[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Added a note about stat balance to the Gear - Jewels section:

Str/Dex balance: You want to keep Str above Dex, so that Cyclopean Coil makes you immune to ignite. The tree gives you one extra +10 Str node near Ethereal Feast, but the two Str nodes between overlapping Brute Force Solutions double-convert to Int with -20 Str. As a result, your Dex gets slightly higher than Str. To fix this issue, either use rare jewels with the '+8-10 Str and Int' mod, or simply use a rare jewel instead of Brute Force Solution in the socket near the Scion start.
Just killed Shaper for first time this league. Took me a bit longer then in other leagues since this league for me map drops were not quite good and the coverage of Atlas was a bit tedious; also i got involved a lot with the league mechanics, spent a lot of time in Nexus area instead of doing maps to fill the Atlas.

Because i am a big noob, forgot to to switch pantheon from Soul of Solaris to Soul of Arakaali to benefit from the % increased ES recovery granted by Blood Rage. Was using Soul of Arakaali for previous Chimera fight since i don't use Blood rage yet in that fight.

Even noobish, forgot also to switch from Frostbite to Enfeeble so the damage taken was a bit higher than normal!

And in the last few seconds of the fight failed also the Challenge "Defeat The Shaper without detonating any Anomalies" - will get it next time for sure , even id is not quite an easy challenge for most of the builds.

Nevertheless the fight went pretty smooth, Shaper is way to easy for this build in this moment of time.

Here is the video of the fight for those who want to see in action this league version of the build (first one without Vaal Pact):

Whispering Ice CI Occultist vs. The Shaper (Synthetis league)

Dernière édition par lilianmarius, le 22 mars 2019 17:31:58
Solved.
Dernière édition par Stibor, le 22 mars 2019 19:41:15
"
lilianmarius a écrit :
"
LastMagus a écrit :
Yeah face tanking is not really an option without micromanaging flasks for each guardian fight. That being said, phoenix is easy to kite and minotaur goes down fast. The biggest issues I had so far ... hydra (by the time you see her pop up after the phase and lay down some icestorm... you better have flasks to run away)

And chimera... what can i say about this dude...

1. i can't see the smoke. it's blackish not grey and all over the map. Wasted 5 portals only on the smoke phases trying to find chimera. basalt flask up, no dice,

With my char last league starting with around 2100-2150 Intelligence and 12k-12.5k ES i didnt feel anymore the need to switch any of the basic flask setup or to use any specific aura in different T16 Guardians fights being them Elder's or Shaper's Guardians. And this even for -min max resistances or added damage mods maps.

Witth 50 ex stuff yeah all good^^
"
Stibor a écrit :
Went back a few pages and stalked both Kelvynn and lilianmarius gear but don't see how you sustain mana. With all 3 auras up, linked with bonechill I have 106 mana left which drains fast.

Running a 6 link winter orb is going to use a lot more mana...
"
Ratedetar a écrit :
"
Stibor a écrit :
Went back a few pages and stalked both Kelvynn and lilianmarius gear but don't see how you sustain mana. With all 3 auras up, linked with bonechill I have 106 mana left which drains fast.

Yeah I also had not gotten "Coldhearted Calculations" and it now is fine but thanks :D
hey lilianmarius i was stalking your character lol why didnt you grab breath of rhyme ? you chose the jewel socket and the 3 int node over those 4 nodes ?
"
Kelvynn a écrit :

So this is my advice for the Synthesis league: IGNORE IT and enjoy the rest of the game. At least until the announced revamp happens.

We are in agreement Kelvynn! I've been playing since 1.3.1 and while I don't like to be salty this league is pretty lackluster compared to others I remember (Abyss being my favorite). I'm just delving to make money like last league and trying to fill out my Atlas (seems harder this league, maybe just bad RNG in my case)...but yeah, poop on the damn Nexus!

On a more positive note, I finally got my hands on my endgame boots and after about 10 lab runs (and two Twice Enchanted Prop's) I got my enchant!

ES is a bit lower than I wanted but the resists are more important. Like you said, 0.4% Leech from Cruel lab is plenty and my mana problems are now solved. I've got my Endgame rings, belt and Astramentis...now for Gloves, Armor and Helmet (and praying some Exalts rain from the sky, lol).
"
Ratedetar a écrit :
"
Stibor a écrit :

Warlord mark on hit elder ring pretty useful
"
SasoriOtoko a écrit :
"
Kelvynn a écrit :

So this is my advice for the Synthesis league: IGNORE IT and enjoy the rest of the game. At least until the announced revamp happens.

We are in agreement Kelvynn! I've been playing since 1.3.1 and while I don't like to be salty this league is pretty lackluster compared to others I remember (Abyss being my favorite). I'm just delving to make money like last league and trying to fill out my Atlas (seems harder this league, maybe just bad RNG in my case)...but yeah, poop on the damn Nexus!

On a more positive note, I finally got my hands on my endgame boots and after about 10 lab runs (and two Twice Enchanted Prop's) I got my enchant!

ES is a bit lower than I wanted but the resists are more important. Like you said, 0.4% Leech from Cruel lab is plenty and my mana problems are now solved. I've got my Endgame rings, belt and Astramentis...now for Gloves, Armor and Helmet (and praying some Exalts rain from the sky, lol).

Congrats, that's a nice pair of boots!
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires