[3.6] Indigon Winter Orb- Fast, Tanky, High Damage |Deathless U.Elder, T16 easy farm

"
desmondk07 a écrit :
Get Indigon + doedre / 3 fevered mind all you need to get started. Rest ia all about cost effectiveness- got a corrupted 6 link, belt, boots fairly cheap. Use mark of submission till u get a dedent warlock mark ring. My starting wands cost just 10c combined. Next for me would be to save up for dying sun I am completing taking my time on the atlas but i am pretty sure i can already do guardians/ shaper even on my current budget gear.

Hi there, I'm planning to create another character in Synthesis after completing everything on my league starter and came across your guide. I haven't played as a pathfinder in a while and never tried Winter Orb so this particular guide looks very fun to me.

According to your post above, in terms of gear progression, I should:

1. Get Indigon (what mods should I prioritise when buying one?)
2. Doedre or 3 Fevered Minds
3. Corrupted 6L / Belt / Boot
4. Use Mark of Submission till I can afford a nice Warlock's Mark Ring

"
desmondk07 a écrit :

Been farming U. Elder on my 20C wands. Testing the trigger socketed gems mod as mentioned and it works very well. Cooldown is 4s and frost bomb triggers at where your cursor is. Just linking lightning golem as well for the extra cast speed still thinking what might be the best combo here.

Can you provide a POE trade link of what would be decent budget wands to get started as well as the mods I should aim for in end game?

Thanks for making this guide!
"
Tumzie a écrit :
I'm probably missing a few big things because my character is pretty weak!
Can you check EGO_Ranger and point out what's wrong, perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

Don't link Added Fire to Clarity (you don't need added fire at all)
Don't link Empower to Clarity, just increases mana reservation, you need mana
Shouldnt need Increased Duration, get Controlled Destruction (if you have enough crit) or Added Cold Damage
If you get an exalt, first priority is buy a 21/20 Winter Orb
You need Conqueror's Potency gem to get +3 projectiles from Dying Sun
Swap GMP for LMP
You don't need Fevered Minds with the Doedre gloves. Get abyss jewels with life, mana, flat damage to spells.
An uncorrupted Atziri's Foible is better because mana regen
Your wands, get Profane wands with cast speed, flat cold damage, and then if you can afford Elemental damage as chaos damage. But cast speed is priority.

That should get you started.
"

Can you provide a POE trade link of what would be decent budget wands to get started as well as the mods I should aim for in end game?

Just search for Profane wands with Cast Speed and Added Cold Damage to spells to start. You don't need Increased Spell Damage or Increased Cold Damage - the Indigon provides plenty.

Long term, just look at our profiles here and see what we are using.
"
citizenX a écrit :
"

Just search for Profane wands with Cast Speed and Added Cold Damage to spells to start. You don't need Increased Spell Damage or Increased Cold Damage - the Indigon provides plenty.

Long term, just look at our profiles here and see what we are using.

Hi there, thanks for the quick response!

Noted on the Profane Wands and checking your profiles.

Regarding Indigon, can you recommend what mod is most important on it that i should prioritise?

Thanks!
"
Tumzie a écrit :
I'm probably missing a few big things because my character is pretty weak!
Can you check EGO_Ranger and point out what's wrong, perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

Increased duration in your 6L is useless. We already have a lot of duration and with the cast speed we get it's easy to maintain 8-10 stages while running across maps. Use a Controlled Destruction instead.

Get a wise oak flask and have your cold resistance above other resistances (taste of hate will help) it'll give you 12% cold pen.

Overall, keep leveling, improve your weapons as stated by others, get a 21/20 winter orb gem and finally get a loreweave once you have currencies (will help a lot to proc elemental overload). Check our profiles for the skill trees, we all use a slight variation depending on our preferences even if the man tendancy is to get cast speed.

Another tip (and everyone should check it out) is to buy a corrupted Conqueror's Potency with (8-10)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance to help you proc elemental overload, especially if your loreweave crit roll is low. Else you can look for area of effect.

"
kazafz a écrit :

Regarding Indigon, can you recommend what mod is most important on it that i should prioritise?
Thanks!

Max. mana (9%+)
Mana cost of skills (58%+, ideally 60%)
spell damage for each 200 total mana spent (24%+; ideally 25%)
Dernière édition par ploxirion, le 26 mars 2019 20:07:16
This character can be a very good MFer, too, with very little investment in some MF gear.

Just use Bisco's belt, a ventor's gamble and a divination distillate in place of zerphi, this way you go past 40% IIQ and have pretty high IIR, then run quad / penta sextant corrupted maps at the speed of light like no tomorrow. You'll get rich in no time even with average luck.

Proof I don't lie:

(I farmed the currency for the prophecy div cards, didn't have any luck with Navali)
Dernière édition par djnat, le 27 mars 2019 12:33:13
I have further optimized the build and updated quite a few thing on the guide including my current gear and POB/ tree. Change I have done on the tree is to branch down to take spirit void instead of the branches around devotion left of templar start. I did not realize that spirit void gives 25% increased mana leech / second (always thought it was 5% or did that change??) which is huge on Indigon and makes it easier to reach the 2000% spell damage cap. In fact I can afford to give up Sanctity (3pts) and Arcane will (2 pts) and allocate them to Mental Rapidity and life nodes.

The new ring circle of fear (increased HOI buff, reduced mana reservation) feels worth it as it adds around 10% more DPS which I have replaced the rare ring with.

My POB damage on WO shows already more than 1m and I am still using the cheap 2nd wand linked.
"
desmondk07 a écrit :
I have further optimized the build and updated quite a few thing on the guide including my current gear and POB/ tree. Change I have done on the tree is to branch down to take spirit void instead of the branches around devotion left of templar start. I did not realize that spirit void gives 25% increased mana leech / second (always thought it was 5% or did that change??) which is huge on Indigon and makes it easier to reach the 2000% spell damage cap. In fact I can afford to give up Sanctity (3pts) and Arcane will (2 pts) and allocate them to Mental Rapidity and life nodes.

It's a matter or wording: before the patch it was +5% to maximum mana recovery per second. This brought the mana recovery cap from 20% to 25%, so it was an actual 25% increase (25% of 20% is an additional 5%).

Now that there are more ways to increase that cap (watcher's eye, mana recovery rate on shaper belt) they decided to express that cap increase in percentage, but in practice nothing changed.

If I remove Arcane will (3 points for me, I took the subsequent node with 8% increased mana / 10% mana regen) and take Spirit void, I get less total mana recovery from combined leech + regen on my character, because my max mana goes down a lot (from 6702 to 6129) and my regen and leech are lowered accordingly.

And I lose about 300 ES too, which isn't that important but can be a decent extra buffer against big hits.
Dernière édition par djnat, le 27 mars 2019 12:27:18
"
djnat a écrit :
"
desmondk07 a écrit :

It's a matter or wording: before the patch it was +5% to maximum mana recovery per second. This brought the mana recovery cap from 20% to 25%, so it was an actual 25% increase (25% of 20% is an additional 5%).

Now that there are more ways to increase that cap (watcher's eye, mana recovery rate on shaper belt) they decided to express that cap increase in percentage, but in practice nothing changed.

If I remove Arcane will (3 points for me, I took the subsequent node with 8% increased mana / 10% mana regen) and take Spirit void, I get less total mana recovery from combined leech + regen on my character, because my max mana goes down a lot (from 6702 to 6129) and my regen and leech are lowered accordingly.

And I lose about 300 ES too, which isn't that important but can be a decent extra buffer against big hits.

I see. In that case then my calculations would be wrong, because I was pumping in 25% in the Indigon calculator. As such, the original pathing would be better. Let me check again tom.
/del
Dernière édition par wraith797, le 27 mars 2019 13:14:01

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires