[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

"
subiedude8 a écrit :
What should my gearing priority be going into maps? Take into consideration that this is my league starter so I'm poor for now. Obviously shavs is out of the question. I'm a bit miffed that chaos got buffed because I've been wanting to play this build since last season and now some of the uniques are expensive at league start. Oh well. If it's not mathil it's some other RNG lol.

I think the Weapon Shield combo is the best thing at first to invest in. It should not be tooooo expensive (if the shield is - just buy two twilight temple maps and get it yourself - check the wiki if you are not sure what i mean by that)

Yeah, shavs would obviously be good - but you can run a tabula or something else for the time being. Perfectly fine for even low end red maps. Just make sure not to reserve all your life away due to the threat chaos damage poses.

You can substitute alleopathy - just take infused channeling out for the time being and socket blight, contagion, increased area and arcane surge (keep that at a level that feels good for you to play - check the tooltip/manacost for arcane surge to trigger).

Rings, talent tree and a crafted +strength roll on your boots are a good way to gain enough strength to carry the shield.

Damage on ED is highly link-dependant. Try to get as many as you can for cheap. A tabula is probs the best option.

And yeah - :/ I don't really have the time to play much due to RL but I think I would not play that build that early in the league - simply because everyone tries out the new chaos stuff. Kinda a bummer.
Dernière édition par Cyrix1337, le 15 mars 2019 15:14:09
How do you level with this build? Hybrid and then respec at higher level when you have Shavronne? And if I can only afford 5L shav, what are the links? Drop Empowered?
"
Sleepy1992 a écrit :
How do you level with this build? Hybrid and then respec at higher level when you have Shavronne? And if I can only afford 5L shav, what are the links? Drop Empowered?

Yes, yes, yes and yes.
cant find a decent auls ammy without spending 15+ex. Any substitutes for the moment?
"
Toocrunk a écrit :
cant find a decent auls ammy without spending 15+ex. Any substitutes for the moment?

Chaos Impresence works as well - need to switch around the bloodmagic setup a bit for it to work but should be considerably cheaper.

Presence of Chayula is neat too - but you can't run the Aspect of the Spider any longer. Cheers! :)
So if you don't have a Shav at start do you take Chaos Inoculation until you get a Shaverron ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta a écrit :
So if you don't have a Shav at start do you take Chaos Inoculation until you get a Shaverron ?

You can - but I honestly do not see the advantage?

Having good ES gear while leveling is kinda a bit of a struggel. I personally rather have - I dunno? 2k ES and another 1k life I can use a lifeflask with instead of reducing my lifepool to 1, effectivly cutting a third of my total HP/ES off and not being able to use lifeflasks - all for the dubious benefit of being immune to Chaos Damage.

While levelling you also have the problem that a lot of the mechanics to make ES tanky are locked behind labs/ascendancys and/or expensive gear modifiers. That conversly makes being able to press a lifeflask really good.

CI only really shines if you have modifiers which enable you take a portion of your damage as chaos damage (to which you then are immune - incandecent heart is well known/liked for that) or are an Attack based build opposed to an Spell based one. Attacks can benefit from the 'More damage at full life' support gem - and with CI you are always at 'full life' - and if you are not you are dead. But that doesnt do anything for casters/spell based builds.

TL;DR: If you value being immune to chaos damage that much you can go for it - but there really is no point to do so while levelling with hodgepot gear.

Also on Page 2 of the guide I wrote a bigger part on how to level this.
Dernière édition par Cyrix1337, le 17 mars 2019 12:13:04
What can you use beside empower in your 6 link ? Energy shield support ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta a écrit :
What can you use beside empower in your 6 link ? Energy shield support ?

Nah, that doesnt really work.

Arcane Surge or Less Duration work. Less Duration would also be a red socket. Ultimatly you would want an Empower though.
Updated the Guide with a new PoB for those of you who want to take things further.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires