[3.10] Talamoe's 💪 Strength Stacking 💪 Blade Vortex Chieftain | 2400+ Str |

Hall of Fame (Players that reached level 100 playing this build)
Spoiler

Hartree
Level 100 in Metamorph Hardcore
Spoiler
"
Hartree a écrit :
Here's my update:

I just reached level 100 with this build in Hardcore Metamorph. I leveled with Poet's Pen, didn't like it, changed to Flameblast / Vaal Flameblast and played like this until 85 or so, which was when I switched to the current build.

This build is an exceptional boss killer. With my boss setup, I have around 22k ES at lvl 100 (POB only shows around 20k ES for me for some reason):

For mapping, I used the following weapon. As other people have pointed out, the "explode, dealing fire damage" mod helps immensely with clear speed, which was extremely important to me, since all I wanted to achieve this league was hitting level 100. The increased AoE per 50 strength mod also comes in handy, as 2.5k strength results in a considerable 150% increased AoE. At this point, there is no visual difference in VB AoE between Conc Effect and Inc AoE; it seems capped at some maximum value. Hence, Concentrated Effect can be utilized in the 6L setup.

During leveling, I played around with quite a few more items, such as:
, but I could never really make them work. The dex and int provided by Astramentis were pretty much impossible to replace given the selection of items I could choose from.
Sometimes I also used
for pure breachstone rotas, but the two setups in the top were really what it came down to most of the time.

All in all, it was a pretty fun ride. The closest I came to dying was around level 92 to the Primordial Blocks Map Boss. I wasn't aware that this guy has some sort of one-shot mechanic and didn't really pay attention. Other than that, there were only very few sketchy situations, and I was always able to appropriately react or simply log out.

Thanks again for the write-up + inspiration.

Snarky85
Level 100 in Metamorph League
Spoiler

"
Snarky85 a écrit :
Got to lvl 100 just now. Took a long time, since I hate doing rotations and just did regular mapping. Also still managed to die once or twice with lvl 99.

Spoiler

After going for maxblock, I swapped to a shield with ES recovery on block. Can recommend, very powerful recovery, even on 60% reduced recovery maps.

My final build, in the maxblock version:

https://pastebin.com/9kw50qzL
Spoiler

I will be swapping back to a non-maxblock dual-wield version.

€ something like this:
https://pastebin.com/UingYDSj

Lethal Pride with 5% increased Strength on Butchery and Diamond Skin.

3.10 Information:

Spoiler

Shaper's Touch has been massively nerfed, it will result in substantial Energy Shield loss (around 250% increased Energy shield). We will see how it will look like in practice but I expect drop from ~20k to 13k ES.

3.9 Information:

Spoiler

Many people ask me about leveling and league start aspect.

This build is meant to work only, when you reach a certain level (around 75-80), and have mandatory uniques:

In terms of nerfs and buffs, the build is basically unchanged since 3.8, the only buff I see is the introduction of Awakened support gems, which will increase our DPS.

Due to increase in STR -> ES stacking popularity certain items are getting more expensive (Clarity Watcher's Eye, Efficient Training Jewels etc.)

Build is still amazing for Boss killing and survivability, I did more than 20 shaper kills in 3.9 (for testing purposes in Standard) and I can still facetank all content and kill bosses in a timely manner.

Hello guys, it is my 3rd forum-guide you can check my other guides by using link from my forum signature.

In 3.7 Legion League I was really bored with 'melee-meta' and decided to theorycraft around some stat-stacking archetypes. I had very low expectations of coming up with something amazing that wouldn't require Head Hunter and hundreds of Exalts.

It was a coincidence that I decided to theorycraft with Marauder, as it was my only character in Standard league that didn't have gear and was basically unused.

Please note that gear I use is quite well optimized and it would be expensive to get similar rare items. I will post also cheap alternatives which won't cost you that much so that the build would be accessible for everyone no matter the budget. The only exception in 3.9 might be Shaper's touch gloves, which will be initially quite expensive, but with every day it will significantly decrease in price, as shaper touch is a very common drop from Shaper.

3.9 Full Sirus fight video (first time seeing the boss, no information about mechanics etc.)

full video: https://youtu.be/-ENt2EAGEk0

3.8 Easy Uber Elder 2:25 Min on first attempt (level 92) - ofc deathless

full video: https://youtu.be/D6y4IiGKD5o

3.8 T16 Hydra Clear speed showcase with 5Link, trash items and just 1 flask:

So what is this build about?

1) We stack a shit ton of Strength! (Both flat +Strength, as well as % increase of Strength and Attributes. You can find it in my gear section and check-out my skill Tree for more information).
2) We utilize 3 mandatory unique items that give us crazy bonuses for each point of Strength:

3) So from Geofri's Sanctuary, we get a crazy amount of flat Energy Shield, from Shaper's Touch gloves we get huge %Energy Shield increase and lastly from Doon Cuebiyari we get over 300% Increase Damage boost.

4) We use Blade Vortex as it is a very strong skill that scales with our % Damage Increase and Chieftain Ascendancy nodes. [I've also tried Armageddon Brand and it was fun but for me personally was lacking single target damage]

5) Vaal Righteous Fire is used to get some extra damage when finishing bosses

6) With decent gear you should have over 20.000 Energy Shield, 1.5 Milion Shaper DPS from Blade Vortex, 2-4k Energy Shield regen per second!

3.9 Path of Building with new Awakened Support Gems

Bandits choices, Ascendancy, Pantheon:
Spoiler

1) Kill all bandits for +2 Skill points

2) Ascendancy nodes (Chieftain):

3) Recommended Pantheon choices:

Step by Step leveling tips with Path of Building
Spoiler

"
Herba_life a écrit :
any chance that u can make some levling trees so i know what nodes to take first and so on?? really want to try this. ty

"
Mindsmog a écrit :
a levelling tree would be super useful as it seems incredibly hard to level up stacking str nodes

"
Awà a écrit :
Yeah I would also like a leveling tree please

Path of Building Leveling Tree (I made it in the hotel via Path of Building Online, therefore I hope the links will work! In case of any problems write me a private message please!)

Note that while creating this leveling tree I focused around Two Handed Axe leveling style, as well as distributing the points in a way that you can save as much Regret Orbs later on, while respecing!

https://pastebin.com/E9KLiUPx

Spoiler

eNrtW1tzqsoSfl77V1i-o3IRcZfuXd41CUrES_QlNcIgKDAIgwZ__RlQo64VdUydtWs9mEolYL7u6e4Zvr5QKf374dipNfQDC7nlNJvJpVPQ1ZBuufNyejhoMlL633_-KikAmz2jGlp2_Jd__vpRSq5TGPhziEcHef6dyDvAclWkLSFu-Sj0iNZ0agZc3cJd5DvALqe7yIXpFAg06Oo1GwRBFziwnK6ZFjQwkU6n1hbcyEgnH3ZkpdcfpFMecLEJkStbLvJbSD9o2Wmu-SH8VKwdVcrAB6EO_RN5sDiTt-E6lvy0UYa-ZtkwCM4X2N8Rz3-UFBtE0FcxwKmA_CinKySAYA7rwCE_ifHADsnarJAp5tPZr0VUD0L9CM1wgvR_gCo-bBgG1LC1hjWfhMUErna0KHdJ7l6sHNrY8mwrDuynXRd9bf-inM1dVD9AGNh1RT1ipYyYL4jX8QjfNrxqkzieauYyOZa7aHVn7loYnuL5DH8ZPrawqSArQO4dxsvABTUUUBiv4mOoBVG4BOvD1Snyoro6_Di6dU3bKfCito6L6bSdAi9qe7GM40kp5Pgrz4X2dwzuuNrJyeKu6R26Pgygvz55oK6scC6hEGaAJw5cOcSxYB_OofsJFsVMQcpfw79AqJktwn59gE8ewwzLChJ79QR9gvOFq7GKsaexyl1T-kWkLqs_F7gjULHgeaDYjHANfCFKl0QaLvTnkUoSi61TPGRxlE5Fzk8WzSLnzlCJ3OvSGsTJ9hMoXd_0PfzUk8v5Q4aEI4mEDmmzwf0Sio8WcYay7xOr-A4Kfco93IHPdo-9eKwUMwosjSSRJH33oR4S6xDNJh5SrYzW0CEnPsnUpGw5rno5F5ECidZ1ota275KoYAy0ZR3pc3jXIndJNC2fRCuwTtJX4WKQayh-Ns7ADCde5sO5iV1SadKLEKtR8DNcpDC-R4q3GvAoCp9PF6hFfvKDfqmjM9QyCtoQpBkX5MF9aBmcFAMXA-ZDdxtR6z-DUy3QcPXQj08e9Ro_S_y6TCmbtCnxVQdDJ0iFAVShhlx9DIGHXBUSNa5lk2YkeZBjUPIZu6v09_cpS086hEvSMfZHSbURTrlJ29GyCSMQD0gB6XT0TxfOMDsdKVbdAC9VmUVBAOzUrm9KcddFd-p_FmKvCzVJV7RM5b-j-YY5bWg7BHWfOVVo3ytScUIb4htqEcL32v-lDFU0b_mI9Ci1y0V3mrQ_HBy1_vuDzX3bdpbO9q8ONp0oS3Pe6DR90_Y7g7U7DQINiL8O6pNkQXs4UnGEvxcG7nthoHimv382uO_zJfsdguIodoKKBSgNp9iuhIl-gZSy-zyUZLQkkcVXNeQa1jxJc12EYfzZjxhwuCmpS8u2g5QODRDauAWd1xDYFo72KS9AfvxhUI3qilpOYz8kRd8R_LIbjMXQZI0asLVglxVdLzxY7FiB9j4LDSOe1hGd2E8mh41ms1EbdEaNvQenIkFs1rsbOrN4fLT7fSyVVZhU30nKTRxQSYehkWOlIdsGXgD1o03n6LaFDxO4m9hkYHQTtZ-83cTFIzE6Aw-19e2lY9cHkQfjeiegEEimWxS4juMBm8aC3TCLRmMyKKMJOtRARIH7bIgpsA0bViw7br5ogiST07rr2mjQpIvyrVmIIQ14N7W6bUEyr7nt1tnc4ral-xrgtt7D8OAm8tBK3d7V5JkbgCV0KXegDg1InoKvo1rKHoimNPAh3BfmcVdfTud3VXl8k8LkjyfvHYr7InzYf0kufpgYe8Hf2exms8l4AJvIgB-WDTMacrIeCAKilEmYiIk1ZSvkq1pp1CsdRZ4CzS3MGrqUD4RhNBN6dmcycvpqs1azKlVv1MwHnFiv8guZaU2aWhe0B9PJLDJ0psvlxfzrejDNg4bfWY3zZmdUbYuuVHzvdI13Z72u29J7Sy2AydpFs5VXNQsaAyVFMdBqPW71XhvjUXe2XXNqe97FxksVFTumP-E3bW4R1bhmQVcWvtl1W1zLtD9WhUbRBcFoNnblirrdvKpw2-_KSo3tyWG_v6l60_fwyWwyjUE01JmP58GWH1nr1lPD8sViUNEjI9qUy0ngsofIlXbpMdiFcX93kpJSLmH6-JITinvSvgoTWekwE76K47mCyNPgRJFOHy_yNPbxrCjRrCuwHJV9heJh6nA9emLh8DLhevhyBT5PpY8tilTbIbBFGn1sUaIJsyBKEkcTZkGgCnOexLlAtb1FicYPkeOptkMSCjRhFqSCKNG4kWeLnxVe9uSRIjeEvk54zMI2jN_vQC-uNn8Xrb2w8ymAH-2-1Sd0NuwcaKyzVUynJrn8zPXtah482-FEbb72Ge9dMbYMYKTe21ay_K05GLeUhqdMO-Pn9-VQm028bc2IPpSnhHZUxYF8f4RfH3TyoJMHnfwRdML9fjoxejNSTThM3VOnzRNaOamOPuZqQi9wbHkzp2EOG8bK2PJSUg1Zsy2hlzdBfSbVj8KpzTErFdmkyvHtehWxLvNBrJoOhcgNcoNIazRcKRgMnrWN4LSXQ0I7Oas58SV12WvKD-p5UM-Dev4E6uH_E-qpBvJkqcYN2tNyaL7OW_bwzdnOkNyG8laYzr1V962uTRrcuEUoyFjoIQyHLzkOjs3n6ItK52ndNRROXMFKzvKlItNrdicTQi3TIbvuvSeVj9ohjZRUzL0JE9LlNdvW5A0ETA9P34PZBLRIIyZXQExRCVURyho0hGhZbVdR4S3qMNOC3l7XScP27G_amj_JPSjrQVkPyvoTKEtI_86Z0npctb3IwEGf3zqbWf1QNbWa04S60LwCRn0464bzjS4kTZmDWK3bZJpIl6koDEzQfsYUMn5CZR_LsM-LeDEWV68TXaiTKmvLC6LdNBfWqmgPxlKhuDRH-G1dh_xA7cw05mNFKCNoLQhlCaIwmCbVlzbgBovOy2Ra6HrbSiPgFlFShdU3ePM6WA77pAms-tZk5DL6arPIrysGqeL2VVlvPau0NQbOH1T3oLoH1f3nVFfKxnP0wzx9ZMFNaouQ81ZOS_lMgcuxXFEk36RiC0y0iV831S3DgH4yoj-8Fgwg8DVTxX45vcO1IcAy8PavEmOF-_eF4u5uUk4zbF7MiAVeyks5ThB3QSx1HA_5mFyWsj__U8H_AJ42XjA=

Some leveling tips from my second build:(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2526420)

Leveling Tips 1-67

Always try to have boots with 25% movement speed or more!

Level 1 - 28

-Use whatever melee skill you like, I personally choose 'Cleave', at level 4 buy new aura Blood and Sand (use Blood stance only for bosses and harder Rare mobs)
-At level 1 Buy Tabula Rasa if you can afford it (this chest will serve you well through-out entire leveling process so it's worth every penny)
-At level 1 Buy 'Goldrim' unique helmet, you will use it till level 55+ so it's a good investment (it will greatly help you to keep good resists during leveling process)
-At level 16 buy Daresso's Salute amulet, you can keep it till end-game so it's a great investment
-At level 16 buy Herald of Ash and use it till end-game (good investment for leveling)

Level 22-24

-At level 22 Buy this ring will help you keep your mana up, and have more mana to kill mobs

-At level 24 buy Anger (it will be needed for your end-game setup so it's worth to buy it)

Level 28-33

-At level 28 Buy Cyclone and use it with Fortify (level 31 required), Pulverise (level 31 required) Melee Physical Damage, Infused Channeling, Increased Area of Effect, Added Fire Damage
-At level 28 buy Vaal Ancestral Warchief and use it during Boss fights and Elite packs

-At level 33 Buy unique axe 'Reaper's Pursuit' or if you have good rare axe that has more than 150-200 damage per second use it instead.

-At level 38, buy 'Cast when damage taken' & 'Immortal Call from vendors in Act 4. (link them together and don't level up them, keep them at level 1). You can also add third gem to the link 'Increased Duration' to prolong the effect of Immortal Call.

-At level 40 Buy unique axe 'The Cauteriser' and use it till level 55

-At level 55 buy Non-corrupted Ngamahu's Flame and start following main guide as you should have access to all gems and items listed there.

-At level 55 you can upgrade your helmet to 'Rat's Nest'
-At level 67 you can upgrade your helmet to 'Devoto's Devotion'
-Around level 75-80 you can consider switching to CI and following the regular Path of Building for my Blade Vortex character

Pros (+)
Spoiler

-Affordable to start (Around 10-15Ex required to get build going, No legacy gear required)
-Exceptional boss killer: Uber-elder in 2-3 minutes with just unique items
-Extremely tanky with moderate currency investment
-Not a stereotype type of a build (we play as 15k-25k ES Marauder who stacks strength and spell damage)
-Non-meta build (till 3.9 it was a hipster build, however we will see how it will look like at the end of Metamorph league) So far low chance for nerfs

Cons (-)
Spoiler

-Not SSF friendly due to Unique item requirements
-Clear-speed could be better
-Blade Vortex is not for everyone (you need to recast it every few seconds)
-Min/maxing the build can cost you more than 100 Exalted Orbs

Gear
Spoiler

Stat priorities on rare items:

Flat Strength
% Increase Attributes
% Increase Strength
Resists
Energy Shield

Starting gear with prices I paid for them:

1 Chaos
1 Chaos
15 Chaos
35 Chaos
30 Chaos
30 Chaos
1 Chaos
6 Chaos
5 Chaos + small amount of jeweler orbs and fusings to make it 4-5 Link
1 Chaos

End-game gear:

Jewels:

*If you are on a budget just go for 1 Efficient Training in Witch Intelligence Area, and fill rest jewel slots with Brawn (cheapest jewel). You can also buy the cheapest Clarity Watcher's Eye (just with 1 mod: Gain 18% of your maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield).

Graphical gear breakdown (under construction):
Spoiler

Gems
Spoiler

Chest (6 link):

Use Conc Effect for difficult boss fights, for example, Uber Elder

Alternatively, if you don't want to swap gems around before boss fights etc. you can use below setup:

Weapon/Shield (3 links):

1)

2)

Helmet/Boots/Gloves (4 links):

1)

Note that I get, 30% more elemental damage from the helmet, as well as Level 20 Conc Effect and level 20 Burning Damage (If you don't like this approach you can skip using Vaal Righteous Fury)

2)

If you prefer Flame Dash, you can use it instead of Shield Charge/Faster Attacks/Fortify setup. In that case you want to have: Flame Dash level 20, Faster Casting support level 20 and Arcane Surge level 1-6

3)

Small note on my Cast When Damage Taken setup:

Cast When Damage Taken (level 1) - Wave of Conviction (level 1) - Combustion (level 21)

Note that you can use two Cast when Damage setups (I like to use one setup with CWDT level 1 (that will trigger very often for enemy fire resist debuff) and second setup CWDT level 2 with immortal call, which will grant physical and elemental reduction whenever it is triggered reduction.

When you are hit for more than 528 damage, Cast when Damage Taken will trigger Wave of Conviction (Aoe/Cone spell that applies -25% enemy fire res by itself) and by the fact it is linked with combustion, it will also apply -20% fire res debuff and increase likely hood of igniting enemy by 50% with wave of conviction[/span][/b]

Videos:

3.9 Sirus Fight (first attempt, deathless, level 95):
https://youtu.be/-ENt2EAGEk0

Effortless Deathless Uber Elder ~2 minutes (at level 92):
https://youtu.be/D6y4IiGKD5o

Deathless Uber Elder kill with 5 Link, just 1 flask and trash gear (at level 93):
https://youtu.be/NCAG0cqzgxk

T16 Hydra Clear speed showcase with 5 Link, just 1 flask and trash gear (at level 93):
https://youtu.be/_AgYRCizVrA

T16 Minotaur with Cast While Channeling Cyclone setup:
https://youtu.be/Xw1ECGV4EQg
Dernière édition par Talamoe, le 28 avr. 2020 05:00:54
Dernier bump le 1 août 2020 16:03:56
Frequently Asked Questions F.A.Q

Amulet Annoitment
Spoiler

"
Talamoe a écrit :
"
diesdasdinge a écrit :
What to anoint?:)

If you plan to change your amulet in the future, then I would simply go with 'Beef', it is simple, cheap to buy oils and adds both damage as well as defenses.

If you can invest more and your amulet is already GGG, then I would definitely go with 'Heart of Flame' or 'Tranquility', if you are really rich :)

Beef - 30 Str, it will be a nice all around boost to your character for a very small price

Heart of Flame - Boosts our damage significantly by increasing Fire Damage by 25%, bringing some fire pene (6%), and lastly granting us some extra ES leech.

Tranquility - 5% Energy Shield which is always welcome, and in my case 15% total DPS increase in Path of Building, which is HUGE! Definitely the best node for us.

Blade Vortex Area of Effect radius comparison:
Spoiler

"
WalkwithWolves a écrit :
cool concept here! The elder mace that gives aoe per str, any idea how big that makes the AOE of BV?

Curious if that makes the mapping speed much better, ty for reply cool build.

Hello I am very glad you like the concept of the build. Thank you for asking this question, please find my test results below. I did a test with

[btw. I bought it for 1 chaos ;)]
To make it fair, I didn't change my character's position during the test, so you have a nice reference point while comparing different gear setups (with/without Elder mace, and With/Without Conc/Increased Area of Effect Gem)

TLDR

Elder mace doesn't help at all when we are already using Increased Area of Effect Gem. In all other cases it is helpful as you can see on below screenshots:

Conc. Effect + No Mace (small area as expected):

Conc. Effect + Mace (using Elder mace completely negates drawback of Concentrated Effect gem, as well as it increases the size of BV to the size we would have using Increased Area of Effect Gem):

Increased Area of Effect gem + No Mace (as anticipated quite large area of effect, but less damage for our build):

Increased Area of Effect gem + Mace (surprisingly Area of Effect didn't increase by switching from Shield to Elder Mace, I am almost 100% sure that it is caused by law of Diminishing Returns on Area of Effect, which means that at certain level of Increased Area of Effect, additional points doesn't increase actual area as efficiently as it would at lower rates):

Feedback section:
Spoiler

"
ThoryX a écrit :

after a bit of struggle on min/max with ring+amulet i'll consider this build concluded for me! any further improvement it's too expensive atm.

here my ring and amulet:

I've 20239 ES with 2584 strength @ lvl96. I think I did at least 5 Uber Elder deathless.

Anyway this was a very good build to play! thx Talamoe!!

"
CrazylikE a écrit :
I've seen some hate recently and just wanted to chime in and say that 20k ES is very much a possibility. I'm sitting at 20113 ES right now and ~1.7m shaper dps on Morph league.

I saw something about not being able to clear Legion as well, and I can clear the whole thing every time with the help of Vaal BV and Vaal RF.

Also experiencing no lag, its buttery smooth for me.

I started this league with explosive arrow, but that turned out to be really bad (imo), so I changed to burning arrow which was decent, but fighting morph's was a pain so I decided to try something else.

With this build, not only can I facetank them, but I usually kill them before they can even do anything, as long as I remember to save Vaal BV and Vaal RF and not use them on the map boss like an idiot.

That said, I have pretty good gear, and you will too if you dont give up.

"
rEDNiNE150 a écrit :
Edit: Holy shit this turned into a wall of text.

TL;DR Super tanky, fun and active. Works as advertised, and really easy to play at a basic level, much more active/harder to play optimally due to low dps. Bad at blight/legion/synth bosses/a small number of the new bosses. super laggy (FPS lag) and stuttery (server/PoE's fault due to necessary BV calculations). Play if you enjoy the above, but avoid if you dislike the mentioned content problems.

Just wanted to leave some feedback on this build becauase I saw a lot of people complaining about the price to start it. I rolled into it with a budget of 13-15 Ex about 3 days ago in Metamorph league. I did my research and saw that I could get all core components to give the build a try for its feel.

I knew going into this build that A) I'd be relatively slow (bossing, mapping, everything). And B) I'd need to invest that same amount multiple times over to get anywhere close to OP's dps (about 1.4-1.5m). Realistically I expected to end on 1 to 1.2 mil or so with GG Metamorph gear. After all, OP's got very strong Standard gear (the shield mostly). So in short, I really liked the idea of this build's top-end playstyle.

EDIT: I should mention that the DPS I had with the build (one reason I rerolled) was absolutely expected - and the OP was very clear about this. You really need all the DPS you can get and thats when this build will absolutely shine. It requires a decent chunk of investment, upwards of 20 Ex in Metamorph or so. I wanted to test the feel of the build and was very aware of this.

This is everything I'd bought for a total of 13-15Ex:

Plus every single Efficient Training and other jewel that's suggested for the build, in the right spots (Minus some DPS on the rare jewels). The only exception being my Watcher's eye, for which I had decided to grab a Anger version. Since a Clarity + Anger Watcher's is going to be stupid expensive this league. The clarity would've given me around 1-2k extra ES depending on gear. I did not expect to need this for testing the build out anyways. The anger one was a whopping 20% dps increase, so I fit it into my budget.

As you can see, I opted to use shield charge with fortify instead of the classic CWDT+Immortal call combo. I would actually recommend that to everyone, dropping at least one Duration cluster too. Since we have so much downtime that we spam much more BV stacks than needed.

Immortal call is nice, especially with a lot of +skill duration, but 24/7 Fortify feels better. I'd have linked shield charge to Culling strike later on. The build is so active and mobile that CWDT value falls off very fast, and our healthpool is enough to tank Ele damage, and fortify then takes care of hits.

First thing to mention, is that the build requires very active, very tedious skill management. You really, really need to keep every single buff up (Arcane surge through Flame Dash, Time your Vaal RF/Discipline/BV, and your BV stacks).

It does however work as advertised. You are extremely tanky. I facetanked everything and ended up with a 11.5K ES pool with that gear. Once I got to T13-15 maps is when some of the nasty Metamorphs and the right combo of mapmods + influenced pack spawns started to hurt a lot. This can definitely be overcome with more investment. I'd guess you can end up at 15-16K ES with something just below super GG gear (in metamorph).

Main reason I decided to reroll to another build now:
The league and current PoE is so incredibly poor performance wise, that this build suffers heavily from it. I really, really don't enjoy that I can't play this build to its strength when I charge into a fat influenced pack in the influenced maps and I just stutter and lag all over the place. Not the builds' fault. I'm not exxagerating either. Blade Vortex requires a LOT of calculations and sync server side (BV ticks on all the mobs) and will lag the fuck out of you. It's really bad. I played a triple herald BV a couple leagues ago, that did a lot faster attacks, and it was pretty bad as well. I'd charge into a HUGE pack with Inpulsa's and I'd occasionally freeze for 1-3 seconds. And no, it's not my PC. The game only got worse performance wise and as such the build really suffers from it.

Other reasons:
In order to play optimal DPS, you need to manage your cooldowns properly. And trust me, you're going to want that, because the DPS is very low on this build. The OP has every single checkbox ticked in PoB, that dps is only realistic in some cooldown occasions (vaal BV / Vaal RF / wave of conviction actually popped, which doesn't happen that often).

The gear I linked and my current tree give me 500K dps, with me ending up at 650K with a 6link. I could get around 700-800k with minimal extra investment, and after that it would be pretty tough to get more. I decided that it wasn't enough, in combination with its button heavy playstyle (my keyboard hand dude!) and the other reasons. I facetanked almost everything in the game, except for some metamorph skills and the end boss, everything else was very doable.

The build however also falls very heavily short in the following content:

Blight maps (too low dps to do anything above T7-10 depending on your gear), Legion encounters (low dps, low area of effect), Synth bosses (clutter/trap stuff making the fight eventually impossible), and some of the new guardians (the one with the banners, the ice one, and one other I forget the name, since each of these have a lot of downtime on our dps (cant stay close) and clutter the arena with ever increasing difficulty). I could not find ways to alter this build to incorporate more dps or burst.

The above in combination with the absolutely HORRIBLE fps lag/stutters is the main two reasons I decided to reroll.

The pack cleanup is also kind of annoying sometimes. You just don't have the DPS to run inc. aoe. to counter this. But this didn't bother me. I knew it going in, and it doesnt affect the build. You could definitely run Inc. AoE with a bit more gear and feel just fine. Then swap to Conc effect at bosses.

The build is super strong. I'd love to revisit it with really GG gear, but I really won't until the devs finally fix some of the stupid performance problems instead of adding layer after layer of new content, new flashy effects, and stuff that needs to be rendered out of nowhere such as spawning packs.

Also, gear is fairly easy to snipe. A lot of people don't value Strength (both implicit/corrupt and explicit T1 rolls, and % rolls too). Do your research and get the mandatory pieces (the three advertised by OP, and, IMO, the Watcher's eye with Anger.)

Keep in mind that OP was honest about investment requirements. I cannot recommend this build unless you have 15-20++ Ex to invest. The dps really needs to be there for this build to offer a better experience. If you have that, I'd recommend it to anyone that likes a SUPER tanky, slower playstyle, with plenty of room to get tankier/stronger. It's very fun for sure. Thanks for the guide, OP.

"
rEDNiNE150 a écrit :
Came back a bit sooner than expected hehe. Turns out, I really do like not dying!

80-90ex in gear (50 ex for the watchers. If you purchase just the anger one it's only 2-3 ex, you'd have the same DPS but around 2.5-3K less ES).

Rings are temp to balance Wise Oak until I grab a better shield.

All other jewels socketed.

Sitting at almost exactly 18K es. One more jewel in 1 lvl (I'm 95), and some STR to get on belt/rings/shield craft. Total should be about 20K ES as advertised.

I'm sitting at about 1.5m shaper dps pre-vaal skills with CWDT lvl 1+wave of conviction+combustion up (which is reliable to get up). Metamorphs melt pretty fast with them up, but some combos can still get a little sketchy if they spew out some laggy stuff really quickly on semi-juiced T16 maps. Still learning the abilities to avoid on the rippier maps. One of the spider spike ones is very painful. I will get myself into the habit of popping Morphs when Ngamahu is up + my cooldowns, it's a bit annoying but very important if pushing 100.

Amazing build, liking it just as much as I expected when I was in this build earlier in the league with too low of a budget and decided to come back later. AL8 sirus deathless is super easy. Clear speed is better than expected as well with this level of gear.

I'm working on a big boy ammy craft at the moment. A warlord ammy has insane stats for us.

Prefix pool warlord mods:
% AoE, Phys as extra fire, % dmg per 15 STR (goal 1), +1 phys gems, fire pen are great.
Fire leech, dmg per endu charge and +1 fire gems are the only bad hits in the warlord prefix pool.

Suffix pool will need T1 flat STR, % STR from warlord, and 3rd is flexible.

Playing around in PoB this amulet with % dmg per STR, T1 flat STR, and % STR, already adds a lot of DPS and can only get better from there. With a %ES finish or something like that, the ES loss is minimal. I'm going for this personally, because I would like a tiny extra bit of burst for metamorphs to feel safe to 100 while also doing juiced maps. Juicing is big this league!

my pob: https://pastebin.com/8yxnbZSR Look at the ammy in the items list how much DPS it adds. It's impossible to make pretty much, but even with one or two removed mods it's a really solid DPS gain for us. You can manually add/remove some of the mods (I have tranquility anoint on it + simmed 20% quality). You can also see that we lose almost no ES if you change the STR values to be slightly more realistic. It will be a long-term Imprint craft type of goal.

Just a friendly reminder to make sure you have a solid budget before you roll this build. You really need that DPS squeezed out in order to become a god. OP said watchers eye is optional, but I think you at least need an Anger one. It's like ~150K dps and only 2-3 ex. We need all the damage we can get.

Build is very very expensive. Youre looking at 30+ ex to get comfortably off the ground. STR stacking is more popular (= expensive) than ever with all the new % attribute rolls and catalysts. Efficient trainings and perfect brawns are approaching 1 ex each too.

But! Worth it. I'm having a lot of fun doing all content (apart from juiced Blighted maps) deathless and slowly making my way to 100 while enjoying the league.

Dernière édition par Talamoe, le 8 janv. 2020 14:06:36
Do the Shaper's Touch gloves work with BV since the gloves scale melee physical damage? BV is physical, but not melee. What am I missing?
"
TheDudexx a écrit :
Do the Shaper's Touch gloves work with BV since the gloves scale melee physical damage? BV is physical, but not melee. What am I missing?

Hello, you are right we don't care about melee physical bonus, as BV doesn't scale with Melee Dmg increase.

What we care about:

2 mana per 4 strength we want to have decent mana pool, as we use Watcher's Eye with 'Gain 18% of your Maximum Mana as extra maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity'. For me it is a 2.5k Energy Shield increase.

and

2% Increased Energy shield per 10 Strength (with 2400 strength it is a 480% Increased Energy Shield bonus)

These gloves provide me with ~14k Energy Shield boost.

For damage scaling we use 'Doon Cuebiyari' which provides 1% Increased Damage bonus per 8 Strength. With 2400 Strength you get like 300% Increased Damage bonus, which is enough with Chieftain ascendancy to provide you with 1-1.5 Mil shaper dps.

Dernière édition par Talamoe, le 10 août 2019 05:02:11
Looks very interesting but what is the good order for Ascendancy ?
"
Thezibaim a écrit :
Looks very interesting but what is the good order for Ascendancy ?

Tasalio’s cleansing water > Ngamahu’s flame advance > Hinekora, death’s fury > Ramako, Sun’s light.

Screenshot I posted might be a bit confusing, as it would indicate different order, I will change it tomorrow :)

/edit

Picture

Dernière édition par Talamoe, le 11 août 2019 05:52:34
cool concept here! The elder mace that gives aoe per str, any idea how big that makes the AOE of BV?

Interesting build! Reserved.
"
WalkwithWolves a écrit :

Hello I am very glad you like the concept of the build. Thank you for asking this question, please find my test results below. I did a test with

[btw. I bought it for 1 chaos ;)]
To make it fair, I didn't change my character's position during the test, so you have a nice reference point while comparing different gear setups (with/without Elder mace, and With/Without Conc/Increased Area of Effect Gem)

TLDR

Elder mace doesn't help at all when we are already using Increased Area of Effect Gem. In all other cases it is helpful as you can see on below screenshots:

Conc. Effect + No Mace (small area as expected):

Conc. Effect + Mace (using Elder mace completely negates drawback of Concentrated Effect gem, as well as it increases the size of BV to the size we would have using Increased Area of Effect Gem):

Increased Area of Effect gem + No Mace (as anticipated quite large area of effect, but less damage for our build):

Increased Area of Effect gem + Mace (surprisingly Area of Effect didn't increase by switching from Shield to Elder Mace, I am almost 100% sure that it is caused by law of Diminishing Returns on Area of Effect, which means that at certain level of Increased Area of Effect, additional points doesn't increase actual area as efficiently as it would at lower rates):

Dernière édition par Talamoe, le 12 août 2019 12:19:52
"
rabbita11 a écrit :
Interesting build! Reserved.

I am glad you like the concept! I hope you will try it yourself one day :)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires