Btw there are two ways you can check to see if you are applying the right EE through cyclone. First, just mouse over your cyclone skill, it will reflect the added damage in the tooltip. You should have cold or lightning damage listed but not fire.

Second (and probably better), un-link all your minion creation skills so you don't oneshot monsters, and go in to some random leveling zone and cyclone in to a pack of mobs. If you are applying EE, they will get a swirly silver puddle under them, and their tooltip when you hover over them will say something like "resists (whatever element you added)" and "vulnerable to fire".
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 24 avr. 2021 20:02:08
Thank you! That tooltip is a life saver! I've been checking in POB up until now! LOL! You've been so helpful, you don't have a Twitch, or a Kofi, or something like that? I really appreciate the help as its made this league that much more enjoyable. And I'm learning a ton.

Found this which will boost my Enduring Cry and Increased Duration support. Hopefully can save a talent point or two with it on the tree. Now just need to find some Tainted Oil!
"
Sumidian a écrit :
Thank you! That tooltip is a life saver! I've been checking in POB up until now! LOL! You've been so helpful, you don't have a Twitch, or a Kofi, or something like that? I really appreciate the help as its made this league that much more enjoyable. And I'm learning a ton.

Found this which will boost my Enduring Cry and Increased Duration support. Hopefully can save a talent point or two with it on the tree. Now just need to find some Tainted Oil!
Nah don't really do the streaming thing; I think I am too boring to make that work :p

Nice boots! Would be great if it let you drop some of the warcry nodes, every point is precious!
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 26 avr. 2021 13:45:44

So I've put in a good chunk of currency towards this build and I don't think I can improve on it too much more without considerable investment (Aul's necklace is around 15ex currently) or a good minion helm with +3 or Hypothermia which are also quite costly.

It's also been tough to find a good weapon to utilize for this build, with just +1 spell gems / attack speed rolls, and enough open slots to multimod minion stats - so for now, I settled with what I have (with a cast socketed spell craft). So instead of running CWDT + Holy Relic, I have that in the weapon now.

This has freed up 4 slots on my glove - was originally running a CWDT + Golem + Feeding Frenzy.

Any thoughts on running a 3L or 4L spectre in this build? I know Animate Guardian was suggested, but I don't see much use for the Ephemeral/Kingmaker buffs since we already have perma-fortify, and I'm currently using a watcher's eye with % crit reduction - coupled with the corrupt on my shield, i'm already at around 80% crit reduction.

Instead of a golem, which would only provide around 4% phys mitigation (or attack speed if you went lightning golem), I was considering running a They of Tul spectre (grants 15% attack dodge & 15% spell dodge) which applies in an AoE on the floor. Normally not great for mapclear, but obviously can be very useful in the Ultimatums. Any other good options to consider? There's also the Xoph's Loyal spectres which can apply "Covered in Ash" but I heard it's very unreliable. Maybe Solar Guards/Flame Sentinels etc. for some additional ranged AoE? Or something with a curse on hit?

Alternatively I was thinking about just running an Animate Guardian with a blind aura chestpiece.

Overall the build is performing well and I'm working on high tier red maps without issues. I do notice that chaos damage/degens are extremely deadly on this character, more than I am used to, since our HP pool is quite low. Physical and elemental damage tickles, but sitting in any degen for more than 1-2 seconds is death.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Dernière édition par KooperT, le 26 avr. 2021 16:25:29
"
KooperT a écrit :

So I've put in a good chunk of currency towards this build and I don't think I can improve on it too much more without considerable investment (Aul's necklace is around 15ex currently) or a good minion helm with +3 or Hypothermia which are also quite costly.

It's also been tough to find a good weapon to utilize for this build, with just +1 spell gems / attack speed rolls, and enough open slots to multimod minion stats - so for now, I settled with what I have (with a cast socketed spell craft). So instead of running CWDT + Holy Relic, I have that in the weapon now.

This has freed up 4 slots on my glove - was originally running a CWDT + Golem + Feeding Frenzy.

Any thoughts on running a 3L or 4L spectre in this build? I know Animate Guardian was suggested, but I don't see much use for the Ephemeral/Kingmaker buffs since we already have perma-fortify, and I'm currently using a watcher's eye with % crit reduction - coupled with the corrupt on my shield, i'm already at around 80% crit reduction.

Instead of a golem, which would only provide around 4% phys mitigation (or attack speed if you went lightning golem), I was considering running a They of Tul spectre (grants 15% attack dodge & 15% spell dodge) which applies in an AoE on the floor. Normally not great for mapclear, but obviously can be very useful in the Ultimatums. Any other good options to consider? There's also the Xoph's Loyal spectres which can apply "Covered in Ash" but I heard it's very unreliable. Maybe Solar Guards/Flame Sentinels etc. for some additional ranged AoE? Or something with a curse on hit?

Alternatively I was thinking about just running an Animate Guardian with a blind aura chestpiece.

Overall the build is performing well and I'm working on high tier red maps without issues. I do notice that chaos damage/degens are extremely deadly on this character, more than I am used to, since our HP pool is quite low. Physical and elemental damage tickles, but sitting in any degen for more than 1-2 seconds is death.

Ephemeral is used mainly to counter slow debuff and that s really important to survive imo, especially in Sirus last phase with his split beams
Spectres u can use Arena master to gain att speed buff, and/or Diabolist for Enfeeble curse (this curse has better stat than gem version). I'm pretty sure that Arena master can survive Ulti packs but dont think Diabolist can, you can test. If you dont wanna use Diabolist then u can try Matron, it s tanky and it can help stun/slow enemies.

My suggestion for a 4L support minions: AG - Meat shield - Ele Army - Spectre (or Minion Life in tough fights, my AG can survive Sirus A8 without Minion Life tho)

You may wanna use Golem + Feeding frenzy + (a curse) on your weapon. I prefer Golem over Holy relic + Culling. You can choose what suit you better.

Apparently u don't use Antivenom cluster, that s why u r struggling with chaos dmg. I never die to that thing even in Sirus arena. (I had around 30% chaos res in 3.13)

And FYI, those implicit mods on your shield do not affect you,but your minions, you should look for a corrupted one with lvl 23 Determination skill, which saves u one gem slot

P.S If u wanna use a high budget AG, make sure u buy another pair of Stampede and annoit Grave Intentions. You will need this boots for tough content so your AG can have better survivabilty (like Deli maps)
Dernière édition par bryanking, le 26 avr. 2021 17:29:26

I found going to this helmet with the +3 to Minion Gems was a big single target upgrade.

Next up is a Bone Helmet with all the tricked out stuff.
"
KooperT a écrit :
Agreed, Aul's is going to be out of reach for most people this league. As you have done, running a rare ammy with % reduced determination res is just fine, we just have to either invest in reservation nodes or drop skitterbots.

"
I agree; I think most people will just end up running a cwdt-golem in the weapon, missing out on the minion life/damage craft is a TON of damage.

"

as bryanking mentions, the main reason the guardian is so helpful is for the Unstoppable-esque buff; we get freeze/chill/hinder immunity which is pretty great. Feel free to experiment though!

"
Yeah, I think the Antivenom cluster is a must. Combined with upgraded Arakaali, we can get 75% chaos res vs damage over time, which is so key with our low life pool.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 27 avr. 2021 04:49:39

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires