[3.6] Indigon Winter Orb- Fast, Tanky, High Damage |Deathless U.Elder, T16 easy farm

What, in your experience, gives more DPS: Doedre Gloves + 3 Rare Jewels (with max life/mana and cold dmg)

or

Rare Gloves with DMG bonus vs. chilled enemies and 3 Fevered Minds?
3 good jewels can give you like 100 life, 100 mana, 70-80 added cold to spells. This should be way more than a rare gloves + 3 fevered mind. The loss in cast speed on doedre is made up for by the increased spell damage and chaos damage rolls. Added damage to chilled enemies mod adds very little on max indigon atacks. I always add 1500% increased spell damage as a modified base when checking items in POB.
Dernière édition par desmondk07, le 20 mars 2019 03:47:36
"
desmondk07 a écrit :
I always add 1500% increased spell damage as a modified base when checking items in POB.

How do you do that exactly? on the item you are checking, or somewhere else?

Also, with Wise Oak and Dying Sun, you need to factor in the +50% fire resistance of the Dying Sun to figure out which resistance is highest, right? Ahh crap, it's actually 77% because of flask effect bonus...
Yes you need to factor in fire resist from dying sun. Taste of hate gives you the same amt of cold resist to balance wise oak. You need to manually add the increased spell damage in POB to Indigon to see your real dps. To do that go to items edit the Indigon you are wearing and manually type in xxx% increased spell damage and save. You can see that in the pob i linked,
Dernière édition par desmondk07, le 20 mars 2019 12:23:09
How would you craft sceptres this league from a elemental -> chaos base ?

I don't remember seeing the hybrid cast speed / arcane surge mod in 3.6, I might have overlooked though. And if I recall correctly non-chaos as extra chaos was nerfed as well, is it still possible to get 15-20% mod ?

From an elemental damage as extra chaos single mod base, you'd craft multi mods, then T1 spell damage, x% double damage, cast speed (or hybrid cast speed / arcane surge if available), and what would be the last mod then ?

Edit: Nvm figured it out with poedb, best craft for sceptres would be :

- elemental as extra chaos damage
- hybrid spell damage / non-chaos as extra chaos
- hybrid cast speed / arcane surge on kill
- cold damage as extra chaos damage
- 5% double damage
Dernière édition par ploxirion, le 20 mars 2019 17:57:30
Few things to double check:
- added cold damage to spells gave more than cold damage to extra chaos last I looked
- if you have vortex or phase run linked to arcane surge you should be able to manually cast it every 5s and get permanent L15 arcane surge. As such might as well go for full increased casting speed.
- 5% chance for double damage not sure if still worth it. I was thinking of ‘trigger socketed gems when you use a skill’ and putiing frost bomb in it. Need to test though.
Dernière édition par desmondk07, le 20 mars 2019 21:10:48
"
desmondk07 a écrit :
Few things to double check:
- added cold damage to spells gave more than cold damage to extra chaos last I looked
- if you have vortex or phase run linked to arcane surge you should be able to manually cast it every 5s and get permanent L15 arcane surge. As such might as well go for full increased casting speed.

Will double check with PoB once I hit 70 with my pf, only rerolled yesterday but got most stuff ready.

"
desmondk07 a écrit :

- 5% chance for double damage not sure if still worth it. I was thinking of ‘trigger socketed gems when you use a skill’ and putiing frost bomb in it. Need to test though.

Even if this was the case, you'd need the trigger mod only on one sceptre right ? Although if you still craft 5% double damage on the other one it seems a low percentage to proc it reliably :/

How would work frost bomb with a trigger mod ? It'd be casted where you stand not where you winter orb hit right ? Meaning it wouldn't help at all with clearing, and not much on bosses either since you channel far away anyway ?
Not tested it so just thinking. You dont need that for mapping since you mostly one shot anyway. Am just wondering if it would generate frost bomb all over to get the debuff easier. I actually get up close on bosses usually cos i run Vortex- bonechill so it might work. If not worth it then just craft double damage lol.
Dernière édition par desmondk07, le 21 mars 2019 06:45:15

i crafted mine that way, it seemd that this give me the most dps. maybe im wrong and didnt checked all the options

edit: cold as extra chaos gave me more DPS than %spell damage.

i mean, why do we even need %spell damage? we already have A LOT from indigon.
Dernière édition par gasparoto1, le 21 mars 2019 13:50:20
"
gasparoto1 a écrit :

i crafted mine that way, it seemd that this give me the most dps. maybe im wrong and didnt checked all the options

edit: cold as extra chaos gave me more DPS than %spell damage.

i mean, why do we even need %spell damage? we already have A LOT from indigon.

Just checked, your craft isn't optimal. First of all added cold damage to spell > added lighting damage to spell.

Then, to answer your question, the mod we seek isn't a pure spell damage mod, but an hybrid one. It gives spell damage AND non-chaos dmg as extra chaos damage, and it outshines cold as extra chaos damage.

So according to POB the perfect scepter is :

(note that crafted mods have an average value to simulate the randomness of a multicraft)
Dernière édition par ploxirion, le 21 mars 2019 16:46:53

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires