[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

"
So is that overall 60% MORE damage for winter orb? since it has 6 tags? that should outclass another support gem easily

There is no way it works like that, it would be almost 100% more damage. It prolly gives 10% more damage for anything that uses at least one of the WO tags.

EDIT: @markuskanada, these 2 nodes give 40% from WO 6% base, so 2.4%. IIt would put us at 4.8%, so pretty much no difference.

The question is - do we need the 40% AoE to overlap explosions? Because Controlled Destruction is quite a lot more damage compared to Added Cold for example, but it's probably not worth it if we loose the shotgun effect. Anyway, I'll probably just take these 2 crit instead of a jewel untill I think of something better, 2 passive points is not a big cost for no problems with EO and 15-20% more damage wit CD instead of added cold.
Dernière édition par seciak, le 6 mars 2019 18:53:23
"
seciak a écrit :
"
So is that overall 60% MORE damage for winter orb? since it has 6 tags? that should outclass another support gem easily

There is no way it works like that, it would be almost 100% more damage. It prolly gives 10% more damage for anything that uses at least one of the WO tags.

You're prolly right, but reading it at first it seemed like thats how it works :D

IGN: FluffyMetamorph
I am really happy to see others trying to convert the build to 3.6 since the OP isn't active anymore. I tried the build as well in the past few days and liked it! Winter Orb even after the nerf seems pretty overpowered. A little boring after awhile but overpowered AF!
"
appreciate the feedback, and yes I thought about the same thing! Have to test it tho, if enough crit - but seems like we can get loose of controlled destruction for infusion, wtf is this support gem :D

haha, I saw those new gem numbers too and infused channeling sounds so crazy. cant wait to try it. and yes, i also planned on swapping it with controlled destruciotn, it would also help getting our crits for ele overload.

"
EDIT: @markuskanada, these 2 nodes give 40% from WO 6% base, so 2.4%. IIt would put us at 4.8%, so pretty much no difference.

The question is - do we need the 40% AoE to overlap explosions? Because Controlled Destruction is quite a lot more damage compared to Added Cold for example, but it's probably not worth it if we loose the shotgun effect. Anyway, I'll probably just take these 2 crit instead of a jewel untill I think of something better, 2 passive points is not a big cost for no problems with EO and 15-20% more damage wit CD instead of added cold.

thank you for these numbers.
yep, sacrificing a jewel would also be a good and easy option.
I think Controlled Destruction can be swapped for infused channeling. that would help with the crit as well.

and i did never use added cold, i have a slightly different setup from a different guide, but very similar to this one.

i think i will try as my 6l:

WinterOrb
Greater M P
Cold to Fire
Concentrated Effect
Infused Channeling (was controlled destruction before)
Hypothermia

"
shadowerwtas a écrit :
I am really happy to see others trying to convert the build to 3.6 since the OP isn't active anymore. I tried the build as well in the past few days and liked it! Winter Orb even after the nerf seems pretty overpowered. A little boring after awhile but overpowered AF!

i think this build was pretty popular and I believe he will be back for an update. i mean why not, he put a lot of work into this, why stop it here...
https://pastebin.com/QBNw2uvu

I think I will go with this tree after all, at least at the beginning. I feel like "Ash, Frost and Storm" and "Frost Walker" give so much resists and damage it would be a waste to not take them, and it should make gearing way easier.
If anyone still wants to play with controlled destruction, you can drop amplify at the start of templar and take the two crit nodes as mentioned before.
You can compensate the loss of aoe by taking Lethal Assault and the two connected nodes instead of Resourcefulness (Starting area of Shadow).
Its little bit less damage, but with cd its alright I think.

Edit: I really hope that infusion gives us those juicy 60% more Damage :)
If so, then hell yeah, get rid of controlled destruction!!
Dernière édition par TheBigMic, le 7 mars 2019 00:44:27
I prolly switch up the Gem Set up aswell, I'll run triple herald with an enlighten, without a golem, cast speed should be enough!

Also another thing I was thinking about was not going for the duration cluster "exceptional performance" when playing with infusion - infusion has its buff for 6 seconds, to have 100% uptime get winterorb to run 6 seconds aswell to maximize damage and have some points to spend elsewhere for damage.

But that's also something to try out later, don't know if its comfy to have "only" 6-7 seconds to run around instead of 10 what an elementalist can do with the duration clusters
#################
EDIT: Infusion is affected by Skill Duration aswell, nvm it will be up 100% while Worb is up aswell.
Dernière édition par Lyxara, le 7 mars 2019 01:29:55
"

I would say you only get 10% more damag.
It says damage type..and the only damage type of winter orb is cold (spell, aoe, duration are no damage types (cold, lightning, fire)
"
TheBigMic a écrit :
"

I would say you only get 10% more damag.
It says damage type..and the only damage type of winter orb is cold (spell, aoe, duration are no damage types (cold, lightning, fire)

You are right, that means a total of 49% more spell damage

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires