[3.9] Fists of Fire | Boss Killer | Unarmed Cyclone | Cheap [Unique Heavy]

Hi SubtleBurgo,

This is definitely a great build for a fresh start, and also for someone new to the game. As yes, you will get the WW feels with this build.

In terms of the tree, the main difference between what I am doing in 3.8 versus 3.7 is going crit. Essentially what this means in no Elemental Overload, a unique amulet (Rigwald's Curse) and some different reserve spells to get enough accuracy (War Banner and Precision).

You can definitely use the build guide as is, but you might want to take a look at the current Path of Building link. It has the latest, and, what I think works best. All things considered, the dps output for 3.8 is about 30% more than what was achievable in 3.7, plus better defenses.

When it comes to leveling, you can pretty much use whatever you want until level 28. Once you hit 28, you'll want to switch to the latest gem setup (refer to the PoB link). If you're not rocking a 6-Link, pair cyclone with melee phys damage, elemental attack damage and conc effect on a 4-Link, Fortify w/ 5-Link and Infused w/ 6-Link. If you find you need more tankiness, you can always work in the Fortify sooner. Check out the PoB link or this POE Ninja link for the other gem setups (https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/SaintCabal/FistingWithFire?i=1&search=class%3DChieftain%26sort%3Ddps%26dps%3DCyclone). Since you'll be running with The Signal Fire instead of shield, you won't be using Tempest Shield, and you can also drop Empower and one of the CWDT skills (probably Assassin's Mark).

For early gear, grab both a nice Facebreaker (790%+) and Signal Fire, both of which you should equip at lvl 28 when you switch to cyclone. Also get a Meginord's Girdle. For rings, buy some Iron rings and use some essence of contempt until you get a decent roll. Also make sure you have some decent movement speed on your boots, which makes cyclone much more enjoyable to play.

At level 46, you'll want to get some Redblade Trampler boots and remake your rings with better essence of contempt. Around this point, you'll really want to start watch your elemental resists. You'll want to start having you resists capped at all time, and remember you're resists get rolled back after beating Act 5 boss and Act 10 boss.

From here you'll just want to move into the build's uniques as you meet requirements (i.e., Abyssus at lvl 60, etc.). Not sure what the market looks like for the console, but you may have a tough time snagging Circle of Guilt rings. If that's the case, you'll want to switch to steel rings at lvl 72. Unless you want to get fancy with Shaper/Elder steel rings, just use the highest essence of contempt that you can until you get something useful.

Finally, both Empower and Enlighten are significant pieces of the build. Corrupted lvl 3 variations of these are cheap on PC, but if they are expensive on console, you might want to start leveling these up in your alt weapon set up. This is something you should be doing anyway ... find a cheap 6-socket two handed item (axe, sword, staff, whatever) and socket gems in it to level them in your alt weapon setup. At some point, you'll want to start using Vaal orbs on your 20/20 gems in the hopes of hitting a lvl 21 gem. You'll also want leveled gems for rolling over 20 ... in other words, when you gems hit level 20, you can sell them to a vendor along with a gemcutters orb. In return you'll get a lvl 1 quality 20 gem of the same type. You'll want pre-leveled gems to use while you level these new L1 Q20 gems.

Hopefully this is enough info to get you started. But if you have any other questions, or are looking for insight into any particular aspect of the game, don't hesitate to ask. Path of Exile is an amazing game, but definitely lots to learn. A lot of complexity, which is why the game is so amazing.

Cheers!
Thank you so much!
Hi how tanky is this?
i wanna do blight maps t15
and get uber elder down
"
JuhlDk a écrit :
Hi how tanky is this?
i wanna do blight maps t15
and get uber elder down

It's not nearly as tanky as a Jug (but what is since ES nerf). That said, it's plenty tanky for Uber Elder. With a little skill, some decent gear and a basic understanding of the fight, you should be able to take down UE at lvl 92 or so. The Vix Lunaris shield setup helps a bit. For even more def, Daresso's Courage is a viable option (especially with the +1 socket gem corruption).

T15 are more an issue of offense and speed versus defense, but I haven't had any issues soloing them. Just make sure you have some decent movement speed on your boot, use Flame Dash and the Perseverance setup for Onslaught.

I'm at Delve 470 and going deeper whenever I come across sulphite which, I suppose, also speaks to the build's tankiness.

Perhaps others who are trying the build can chime in with their thoughts. Admittedly, my gear is pretty min-maxxed (mostly my chest, rings and jewels), so it might be helpful to get the perspective of someone with more average gear.

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

Hey man, I'm currently using the build as a league starter and everything is alright, however, I'm kind of confused about RT, Are we not using it anymore?, Also what's the order of the ascendancy?, What would be a good gear example to start mapping?

Thanks for the guide and keep up the good work!
Dernière édition par masterxkroxgk, le 17 nov. 2019 04:39:07
"
masterxkroxgk a écrit :
Hey man, I'm currently using the build as a league starter and everything is alright, however, I'm kind of confused about RT, Are we not using it anymore?, Also what's the order of the ascendancy?, What would be a good gear example to start mapping?

Thanks for the guide and keep up the good work!

No, not using RT anymore in 3.8 (or Elemental Overload, for that matter). Instead, we're using the unique amulet Rigwald's Curse for 7% crit chance. This leads to a lot more dps.

For Ascendancy, I go Ngamahu, Flame's Advance->Hinekora, Death's Fury->Ramako, Sun's Light->Tasalio, Cleansing Water.

You can work Tasalio in sooner if you need the 100% fire resist.

To start mapping all you really need to Facebreakers, some decent iron rings (make them with Essence of Contempt), Meginord's Girdle and some Redblade Tramplers. Then use your other gear (jewels too) to cap resists. If you want to really blow out your dps, add an Abyssus in the mix. To do this, you'll probably need a really good pair of rare boots with lots of resists.
Total noob here, first time playing POE and trying to follow this build as i learn the game.

I got path of building, and used your pastebin link, red text right at top, and got all that working.

But what passives should i be aiming for first? IS that a function in POB that im missing? If not, where should i be heading first?
"
Siven80 a écrit :
Total noob here, first time playing POE and trying to follow this build as i learn the game.

I got path of building, and used your pastebin link, red text right at top, and got all that working.

But what passives should i be aiming for first? IS that a function in POB that im missing? If not, where should i be heading first?

Luckily, this build is more reliant on gear than tree at the start. So the best path is to make your way toward Spirit Void via Master of the Arena, Bravery and Art of the Gladiator. You'll need Spirit Void rather early to sustain mana ... mana sustain is really the trickiest part of the build early on. You may also need to use a mana flask too.

Once you get to Spirit Void, you can split points between life and damage nodes as needed.
This build has been great so far, thanks for sharing it. I’m fairly new… this is my second character. I play on PS4 Standard, where prices seem high. This build is truly low budget, at least the non-crit Resolute Technique one originally posted. This thread has gone towards min/maxing the crit version, which makes me drool, but is completely out of my price range (Rigwalds Curse itself is several exalts on PS4. Even the cards for it are 30C). From the first posted gear set with basic rings, the only challenge I’ve had is obtaining The Red Nightmare gem (haven’t even seen one for sale yet). The other gems and enough essences to get resist/life on my steel rings were a bit pricey as well, but total was probably around 100c for everything. I’m up to T12’s and it’s been very fun and smooth.

Question for you… How do you handle bleeding? It killed me a few times (maybe I’m doing something wrong), so I tried a staunching rejuv flask instead of Atziri’s. That lead me to running Arctic Armor at all times, since I had a quick mana source. A bit of a damage drop, but everything is melting anyway. Was wondering what you thought. It seems to be working for now.
"
easypoints a écrit :
How do you handle bleeding?

I have staunching on my lone life flask, and this seems to work well for me. You might also be able to find a cheap corrupted jewel with the "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" implicit, but this might be tough ... it looks like PS4 marketplace is dead, dead, dead.

Really, the best way to defend against bleed is to improve your phys resist.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the build!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires