3.6 CI Occultist Vortex Starter/Endgame Build Guide | Tanky | Budget | All Content +Video

Very nice build !
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Dernière édition par Hey0cean, le 13 mars 2019 12:30:05
"
kazafz a écrit :
Hi Durnz,

Great build - enjoying it as a league starter right now. I do have a question though.

How can I increase survivability against Porcupine spikes? I find that I mainly only die to these bad boys. Should I just have Immortal Call + CWDT set up?

Or are there better alternatives?

Thanks

Yes, Since your Cold Snap is not linked to Elemental Focus, it can freeze the enemies. Frozen porcuspines doesn't shoot spikes and you can easylly freeze them. So kill them with Cold Snap (from distance so you won't get hit by them all)
"
Saafen a écrit :
"
Durnz a écrit :
"
Saafen a écrit :
What do you guys think about going Low Life and use the new aura Malevolence + clarity to get low life? Is the aura worth it to lose the ES from a high ES armor?

That depends if you want more damage or defense. I think the damage is rly great already.
Did you see the changes I've made btw? Not using Blasphemy + Frostbite and Aspect of the Spider anymore. Malevolence proved to be better than this, cheaper and stronger. Still allows you to get Frostbite or Enfeeble on CWDT and getting a full use for Witchfire Brew Flask.

Thanks for answer. I did my tree before I did read your guide and to my surprise it was pretty much identical to yours. Skipping the minion damage, and I really like it.

But I'm playing HC and decided to go 2curse (enfeeble and temp chain) and I have no idea if the damage will be good enough late game without frostbite or Malevolence.
I was really lucky to get a Shav drop and that's what got me thinking if I should use it late game as Low Life with Malevolence or if the damage will be enough without it. Maybe I should just sell the Shav and buy good gear. Or drop a curse and use 1curse + Malevolence (your tree). Hmm... Decisions =)

The damage will be good. No worries
"
Durnz a écrit :

Yes, Since your Cold Snap is not linked to Elemental Focus, it can freeze the enemies. Frozen porcuspines doesn't shoot spikes and you can easylly freeze them. So kill them with Cold Snap (from distance so you won't get hit by them all)

Thanks for that! I guess I shouldn't just Flame Dash into a porcupine pack and Vortex them haha - i'm using Vaal Cold Snap atm so that might work.
Hey, why does this build use Clarity? Mana shouldn't be an issue right?
"
IllusiveGuy a écrit :

If you have like 90 mana and Vortex costs 85 you can't just spam Vortex + Cold Snap all the time. In that case it is an issue because I don't want to use Mana Flask or spent some time waiting the mana regenerates
Dernière édition par Durnz, le 13 mars 2019 20:46:50
"
Durnz a écrit :
"
IllusiveGuy a écrit :

If you have like 90 mana and Vortex costs 85 you can't just spam Vortex + Cold Snap all the time. In that case it is an issue because I don't want to use Mana Flask or spent some time waiting the mana regenerates

But wouldn't you have more mana if Clarity wasn't reserving some? I guess it still works out ahead.

Also, how is running this without IC?
Trying to follow this guide but I haven't played since 3.0... Can someone give me a detailed twink gear setup for this build? I remember I need a tabula, goldrim, and wanderlust, but that's about it :P
I can do up to 18% reflect maps with the small God in the pantheon that reduces reflect and mainly using vortex. If you try to use cold snap don't cast it on top of the mobs, let only the dot kill it. I also unslot storm brand.
Dernière édition par xikorita, le 14 mars 2019 09:25:10
"
IllusiveGuy a écrit :
"
Durnz a écrit :
"
IllusiveGuy a écrit :

But wouldn't you have more mana if Clarity wasn't reserving some? I guess it still works out ahead.

Also, how is running this without IC?

Doesn't matter the ammount mana you have available, eventually you'll get out of mana if you don't have enough mana regen.
Unless they changed the mana cost of Vortex and Colp Snap what I don't remember lol

Edit: Ok, Mana costs has been reduced for both skills. As I'm not playing this build in this league I can't tell you how it is without Clarity. If you're ok without it, nice! let me know
Dernière édition par Durnz, le 14 mars 2019 19:35:47

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires