[3.6] Infinite Blazing Flicker Strike Slayer – Stun/Freeze Immunity [BUDGET] The TRUE Flicker Build

"
Dimeneira a écrit :
I've had a few characters I got to level ~40 over the years but I wanted to get back into POE and after creating a Frost Blade assassin to start the league I made one of these. I used Molten Strike, Ancestors Call, Greater Multiple Projectiles and EDWA to get to 68--specced the tree the same as you laid out which works great for any fire damage build really--and then switched to flicker. Oh my god. I didn't know what this game could be.

Just started running maps for the first time so I'm going through some growing pains. At level 75 with just under 4k life. Sometimes it feels like I just die for no reason. Working on my 3rd ascendancy so I'm hoping the Impact splash damage will help with big packs. My resists are good and working on improving my defenses everyday.

I've included Molten Shell on my 4-link CWDT next to Immortal Call and that seems pretty nice. Bonus to Armor, saves me some damage taken and the explosion is cool looking.

You inspired me to theory-craft a build of my own. Respecced a Cyclone CoC Ice build for Arc with Augyre in PoB I want to try next.

Thanks for making this game fun to play.

You definitely need Impact for splash or Flicker Strike will feel REALLY clunky. I have had people try the build with only one or two ascendancies, but I cannot tell you how important Impact and Overwhelm are for the build. The sustain and clearing really comes from splash attacks and we don't want to waste one of our skill gems on grabbing a Melee Splash Support gem which is why we just grab Impact. Overwhelm also makes it so we are stun immune which is one of the key weaknesses of a Flicker Strike build. Getting stun locked is very common which is why we need to be stun immune so we can outleech our problems away.

Your life is definitely on the lower side and even at level 75 at that. Even without a Kaom's Heart, you should be able to easily break 4K life with just grabbing life+resists and following the skill tree. 4K life is definitely on the lower side and could be a contributing factor in why you are dying. Just try to get as much life as you can and cap off your resistances and you should be in an okay spot. This should be really easy since you can just use mostly rare gear for the build. Once you get your labs and more life, you won't need to use your Molten Strike setup anymore. Just using Flicker Strike should carry you once you get everything locked in place.

Let me know if you have any other problems or anything of that sort. I am all ears. :)

Good luck, exile!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
Bakuhakubasugasu a écrit :
"
Kurtlolz a écrit :
Hi, how do you deal with the mana pool ? And mana leech has no effect since there is almost non physical damage, i'm level 89 i'm trying it out, i used to do tier 13 maps, and now i die in tier 7 maps ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kurtlolz/characters

My flicker strike barely kill a white mob pack

Mana leech still works even if we only deal elemental damage as long as you grab the mana node that I have on the tree. That node leeches mana from your attack damage. You might be thinking about 'physical attack damage leeched as life' which is why you're saying we won't leech. If you take these nodes then yes, you won't leech anything since we only deal elemental damage. As long as you make contact with something with Flicker Strike, you will leech and sustain your mana which is why I can safely reserve so much of my mana. I just need enough mana to use Flicker Strike and I am good.

Take your profile off of private so I can view your character and give some tips. What could also be killing you is that you are getting stun locked if you do not grab Overwhelm as one of your labs so you become stun immune. I mention this a lot in the guide on how Flicker Strike suffers from stuns. This passive from the Slayer works wonder for the build.

I know that Flicker Strike is pretty mindless, but you actually need to know how to run a Flicker Strike to run it successfully. People usually just see the skill and just go blindly into it. There are actually a lot of small things that improve and build and what you need to do to avoid simple deaths and mistakes. But yeah, unhide your profile and enable your character tab so I can pull it into PoB so I can check what is wrong. I have done all content so far and will upload more videos after I finish up some of my other guides that are still in the works.

Good luck!

Thanks so much, I unhide it
"
Kurtlolz a écrit :

I just took a look... I can already see a ton of problems with the build... You are using this build as a Champion and not as a Slayer... :0 You need to swap your ascendancy over to Slayer at a lab buddy. You need to use a couple of orb of regrets to refund your current ascendancy skill points. Each one will cost about 5 points to refund. Once you unlearn all of your current Champion's ascendancies, then you can swap to Slayer. Champion is terrible for this build and it clearly says that this build is for a Duelist/Slayer, not a Duelist/Champion. I am not surprised that you are dying at all because of this. A Slayer brings way more offense and defense to the build.

You are following my skill tree somewhat, but you clearly did not grab the mana leech node which I have grabbed even at the level 70 skill tree. Look at the southern part of my skill trees that I listed. You see the mana and life leech nodes that I grabbed? You clearly didn't grab them and just kept progressing down further the skill tree. This is why you are not sustaining leech for life or mana. This is why you cannot sustain and survive. Because you also went Duelist/Champion, you are not getting any form of splash damage since Impact is only from Slayer. This will make your attacks splash. This is why your Flicker Strike is going to feel so bad without it. Clearing mobs is going to be too difficult without splash damage.

Another huge problem I see is that your skill gem setup. For your CWDT setup, I specifically say in the guide that CWDT has to be at level 2, Immortal Call at level 4 and Blood Rage at level 8. You have to make sure they stay at these levels so they trigger frequently and can trigger in general. You leveled them so high that they will rarely trigger for you. You need to make sure you grab the right pantheons and also capture Queen of the Great Tangle for the increased life recovery rate too. You need to get all of this stuff fixed before we even get to your gear choices too.

Please get these fixed and you will see a complete change. The way you currently have this setup, you are basically asking to not survive. :O

Good luck and let me know if you still need more help. Let me know when you get this stuff swapped so we can talk about your gear next.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Dernière édition par Bakuhakubasugasu, le 30 janv. 2019 17:56:18
"
YayChauvinism a écrit :
got that uber-lab, dont die to common minions now (blue, yellow packs) but any boss of T13 or hihger still shotes me. Will be w8tin for urs VODs

I just uploaded the T14 Dark Forest map that you said you were having problems with. I just took a quick video of me running through that map from start to finish. I even let myself get hit by the boss' move where he shoots a ton of wolves which does a crap ton of damage.

I wanted to show you that you can still survive it with overleech. You actually can tank most of it and have enough time to Leap Slam out of it if it gets dangerous. Plus, you also have a life flask to pop if it gets too dangerous too. The Shaper video will come afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa4ELbVhv6M

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
"
Kurtlolz a écrit :

I just took a look... I can already see a ton of problems with the build... You are using this build as a Champion and not as a Slayer... :0 You need to swap your ascendancy over to Slayer at a lab buddy. You need to use a couple of orb of regrets to refund your current ascendancy skill points. Each one will cost about 5 points to refund. Once you unlearn all of your current Champion's ascendancies, then you can swap to Slayer. Champion is terrible for this build and it clearly says that this build is for a Duelist/Slayer, not a Duelist/Champion. I am not surprised that you are dying at all because of this. A Slayer brings way more offense and defense to the build.

You are following my skill tree somewhat, but you clearly did not grab the mana leech node which I have grabbed even at the level 70 skill tree. Look at the southern part of my skill trees that I listed. You see the mana and life leech nodes that I grabbed? You clearly didn't grab them and just kept progressing down further the skill tree. This is why you are not sustaining leech for life or mana. This is why you cannot sustain and survive. Because you also went Duelist/Champion, you are not getting any form of splash damage since Impact is only from Slayer. This will make your attacks splash. This is why your Flicker Strike is going to feel so bad without it. Clearing mobs is going to be too difficult without splash damage.

Another huge problem I see is that your skill gem setup. For your CWDT setup, I specifically say in the guide that CWDT has to be at level 2, Immortal Call at level 4 and Blood Rage at level 8. You have to make sure they stay at these levels so they trigger frequently and can trigger in general. You leveled them so high that they will rarely trigger for you. You need to make sure you grab the right pantheons and also capture Queen of the Great Tangle for the increased life recovery rate too. You need to get all of this stuff fixed before we even get to your gear choices too.

Please get these fixed and you will see a complete change. The way you currently have this setup, you are basically asking to not survive. :O

Good luck and let me know if you still need more help. Let me know when you get this stuff swapped so we can talk about your gear next.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the detailed reply :)
"
Kurtlolz a écrit :
Thank you very much for the detailed reply :)

No problem. I am here to help. :)

For your gear, you should try to get way more life+resists so you have more life to survive better too. You can find life+resists easily for a 1 chaos or less if you filter the settings properly on the trade site.

Good luck and let me know if you need any other help.
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
You definitely need Impact for splash or Flicker Strike will feel REALLY clunky. I have had people try the build with only one or two ascendancies, but I cannot tell you how important Impact and Overwhelm are for the build. The sustain and clearing really comes from splash attacks and we don't want to waste one of our skill gems on grabbing a Melee Splash Support gem which is why we just grab Impact. Overwhelm also makes it so we are stun immune which is one of the key weaknesses of a Flicker Strike build. Getting stun locked is very common which is why we need to be stun immune so we can outleech our problems away.

Your life is definitely on the lower side and even at level 75 at that. Even without a Kaom's Heart, you should be able to easily break 4K life with just grabbing life+resists and following the skill tree. 4K life is definitely on the lower side and could be a contributing factor in why you are dying. Just try to get as much life as you can and cap off your resistances and you should be in an okay spot. This should be really easy since you can just use mostly rare gear for the build. Once you get your labs and more life, you won't need to use your Molten Strike setup anymore. Just using Flicker Strike should carry you once you get everything locked in place.

Let me know if you have any other problems or anything of that sort. I am all ears. :)

Good luck, exile!

Yeah, absolutely right. I swapped out an Elemental Damage gem for Ancestral Call and that really cleared up my melee pack problem. I don't die in maps anymore which means I can level again and grab more tree nodes and fix my life issue. I was trying to get the 3rd ascendancy last night but kept getting one-shot in the aspirant trials. Got my life up to 4.5k with just a few nodes but I need to really rearrange my gear for life/resists and trust the build. Once I get to 5k life I'm going to try the ascendancy again and once I have Impact I can get back to pure damage gems and I'll be cooking son.
Dernière édition par Dimeneira, le 31 janv. 2019 01:39:23
"
Dimeneira a écrit :
Yeah, absolutely right. I swapped out an Elemental Damage gem for Ancestral Call and that really cleared up my melee pack problem. I don't die in maps anymore which means I can level again and grab more tree nodes and fix my life issue. I was trying to get the 3rd ascendancy last night but kept getting one-shot in the aspirant trials. Got my life up to 4.5k with just a few nodes but I need to really rearrange my gear for life/resists and trust the build. Once I get to 5k life I'm going to try the ascendancy again and once I have Impact I can get back to pure damage gems and I'll be cooking son.

Sounds like a plan, bro. Just slowly work your way up and you should be good. Once you get more life and get your labs done, you will see a huge change for the build. Luckily the build uses mostly rares so you should be able to find life+resists quite easily and cheaply at that.

Let me know if you got any other questions or concerns. I'm all ears.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Trickster Version https://pastebin.com/bmhYzYYW
"
EBOL_QUAKY_BOI a écrit :
Trickster Version https://pastebin.com/bmhYzYYW

Switching the class and ascendancy make the build completely different and Slayer definitely does it way better for this specific version of Flicker Strike.

The overleech provides way too much survivability for the build and abuses Vaal Pact much much better. The degen is a bit more annoying to manage going Trickster too. I would probably build the Trickster variant a bit more different. We also need to use a Melee Splash Support gem to get splash damage which also lowers our damage.

Even funnier is that you literally just swapped the whole original Pastebin to Shadow/Trickster. :D But yeah, I would definitely build this differently and use some different items if I made a Trickster variant.
[Build/Stream Thread]

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires