[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn a écrit :

Final result:

Just need to catch Hillock in Fortification now to make it 28q. Probably was easier to buy some Perfect Fossils (4c) and get it to 28-30q before starting. And this will absolutely do for the endgame. Maybe I'll craft or buy a better one later, but for now the chest slot is done.

Nice armour! I'm trying to make my own armour with fossils...so far I've yet to hit the %Int but anything with high ES sells for a ton right now. I may have to give this way a shot...I would really like to make my own armour this league...I had a nice piece in Betrayal but it cost me (17 EX as I recall).
"
KiadawP a écrit :
Hello, Thanks for the guide. I am a returning player (last played in War of Atlas)

I am playing this build & have some questions.

What is the main source of life/ES recovery? I am level 35 & while I kill decently against he run of the mill mobs (using Freezing pulse) in leveling, I have an issue with life recovery (can't leech/ not sufficient regen), & the ones in the nexus hit me really hard & I need to spam life flash to survive.

I saw in the first post the recovery is from ES leech from Energy Leech support gem, but it's not the gem recommended in the main clearing stuff. What did I miss?

As a follow up question, what can I do to sustain life until I have ES later in level 62?

Last question, how do one get white sockets without corruption. Is is a new game craft introduced after War of Atlas?

The sustain of the build is actually very high, but not while leveling. It's a combination of ES regen (increased further by bloodrage+arakkali combo), ES leech from tree nodes and the ES leech gem, Vile Bastion occultist node giving us extra ES regen for every killed enemy, Zealot's Oath + life regen nodes...

However, until you get to levels 6X, life sustain is a bit more of a struggle. Really there are no miracle solutions here, just get as much life a you can on your gear, cap your resist, and chug your life flask like it's oktoberfest. Switching to CI with gear and grabbing Vile Bastion is a huge turning point.

The "main clearing staff" is about just clearing trash mobs in map as fast a possible, where you don't take that much damage, so all the sources of sustain I cited above are enough to keep us topped off no problem, so we can use another gem than ES leech to make our Winter Orb even stronger, use Spell Cascade, etc.. In the bossing staff, having ES leech gem becomes more necessary for extra leech and also we tend to be hurt a lot more frequently, so the bonus damage while not being at full ES also kicks in.

As for getting white sockets on gear, it's a thing you can obtain from the Syndicate safehouses if you put Vorici in Research.
"
staticprevails a écrit :
"
KiadawP a écrit :
Hello, Thanks for the guide. I am a returning player (last played in War of Atlas)

I am playing this build & have some questions.

What is the main source of life/ES recovery? I am level 35 & while I kill decently against he run of the mill mobs (using Freezing pulse) in leveling, I have an issue with life recovery (can't leech/ not sufficient regen), & the ones in the nexus hit me really hard & I need to spam life flash to survive.

I saw in the first post the recovery is from ES leech from Energy Leech support gem, but it's not the gem recommended in the main clearing stuff. What did I miss?

As a follow up question, what can I do to sustain life until I have ES later in level 62?

Last question, how do one get white sockets without corruption. Is is a new game craft introduced after War of Atlas?

The sustain of the build is actually very high, but not while leveling. It's a combination of ES regen (increased further by bloodrage+arakkali combo), ES leech from tree nodes and the ES leech gem, Vile Bastion occultist node giving us extra ES regen for every killed enemy, Zealot's Oath + life regen nodes...

However, until you get to levels 6X, life sustain is a bit more of a struggle. Really there are no miracle solutions here, just get as much life a you can on your gear, cap your resist, and chug your life flask like it's oktoberfest. Switching to CI with gear and grabbing Vile Bastion is a huge turning point.

The "main clearing staff" is about just clearing trash mobs in map as fast a possible, where you don't take that much damage, so all the sources of sustain I cited above are enough to keep us topped off no problem, so we can use another gem than ES leech to make our Winter Orb even stronger, use Spell Cascade, etc.. In the bossing staff, having ES leech gem becomes more necessary for extra leech and also we tend to be hurt a lot more frequently, so the bonus damage while not being at full ES also kicks in.

As for getting white sockets on gear, it's a thing you can obtain from the Syndicate safehouses if you put Vorici in Research.

Thanks, that is very helpful
So where exactly do we put ES Leech? Does it replace Life Leech in the boss staff? Also any suggestions for next upgrades would be great!
Dernière édition par nathan0726, le 23 mars 2019 20:06:05
Just beat the final boss of the league - Venarius in a level 80 area:

Went blind inside, and managed not to die lol, but the fight is quite intense i could say...

Won't spoil much of the fight but most af the boss skills can be face tanked i think, didn't went below 5K ES (from 12.3K) but i dodged some moves that seemed dangerous :)

Some screens:

From what i know from GGG, with the next patch, mods of the area where you find boss will apply to boss itself which not sound good. This boss didn't inherit the mods of the area, so if you get one on the map do it before the patch , it will be way harder after if those mods will be applied to the boss!

and the drop from boss:

Boss also dropped 2 x 3 fractured mods items, first items with 3 fractured mods i have seen so i think there were they drop.
Dernière édition par lilianmarius, le 23 mars 2019 22:07:12
Congrats! That sceptre is worth...ugh...6 chaos? That sucks...glad you enjoyed the fight...the rewards seem lousy...unless those 3 mod items are worth a lot?
Dernière édition par SasoriOtoko, le 23 mars 2019 22:35:44
Is it better to get a watcher's eye with Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hi or with increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate?
"
LadyLoriana a écrit :
Is it better to get a watcher's eye with Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hi or with increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate?

I'm using an ES on hit watcher's eye and I can tell you that while mapping and delving, the ES on hit is amazing.

I'm assuming that extra recovery rate would be better for bossing, especially when facing bosses with phases such as the eradicator, primordial blocks, chimera, hydra, uber elder, and anything along those lines.

Some of those encounters are sketchy to run with blood rage so using the recovery pantheon might not always work. An extra 20%+ from the ring might actually make up for the BR+IC+pantheon setup.

Even with dozens of ice shards hitting a boss, I doubt that 20smth es on hit is enough to sustain while face tanking anyway. But I bought mine because the ES recovery jwls are cheap and they'll probably only get cheaper so I can snag one later on and test on end-game fights.

I'm also trying to get to 100 so I'm constantly lvling and I can't really focus on doing end-game content above shaper / uber atziri in difficulty. Losing any xp on this build is soul crushing. :)

IMO, i think that the es on hit jwl would better fit builds that are more mobile aka brand builds. There, you can run away avoid some stuff and still leech + get instant es on hit. But atm I think they are overpriced. I paid over 3ex for mine and have not gotten my investment back in terms of what content I can tackle better with it. Sometimes I feel like swapping it for a 20+ int ring for the dmg and slight ES increase.
Did anyone tried to replace CWDT + ball of lightning + curse on hit + enfeeble/frostbite + blind with manually casted frost bomb + curse on hit + both curses (enfeeble + frostbite) + blind?
Second curse node takes only 4-5 passive points and means another permanent -40% cold resist...
We cast frostbomb all the time anyway(when mobs don't die in one second) so there is probably no drawback?
And Ball of lightning procs still only when we got hit = mobs dont die in one second again.

What do you think?
"
Did anyone tried to replace CWDT + ball of lightning + curse on hit + enfeeble/frostbite + blind with manually casted frost bomb + curse on hit + both curses (enfeeble + frostbite) + blind?
Second curse node takes only 4-5 passive points and means another permanent -40% cold resist...
We cast frostbomb all the time anyway(when mobs don't die in one second) so there is probably no drawback?
And Ball of lightning procs still only when we got hit = mobs dont die in one second again.

What do you think?

I personally prefer to use CWDT + Curse, basic setup. I don't feel like investing in a 5L unless i'm going to be chaining uber elders which is highly unlikely. And even then, I'm not sure that there would be a huge difference. If your ES is big enough to handle two big hits in succession you're good.

If your es is like mine (9.6kish) then you can't tank two successive hits whether you use a lvl 1 or lvl 20 curse.

Frostbomb will only curse when it hits. It already has a cd and a duration tag and with the duration nodes + duration scaling from int, it would take too long to curse with it.

Secondly, you often get small hits in before you even start channeling. The build has no evasion block dodge to reliably avoid dmg. So,even the smallest hit from the edge of the screen triggers either the curse directly in an area or a small slow moving BL + COH.This means that you can curse behind you to your left to your right etc even though you're fighting with a pack or mob in front of you.

Youdon't have to wait for the cd to go down and throw a curse behind you.

There's also the self-casting mechanic that becomes troublesome. Do you really throw frost bombs all the time? I know I don't. I only use it on red beasts and bosses. That's just one more button i really don't want to have to press all the time. THe build is slow enough as it is.

As for the dual cursing, I think that even with a 100 lvl WI Occultist, the point investment is not worth it. Remember that curses have a shit effect on bosses. The dps boost would probably be the same as investing those points in int (dps and es) or the cold and chill nodes above the Witch area (in might of the meek version of the build). Or extra leech underneath the Shadow power charge.

I would probably still opt for reliable AOE cursing with CWDT + Enfeeble or Temp Chains if you want, without the BL + COH setup. I use this whether i'm mapping or bossing because the frostbite... well I don't need. And, if I run out of curse immune flask charges, curse reflection won't affect me too much. Frostbite on me would mean that I would take massive cold dmg and my wise oak wouldn't give me a dps boost anymore. On the other hand, being curse with a low lvl enfeeble does almost nothing to my dps or sustain.

LE: the main idea in this long post is that with self casting Frostbomb + curse you lose curse reliability and curse sustain. With a CWDT setup you more or less curse all monsters on screen all the time.
Dernière édition par LastMagus, le 24 mars 2019 08:54:55

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires