[3.8] Talamoe's 💪 Strength Stacking 💪 Blade Vortex Chieftain | 2400+ Str | 20k ES+ |

Hello guys, it is my 3rd forum-guide you can check my other guides by using link from my forum signature.

I was really bored with 'melee-meta' and decided to theorycraft around some stat-stacking archetypes. I had very low expectations of coming up with something amazing that wouldn't require Head Hunter and hundreds of Exalts.

It was a coincidence that I decided to theorycraft with Marauder, as it was my only character in Standard league that didn't have gear and was basically unused.

Please note that gear I use is quite well optimized and it would be expensive to get similar rare items. I will post also cheap alternatives which won't cost more than few chaos each, so that the build would be accessible for everyone no matter the budget.

Easy Uber Elder 2:25 Min on first attempt (level 92) - ofc deathless

full video: https://youtu.be/D6y4IiGKD5o

T16 Hydra Clear speed showcase with 5Link, trash items and just 1 flask:

So what is this build about?

1) We stack a shit ton of Strength! (Both flat +Strength, as well as % increase of Strength and Attributes. You can find it in my gear section and check-out my skill Tree for more information).
2) We utilize 3 unique items that give us crazy bonuses for each point of Strength:

3) So from Geofri's Sanctuary, we get a crazy amount of flat Energy Shield, from Shaper's Touch gloves we get huge %Energy Shield increase and lastly from Doon Cuebiyari we get over 300% Increase Damage boost.

4) We use Blade Vortex as it is a very strong skill that scales with our % Damage Increase and Chieftain Ascendancy nodes. [I've also tried Armageddon Brand and it was fun but for me personally was lacking single target damage]

5) Vaal Righteous Fire is used to get some extra damage when finishing bosses

6) With decent gear you should have over 20.000 Energy Shield, 1.5 Milion Shaper DPS from Blade Vortex, 2-4k Energy Shield regen per second!

Path of Building

Bandits choices, Ascendancy, Pantheon:
Spoiler

1) Kill all bandits for +2 Skill points

2) Ascendancy nodes (Chieftain):

3) Recommended Pantheon choices:

Leveling Tips 1-67
Spoiler

You can use leveling tips from my other guide and then respect when you are level 80 and have enough gear required.

Pros (+)
Spoiler

-Cheap to start (No legacy gear required, can be done with cheap uniques)
-Exceptional boss killer: Uber-elder in 2-3 minutes with just unique items
-Extremely tanky with no currency investment
-Not a stereotype type of a build (we play as 15k ES Marauder who stacks strength and spell damage)
-Non-meta build -> low chance for a nerf (unlike cyclone and other melee skills)

Cons (-)
Spoiler

-Not SSF friendly due to Unique item requirements
-Clear-speed could be better
-Blade Vortex is not for everyone (you need to recast it every few seconds)

Gear
Spoiler

Stat priorities on rare items:

Flat Strength
% Increase Attributes
% Increase Strength
Resists
Energy Shield

Starting gear with prices I paid for them:

1 Chaos
1 Chaos
15 Chaos
35 Chaos
30 Chaos
30 Chaos
1 Chaos
6 Chaos
5 Chaos + small amount of jeweler orbs and fusings to make it 4-5 Link
1 Chaos

End-game gear:

Jewels:

*If you are on a budget just go for 1 Efficient Training in Witch Intelligence Area, and fill rest jewel slots with Brawn (cheapest jewel). You can also buy cheapest Clarity Watcher's Eye (just with 1 mod: Gain 18% of your maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield).

Detailed Gear Breakdown (test):
Spoiler

Gems
Spoiler

Chest (6 link):

Use Conc Effect for difficult boss fights for example Uber Elder

Weapon/Shield (3 links):

1)

2)

Helmet/Boots/Gloves (4 links):

1)

Note that I get, 30% more elemental damage from the helmet, as well as Level 20 Conc Effect and level 20 Burning Damage (If you don't like this approach you can skip using Vaal Righteous Fury)

2)

3)

Small note on my Cast When Damage Taken setup:

Cast When Damage Taken (level 1) - Wave of Conviction (level 1) - Curse on Hit (level 20) - Enfeeble/Flammability (Level 20)

Note that you can use two Cast when Damage setups (I like to use one setup with CWDT level 1 (that will trigger very often for curse and resist debuff) and second setup CWDT level 20 with immortal call, when I receive a very big hit and I need physical and elemental damage reduction.

When you are hit for more than 528 damage, Cast when Damage Taken will trigger Wave of Conviction (Aoe/Cone spell that applies -25% enemy fire res by itself) and triggers Curse on Hit setup with Enfeeble (I choose Enfeeble for Survi, you can replace it with Flammability for more damage). Remember that order matters! Cast on Damage taken needs to be in top left socket and Curse (Enfeeble or Flammability) needs to be in bottom left socket! otherwise this won't work properly.

Videos:

Effortless Deathless Uber Elder ~2 minutes (at level 92):
https://youtu.be/D6y4IiGKD5o

Deathless Uber Elder kill with 5 Link, just 1 flask and trash gear (at level 93):
https://youtu.be/NCAG0cqzgxk

T16 Hydra Clear speed showcase with 5 Link, just 1 flask and trash gear (at level 93):
https://youtu.be/_AgYRCizVrA
https://youtu.be/aan7z2O-MNk <-- Krillson video
thread/2616548 <-- My 3.8 Strength Stacking Blade Vortex Chieftain
thread/2526420 <-- My 3.8 Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone Raider Build (8-13 Frenzy)
thread/2556162 <-- My 3.8 Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone Slayer Build (Max 29 Charges)
Dernière édition par Talamoe, le 26 nov. 2019 16:32:31
Dernier bump le 11 déc. 2019 15:17:32
Reserved.
Do the Shaper's Touch gloves work with BV since the gloves scale melee physical damage? BV is physical, but not melee. What am I missing?
"
TheDudexx a écrit :
Do the Shaper's Touch gloves work with BV since the gloves scale melee physical damage? BV is physical, but not melee. What am I missing?

Hello, you are right we don't care about melee physical bonus, as BV doesn't scale with Melee Dmg increase.

What we care about:

2 mana per 4 strength we want to have decent mana pool, as we use Watcher's Eye with 'Gain 18% of your Maximum Mana as extra maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity'. For me it is a 2.5k Energy Shield increase.

and

2% Increased Energy shield per 10 Strength (with 2400 strength it is a 480% Increased Energy Shield bonus)

These gloves provide me with ~14k Energy Shield boost.

For damage scaling we use 'Doon Cuebiyari' which provides 1% Increased Damage bonus per 8 Strength. With 2400 Strength you get like 300% Increased Damage bonus, which is enough with Chieftain ascendancy to provide you with 1-1.5 Mil shaper dps.

Dernière édition par Talamoe, le 10 août 2019 05:02:11
Looks very interesting but what is the good order for Ascendancy ?
"
Thezibaim a écrit :
Looks very interesting but what is the good order for Ascendancy ?

Tasalio’s cleansing water > Ngamahu’s flame advance > Hinekora, death’s fury > Ramako, Sun’s light.

Screenshot I posted might be a bit confusing, as it would indicate different order, I will change it tomorrow :)

/edit

Picture

Dernière édition par Talamoe, le 11 août 2019 05:52:34
cool concept here! The elder mace that gives aoe per str, any idea how big that makes the AOE of BV?

Curious if that makes the mapping speed much better, ty for reply cool build.
Interesting build! Reserved.
"
WalkwithWolves a écrit :
cool concept here! The elder mace that gives aoe per str, any idea how big that makes the AOE of BV?

Curious if that makes the mapping speed much better, ty for reply cool build.

Hello I am very glad you like the concept of the build. Thank you for asking this question, please find my test results below. I did a test with

[btw. I bought it for 1 chaos ;)]
To make it fair, I didn't change my character's position during the test, so you have a nice reference point while comparing different gear setups (with/without Elder mace, and With/Without Conc/Increased Area of Effect Gem)

TLDR

Elder mace doesn't help at all when we are already using Increased Area of Effect Gem. In all other cases it is helpful as you can see on below screenshots:

Conc. Effect + No Mace (small area as expected):

Conc. Effect + Mace (using Elder mace completely negates drawback of Concentrated Effect gem, as well as it increases the size of BV to the size we would have using Increased Area of Effect Gem):

Increased Area of Effect gem + No Mace (as anticipated quite large area of effect, but less damage for our build):

Increased Area of Effect gem + Mace (surprisingly Area of Effect didn't increase by switching from Shield to Elder Mace, I am almost 100% sure that it is caused by law of Diminishing Returns on Area of Effect, which means that at certain level of Increased Area of Effect, additional points doesn't increase actual area as efficiently as it would at lower rates):

Dernière édition par Talamoe, le 12 août 2019 12:19:52
"
rabbita11 a écrit :
Interesting build! Reserved.

I am glad you like the concept! I hope you will try it yourself one day :)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires