[3.6] Infinite Blazing Flicker Strike Slayer – Stun/Freeze Immunity [BUDGET] The TRUE Flicker Build

"
Broles a écrit :
Damage on Full Life works with Blood Rage, as long as you have enough leech or regen to counteract it; as you stated, your life stays static at just under max, but that's just the game not being able to properly display full life. This was proven in 2017 as shown in this image.

Furthermore, this comment from Mark himself confirms that with enough regen (or leech, as stated on the wiki), the degen from Blood Rage doesn't stop DoFL.

If, even with the leech, you somehow can't sustain Blood Rage, then nothing should change. But if everything is as you described, then there's no reason not to take DoFL in your Flicker setup. Hope that helps, and maybe it'll help with future builds!

P.S. I'm actually leveling a character for this build. I just wanted to get some clarification on a seemingly easy optimization.

That's funny because that's what I thought too. I asked some people to confirm in the past and people always gave me different answers. Because of that uncertainty, I just didn't use it.

I think it should work if we overleech so I will get that swapped over when I can. Thanks for the reminder, exile.

Good luck on the build!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
Bakuhakubasugasu a écrit :
"
YayChauvinism a écrit :
I just loaded ur PoB link and then compared it with mine. Something absolutely crazy is happening.
I have just 46905 average damage while you have 78932 average damage.
you have 9k life while I have 7.4k Maybe that makes critical difference?
Dont know where did u get that amount of damage but the difference is quite huge.
Yeah, I see that in video u dont have any problem with boss, seems like it doesnt even try to hit u :D maybe u ran maps with only 4 mods or smth like that? Dont know what is wrong, should work but just getting killed all the time :/

Do remember that that is just the potential life I will get once I finish the skill tree and at level 100. I am not level 100 or anything, it was just more so to show you the potential end-game state of the build. I have a lot more damage because of the jewels. You get 7 jewel sockets at the end-game stage. If you follow the skill tree as is and even the level 70 one, you should have access to 7 sockets. You just get fire damage and life rolls on your jewels and that is good enough to carry you.

I run maps with any number of mods. It just depends on what I want to run and if I am actually deciding to farm stuff. I know you said you had problems with Dark Forest T14 too. Maybe I can record a clip from that or something, I don't know. You can face-tank that fight most of the time, but sometimes you might have to Leap Slam away from move where he sends out all of those wolves. Sometimes you can tank it, but on certain map mods and just to be safer, I would Leap Slam away from it.

He inflicts some serious bleeding too but luckily as a Slayer we have bleed immunity while we leech. Right now my guy is level 82 and he is just sitting at around 7K life too so the life situation shouldn't really be the problem. I just don't know what is going on for you with the build man. :| I don't have any of the problems you are saying so not sure how to go about helping. :(

Yo still me. Got only one idea. I still have not completed uber lab so I dont have
4th Lab: Overwhelm
node.
Can it be the reason why I'm dying so hard at red maps? Is it key node?
"
YayChauvinism a écrit :
Yo still me. Got only one idea. I still have not completed uber lab so I dont have
node.

You know what, I actually forgot to mention this part to you since I already mentioned it so many times in the build. I think you might actually be getting stun locked which is one the biggest weaknesses of a Flicker Strike build. Overwhelm really makes a huge difference for your flickering experience. Try grabbing that lab and see what the results are afterwards.

If you get stun locked, then you will just stand there and take an ass whooping which is common for a Flicker Strike build that does not have stun immunity. Let me know what the results are after taking that lab.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
Bakuhakubasugasu a écrit :
"
YayChauvinism a écrit :
node.

You know what, I actually forgot to mention this part to you since I already mentioned it so many times in the build. I think you might actually be getting stun locked which is one the biggest weaknesses of a Flicker Strike build. Overwhelm really makes a huge difference for your flickering experience. Try grabbing that lab and see what the results are afterwards.

If you get stun locked, then you will just stand there and take an ass whooping which is common for a Flicker Strike build that does not have stun immunity. Let me know what the results are after taking that lab.

Good luck!

got that uber-lab, dont die to common minions now (blue, yellow packs) but any boss of T13 or hihger still shotes me. Will be w8tin for urs VODs
"
YayChauvinism a écrit :
got that uber-lab, dont die to common minions now (blue, yellow packs) but any boss of T13 or hihger still shotes me. Will be w8tin for urs VODs

Good to hear that you aren't dying to mobs anymore at least. Not sure why you are still struggling so hard against bosses though. :(

I am still working on 7 other guides right now, but I will try to record something with this build for you. Work is keeping me busy too so I got my hands all tied up right now. I will probably do Shaper and a random Guardian or something.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Thanks for the great build. I just hit 68 and am using sub-par gear yet Flicker is working fantastically for me. Can wait to see what this does as I get better gear.
"
SamDark a écrit :
Thanks for the great build. I just hit 68 and am using sub-par gear yet Flicker is working fantastically for me. Can wait to see what this does as I get better gear.

Sounds great man! Glad that you are enjoying it. Luckily the build uses a lot of rares so there is a lot of opportunity to get better equipment and upgrade. Even if you do not have that much currency to trade for better gear, just keep slowly upgrading.

As long as you have your resistances capped, just slowly work on grabbing more life and finding jewels with life, increased fire damage and melee damage and you should slowly see some improvements.

Let me know if you have any other questions or anything of that sort!

Good luck, exile!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Hi, how do you deal with the mana pool ? And mana leech has no effect since there is almost non physical damage, i'm level 89 i'm trying it out, i used to do tier 13 maps, and now i die in tier 7 maps ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kurtlolz/characters

My flicker strike barely kill a white mob pack
I've had a few characters I got to level ~40 over the years but I wanted to get back into POE and after creating a Frost Blade assassin to start the league I made one of these. I used Molten Strike, Ancestors Call, Greater Multiple Projectiles and EDWA to get to 68--specced the tree the same as you laid out which works great for any fire damage build really--and then switched to flicker. Oh my god. I didn't know what this game could be.

Just started running maps for the first time so I'm going through some growing pains. At level 75 with just under 4k life. Sometimes it feels like I just die for no reason. Working on my 3rd ascendancy so I'm hoping the Impact splash damage will help with big packs. My resists are good and working on improving my defenses everyday.

I've included Molten Shell on my 4-link CWDT next to Immortal Call and that seems pretty nice. Bonus to Armor, saves me some damage taken and the explosion is cool looking.

You inspired me to theory-craft a build of my own. Respecced a Cyclone CoC Ice build for Arc with Augyre in PoB I want to try next.

Thanks for making this game fun to play.
"
Kurtlolz a écrit :
Hi, how do you deal with the mana pool ? And mana leech has no effect since there is almost non physical damage, i'm level 89 i'm trying it out, i used to do tier 13 maps, and now i die in tier 7 maps ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kurtlolz/characters

My flicker strike barely kill a white mob pack

Mana leech still works even if we only deal elemental damage as long as you grab the mana node that I have on the tree. That node leeches mana from your attack damage. You might be thinking about 'physical attack damage leeched as life' which is why you're saying we won't leech. If you take these nodes then yes, you won't leech anything since we only deal elemental damage. As long as you make contact with something with Flicker Strike, you will leech and sustain your mana which is why I can safely reserve so much of my mana. I just need enough mana to use Flicker Strike and I am good.

Take your profile off of private so I can view your character and give some tips. What could also be killing you is that you are getting stun locked if you do not grab Overwhelm as one of your labs so you become stun immune. I mention this a lot in the guide on how Flicker Strike suffers from stuns. This passive from the Slayer works wonder for the build.

I know that Flicker Strike is pretty mindless, but you actually need to know how to run a Flicker Strike to run it successfully. People usually just see the skill and just go blindly into it. There are actually a lot of small things that improve and build and what you need to do to avoid simple deaths and mistakes. But yeah, unhide your profile and enable your character tab so I can pull it into PoB so I can check what is wrong. I have done all content so far and will upload more videos after I finish up some of my other guides that are still in the works.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Dernière édition par Bakuhakubasugasu, le 30 janv. 2019 10:01:15

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires