Syndicate Freezes, Stutters/Drops Frames Severely

Bump. Give it 2 hours before entire thread is deleted due to censorship, er new rules.

You guys will be busy! Better hire more people.
Censored.
Dernière édition par kolyaboo, le 5 juin 2019 00:37:23
I made a separate thread before becoming aware of this thread. I'll repost it here.

---

Lots of people have these performance issues, including myself. It is especially apparent during syndicate interventions where the game can freeze for several seconds, and then you're suddenly dead without even seeing anything. Also when you start the game it would disconnect upon loading the first or second town/hideout areas.

I'm not sure if this problem has the same source for everyone, people on reddit have said this fix didn't work for everyone, but I've identified it for myself. The problem is with the content.ggpk file found in the Path of Exile folder. I'm looking at it now after the latest patch (3.6.6c) and it has a file size of 22.8 GB (24,581,857,218 bytes). You can use this tool to lower the file size by defragmenting the file: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/28060

It reduced it to 15.7 GB (16,898,321,701 bytes). After doing this, the game loads much faster and the game no longer freezes as extremely as it did. Syndicate interventions barely even hiccup.

The problem with this is that it seems I have to do this every time a new patch drops, and the process takes 20-30 minutes.
I use the Steam client. I tried deleting content.ggpk from the folder and let Steam verify integrity of game files. It then redownloaded the file, saying it was about 18 GB. In reality it was 22.8 GB looking at it in the folder, and the performance dropped from the defragmented file I used on the previous patch. Defragmented again and it works well.

Again, I'm not sure if this is the source of everyone's performance issues. If you're going to try out this fix, maybe share your before and after file size and mention if it improved your performance.
Page 15?! Problem fixed?
Don't believe the Hype!
Dernière édition par bruts, le 10 juin 2019 11:50:11
:(

I am sad - i am losing my will to play over how many crashes i ve - most of the time they happen from loading another zone or when legion accounter starts.

tried reinstalling and different servers

i am gonna quit till some patch arrives i guess. would ve been a good league :(
Let me be the first to congratulate you, GGG!

3 months later, a 400 mgbs internet speed and (drumroll please):

NO MORE SYNDICATE LAG!

Seriously, I'm glad of course but this is just a damned shame.

You guys used to be good. :(
Censored.
Yes, happened to me also. Lost many Syndicate Hideouts thanks to crashes and instancing failing.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires