[3.9] Holy Totem Chieftain * Cheap & Strong League Starter with new holy spells! All content!

schade das alle Builds auf Englisch sind,
So, reached level 91, close to 92. Safe to say, Holy Flame Totem is absolutely insane. If built right. It has great clear speed, great survivability and easily enough damage to take down every boss in the game, including Uber Elder I believe.

My PoB has me now at 360k Shaper DPS, per totem. And at 6400 life. Here is the poe.ninja link for this build: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Chieftain&skill=Holy-Flame-Totem&keystone=!Elemental-Overload

I know it says 276k DPS right now, but it hasnt been updated for a while and I made some huge changed in that time. The PoB of the current state of my char is at the bottom.

Here are some pointers, regardless of budget. I am aware some might be expensive:

You want a lot of proj. speed. Without using the Faster Proj. support gem. We have three sources for that. 30% from the helmet enchant, 30% from Winds of Change and 20-23% from quality on the gem itself. 80% proj speed is enough to take the clear speed of the skill to Arc Totem levels, before the nerf.

% physical as extra fire is by far the best mod we can get. As long as we have enough crit, of course. Hysteria crafted Opal rings are the same damage as Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring. With the added bonus of life, resist and other stuff.

The second most important damage stat is cast speed. Get it whereever you can. Amulet, passive tree, wands/sceptres, jewels, and so on.

For some reason a lot of people are using Added Fire and Combustion supports. And not Fire Penetration or Controlled Destruction. The only reason I can think of is that Fire Pen. does not increase the ingame DPS... And that for new players, taking Controlled Destruction in a crit build is counter intuitive. But PoB clearly shows that both are easily two of the 5 supports you should use. After a lot of experimenting I ended up using

Holy FLame Totem
Multiple Totems
Infused Channeling
Ele. Focus
Controlled Destruction
Fire Penetration

Those are the BiS supports in my opinion. And according to PoB of course :D

Get Tukohama. Not Ramako. Tukohama gives us more damage, more survivability and overall more QoL stuff with the placement speed and reflect immunity. Imo there is no reason at all to got for Ramako.

And because you went Tukohama, there is no need at all to use the (either way totally useless) Herald of Purity... Herald of Ash is ~25% of all the damage I do. Why would you not use it for a phys spell?

Anger is of course a no-brainer. Also, get a % phys as extra fire Watchers Eye.

The mana problem: Get mana regen on the rings and amulet. Also, spending two passives on Righteous Decree helps a lot and is totally worth the loss of some life or damage.

Don't take Primal Manifestation. The two totem cast speed nodes leading to it do not work for Holy Flame Totem. PoB says that they do, but ingame it isa clear that they don't. Without those two nodes, the big node alone is not worth it to get. But the first small node leading to it with 14% Totem Damage and 10% Placement Speed is really nice, get that if you want.

EDIT: Ah yes, here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/h8qwZ7CL

"
Nerrew a écrit :

Ist halt die universal Sprache.

Aber wenn du fragen zum Spiel allgemein oder dem Build im speziellen hast, schreib mir im Spiel.
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 12 mars 2019 01:31:01
"
Mecielle a écrit :
So, reached level 91, close to 92. Safe to say, Holy Flame Totem is absolutely insane. If built right. It has great clear speed, great survivability and easily enough damage to take down every boss in the game, including Uber Elder I believe.

My PoB has me now at 360k Shaper DPS, per totem. And at 6400 life. Here is the poe.ninja link for this build: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Chieftain&skill=Holy-Flame-Totem&keystone=!Elemental-Overload

Here are some pointers, regardless of budget. I am aware some will be expensive:

You want a lot of proj. speed. Without using the Faster Proj. support gem. We have three sources for that. 30% from the helmet enchant, 30% from Winds of Change and 20-23% from quality on the gem itself. 80% proj speed is enough to take the clear speed of the skill to Arc Totem levels, before the nerf.

Then, % physical as extra fire is by far the best mod we can get. As long as we have enough crit, of course. Hysteria crafted Opal rings are the same damage as Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring. WIth the added bonus of life, resist and other stuff.

The second most important damage stat is cast speed. Get it whereever you can. Amulet, passive tree, wands/sceptres, jewels, and so on.

For some reason a lot of people are using Added Fire and Combustion supports. And not Fire Penetration. The only reason I can think of is that Fire Pen. does not increase the ingame DPS... But PoB clearly shows that it is easily one of the 5 supports you should use. After a lot of experimenting I ended up using

Holy FLame Totem
Multiple Totems
Infused Channeling
Ele. Focus
Controlled Destruction
Fire Penetration

Get Tukohama. Not Ramako. Tukohama gives us more damage, more survivability and overall more QoL stuff with the placement speed and reflect immunity. Imo there is no reason at all to got for Ramako.

And because you went Tukohama, there is no need at all to use the (either way totally useless) Herald of Purity... Herald of Ash is ~25% of all the damage I do. Why would you not use it for a phys spell?

The mana problem: Get mana regen on the rings and amulet. Also, spending two passives on Righteous Decree helps a lot and is totally worth the loss of some life or damage.

I found you today on POE Ninja and was like... Oh I'm doing this wrong and am changing my build to be closer to yours. lol
"
Mecielle a écrit :

I know it says 276k DPS right now, but it hasnt been updated for a while and I made some huge changed in that time. The PoB of the current state of my char is at the bottom.

Here are some pointers, regardless of budget. I am aware some might be expensive:

% physical as extra fire is by far the best mod we can get. As long as we have enough crit, of course. Hysteria crafted Opal rings are the same damage as Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring. With the added bonus of life, resist and other stuff.

For some reason a lot of people are using Added Fire and Combustion supports. And not Fire Penetration or Controlled Destruction. The only reason I can think of is that Fire Pen. does not increase the ingame DPS... And that for new players, taking Controlled Destruction in a crit build is counter intuitive. But PoB clearly shows that both are easily two of the 5 supports you should use. After a lot of experimenting I ended up using

Holy FLame Totem
Multiple Totems
Infused Channeling
Ele. Focus
Controlled Destruction
Fire Penetration

Don't take Primal Manifestation. The two totem cast speed nodes leading to it do not work for Holy Flame Totem. PoB says that they do, but ingame it isa clear that they don't. Without those two nodes, the big node alone is not worth it to get. But the first small node leading to it with 14% Totem Damage and 10% Placement Speed is really nice, get that if you want.

"
Nerrew a écrit :

Aber wenn du fragen zum Spiel allgemein oder dem Build im speziellen hast, schreib mir im Spiel.

i'm gonna do this for HC. would the tree still look the same? maybe drop some of the cast speed nodes for the scion life wheel or...?
"
Mecielle a écrit :

Holy FLame Totem
Multiple Totems
Infused Channeling
Ele. Focus
Controlled Destruction
Fire Penetration

"
Nerrew a écrit :

Hi there, thank for your detailed information.

5. I don't think it is that clear because it is just a matter of taste but I also added the version with Tukohama in the guide.
7. Not sure about Anger because Hatred with a crit watchers does more damage according to PoB.

Oh yeah one other thing... you really should try out the "offscreen clearing kamehameha totems (Divine Ire, needs increased area of effect). I am testing that at moment and it is so much fun :)
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Dernière édition par bashtart, le 12 mars 2019 02:43:59
"
Mecielle a écrit :

Have you tested the +2 projectile version of the helmet enchantment?
Is it worth take "Counterweight" and "Whirling barrier" if you want going to with staff?
"
_Regulus_ a écrit :
"
Mecielle a écrit :

Have you tested the +2 projectile version of the helmet enchantment?

You lose a ton of clearspeed. At least if you don't find a way to find proj speed from another source.

If you really want to have more projectiles, use the Rain of Splinters jewel. But I don't see how it will increase the clearspeed, with the cast speed I have, the screen is perma covered anyway.

"
gataoo1993 a écrit :
Is it worth take "Counterweight" and "Whirling barrier" if you want going to with staff?

Yes, I also thought about going the staff route with a +2 fire gems staff. Then definitely take those two nodes. I would drop the Shadow area nodes for that.

"
bashtart a écrit :

Hi there, thank for your detailed information.

5. I don't think it is that clear because it is just a matter of taste but I also added the version with Tukohama in the guide.
7. Not sure about Anger because Hatred with a crit watchers does more damage according to PoB.

Oh yeah one other thing... you really should try out the "offscreen clearing kamehameha totems (Divine Ire, needs increased area of effect). I am testing that at moment and it is so much fun :)

To 5: Of course, both are viable and useful, but having tried both I would always reccommend Tukohama simply for the taunt. You mentioned taking Tukohama for more clearspeed but less survivability in the edited guide. I use Tukohama over Ramako for the much better survivability :D

To 7: Do you have a PoB link where it is more damage? For me Anger + %phys as extra fire Watchers Eye is waaaaaaay more damage than Hatred + crit Watchers Eye, you can try it yourself with my PoB.

Wanted to test Divine Ire Totems too, but I would need to change around a lot of stuff, on the passive tree and in my gear to make them work to their best.

I also would build them as a Hierophant. Phys to Lightning is insane for Divine Ire and keeping the damage focused to one element is preferable. So no need for Chieftain really.
So are you running HoAsh and Anger? or is Ash not as important now?
"
Jaynen00 a écrit :
So are you running HoAsh and Anger? or is Ash not as important now?

HoA is a ton of damage because two of its mods affect phys spells. If you look at "damage per % of mana reserved" HoA easily beats the 50% auras, their BiS Watchers Eye included.

I also forgot to mention my plans for further improvement in that long post.

A Shaper Astral Plate with "+1 to level of Active skill gems" and "Spells have +1.5% to Critical Strike Chance" would be the high budget dream. But that will be a huge investment.

Also a level 21/20% Holy Flame Totem gem. But only level 21 without quality are available at the moment. And this is one of the few skills where the 20% quality is actually more important than a gem level :D
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 12 mars 2019 08:08:15

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires