[3.9] Holy Totem Chieftain * Cheap & Strong League Starter with new holy spells! All content!

"
Mecielle a écrit :

For some reason a lot of people are using Added Fire and Combustion supports. And not Fire Penetration or Controlled Destruction. The only reason I can think of is that Fire Pen. does not increase the ingame DPS... And that for new players, taking Controlled Destruction in a crit build is counter intuitive. But PoB clearly shows that both are easily two of the 5 supports you should use. After a lot of experimenting I ended up using

Holy FLame Totem
Multiple Totems
Infused Channeling
Ele. Focus
Controlled Destruction
Fire Penetration

Those are the BiS supports in my opinion. And according to PoB of course :D

What about dropping multiple totem support for another support

And use a 3 link for
Holy flame totem
Multiple totem support
Combustion

That way you get combustion debuff, better totem damage.

Say you used to do 4 totems @300k (for e.g.), total 1.2m

Now you do
2 totems @600k (remove less dmg from multitotem and add 40%ish more dmg from another support gem)
2 totems @200k
Total of 1.4m

discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
dejuvenate a écrit :

What about dropping multiple totem support for another support

And use a 3 link for
Holy flame totem
Multiple totem support
Combustion

That way you get combustion debuff, better totem damage.

Say you used to do 4 totems @300k (for e.g.), total 1.2m

Now you do
2 totems @600k (remove less dmg from multitotem and add 40%ish more dmg from another support gem)
2 totems @200k
Total of 1.4m

If you really want to, sure. But I doubt you will deal any more damage juggling both skills^^
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 12 mars 2019 10:37:43
Does Assassin's mark even work with totems or is flammability better? What about vaal righteous fire and vaal haste?
i just rerolled to this build from stormbrand inquis.

does tree change for hc at all? maybe drop some cast speed nodes for the entire scion life wheel?
"
Mecielle a écrit :

Don't take Primal Manifestation. The two totem cast speed nodes leading to it do not work for Holy Flame Totem. PoB says that they do, but ingame it isa clear that they don't. Without those two nodes, the big node alone is not worth it to get. But the first small node leading to it with 14% Totem Damage and 10% Placement Speed is really nice, get that if you want.

Shouldn't this the also apply to the left node in the circle before Ancestral Bond? Might be better of taking the placement speed node in that circle instead
"
blah2k6 a écrit :
"
Mecielle a écrit :

Don't take Primal Manifestation. The two totem cast speed nodes leading to it do not work for Holy Flame Totem. PoB says that they do, but ingame it isa clear that they don't. Without those two nodes, the big node alone is not worth it to get. But the first small node leading to it with 14% Totem Damage and 10% Placement Speed is really nice, get that if you want.

Shouldn't this the also apply to the left node in the circle before Ancestral Bond? Might be better of taking the placement speed node in that circle instead

Hm Mecielle are you sure about that? I understand why it might not work but is that confirmed that it does not? Does the holy flame totem don't cast a spell?

"
Mecielle a écrit :

To 5: Of course, both are viable and useful, but having tried both I would always reccommend Tukohama simply for the taunt. You mentioned taking Tukohama for more clearspeed but less survivability in the edited guide. I use Tukohama over Ramako for the much better survivability :D

To 7: Do you have a PoB link where it is more damage? For me Anger + %phys as extra fire Watchers Eye is waaaaaaay more damage than Hatred + crit Watchers Eye, you can try it yourself with my PoB.

Wanted to test Divine Ire Totems too, but I would need to change around a lot of stuff, on the passive tree and in my gear to make them work to their best.

I also would build them as a Hierophant. Phys to Lightning is insane for Divine Ire and keeping the damage focused to one element is preferable. So no need for Chieftain really.

You really should try it out... from what I have tested Kame-Hame-Ha Totems beat the Holy Flame Totem in both clear and single target dps but maybe it is because I am not really high level.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
So what supports do you run on 5l for the divine ire totems?

When I tried them while leveling I didn't like the delay between placement and attack but it usually one shot the pack
"
bashtart a écrit :

Hm Mecielle are you sure about that? I understand why it might not work but is that confirmed that it does not? Does the holy flame totem don't cast a spell?

Yea, ingame DPS does not change for those two nodes only. Not sure if its a bug, other similarly worded nodes do work.

"
bashtart a écrit :

You really should try it out... from what I have tested Kame-Hame-Ha Totems beat the Holy Flame Totem in both clear and single target dps but maybe it is because I am not really high level.

Yea, I will play Divine Ire Totems eventually, but I want to give them the best shot. As I am fully focused on scaling fire damage, I won't be able to do that. I already have planned the build in my head:

Hierophant, Atziris Reflection, Soul Mantle, Cowards Legacy is the rough outline :D

As it is now I am pushing towards 2m Shaper DPS, which is absolutely insane and having a ton of fun figuring the build out.
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 12 mars 2019 14:15:19
"
Mecielle a écrit :
So, reached level 91, close to 92. Safe to say, Holy Flame Totem is absolutely insane. If built right. It has great clear speed, great survivability and easily enough damage to take down every boss in the game, including Uber Elder I believe.

My PoB has me now at 360k Shaper DPS, per totem. And at 6400 life. Here is the poe.ninja link for this build: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Chieftain&skill=Holy-Flame-Totem&keystone=!Elemental-Overload

I know it says 276k DPS right now, but it hasnt been updated for a while and I made some huge changed in that time. The PoB of the current state of my char is at the bottom.

Here are some pointers, regardless of budget. I am aware some might be expensive:

You want a lot of proj. speed. Without using the Faster Proj. support gem. We have three sources for that. 30% from the helmet enchant, 30% from Winds of Change and 20-23% from quality on the gem itself. 80% proj speed is enough to take the clear speed of the skill to Arc Totem levels, before the nerf.

% physical as extra fire is by far the best mod we can get. As long as we have enough crit, of course. Hysteria crafted Opal rings are the same damage as Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring. With the added bonus of life, resist and other stuff.

The second most important damage stat is cast speed. Get it whereever you can. Amulet, passive tree, wands/sceptres, jewels, and so on.

For some reason a lot of people are using Added Fire and Combustion supports. And not Fire Penetration or Controlled Destruction. The only reason I can think of is that Fire Pen. does not increase the ingame DPS... And that for new players, taking Controlled Destruction in a crit build is counter intuitive. But PoB clearly shows that both are easily two of the 5 supports you should use. After a lot of experimenting I ended up using

Holy FLame Totem
Multiple Totems
Infused Channeling
Ele. Focus
Controlled Destruction
Fire Penetration

Those are the BiS supports in my opinion. And according to PoB of course :D

Get Tukohama. Not Ramako. Tukohama gives us more damage, more survivability and overall more QoL stuff with the placement speed and reflect immunity. Imo there is no reason at all to got for Ramako.

And because you went Tukohama, there is no need at all to use the (either way totally useless) Herald of Purity... Herald of Ash is ~25% of all the damage I do. Why would you not use it for a phys spell?

Anger is of course a no-brainer. Also, get a % phys as extra fire Watchers Eye.

The mana problem: Get mana regen on the rings and amulet. Also, spending two passives on Righteous Decree helps a lot and is totally worth the loss of some life or damage.

EDIT: Ah yes, here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/h8qwZ7CL

"
Nerrew a écrit :
schade das alle Builds auf Englisch sind,

Ist halt die universal Sprache.

Aber wenn du fragen zum Spiel allgemein oder dem Build im speziellen hast, schreib mir im Spiel.

kind of a new player here, im trying to follow ur updated POB link but theres like 4 enlighten in there? do i need 4 enlighten to run this build? is it possibly u could update the main front page to reflect what ur currently using its not confusing to veterans but for someone who is new like me its confusing and i was following what was on the first page luckily i dug thru the comments to find a more updated version, please and thank you for a nice build!
"
Jaynen00 a écrit :
So what supports do you run on 5l for the divine ire totems?

When I tried them while leveling I didn't like the delay between placement and attack but it usually one shot the pack

What really important is for this spell is increased area of effect and cast speed. The increased area makes the divine ire charge nearly on the whole screen and charges much faster. Also cast increases the charge effect.
I would go with
Divine Ire + Spell Totem > Multiple Totems > Increased Area of Effect / Conc. Effect > Infused Channelling > Added Fire Damage
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Dernière édition par bashtart, le 12 mars 2019 15:31:23

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires