[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
LastMagus a écrit :
Yeah face tanking is not really an option without micromanaging flasks for each guardian fight. That being said, phoenix is easy to kite and minotaur goes down fast. The biggest issues I had so far ... hydra (by the time you see her pop up after the phase and lay down some icestorm... you better have flasks to run away)

And chimera... what can i say about this dude...

1. i can't see the smoke. it's blackish not grey and all over the map. Wasted 5 portals only on the smoke phases trying to find chimera. basalt flask up, no dice,

With my char last league starting with around 2100-2150 Intelligence and 12k-12.5k ES i didnt feel anymore the need to switch any of the basic flask setup or to use any specific aura in different T16 Guardians fights being them Elder's or Shaper's Guardians. And this even for -min max resistances or added damage mods maps.

For Minotaur only thing you need to care when you first dash to him is that you can miss to get in it's melee arange with flame dash and by doing this you trigger his Burrow skill that can pass right through you if you are unlucky dealing lots of damage and possible 1-shoot you.

For Phoenix just lure him to one corner and nuke him there, i didn't feel the need to dodge any of his dangerous skills (Phoenix Firebomb, Whirling Charge) he would went down fast enough to not cast more than 1-2.

Hydra which was a pain in the ass in the past with Ascendant full fire conversion version with some nasty maps modifiers felt to me really easy last league playing Occultist and being fully immune to chill, freeze and stun.
You can't kill it just in first phase but after she re-spawn most of the time she didn't had the chance to disappear again. Just nuke her while you always dash behind her back in melee range to avoid some of her dangerous melee hits.
With the Ascendant version had to go in the lower right corner of the map in a spot where Frostbolts from those cannons don't hit you and DPS her from there without moving, not needed anymore with Occultist version.

Chimera is easy, the fog phase is dangerous sometimes depending of the mods of the map, i always pop-up Basalt + Quicksilver before going in to the fog and 95% of the time i had no issues with finding him before the fog could kill me. Don't forget you also could use Vaal Discipline here and also i always removed BR in Chimera fight. Now when we have also some ES regen from ZO fog phase seems easier. Sometimes i nuked him so fast that the fog phase was skipped entirely but that requires some decent DPS.

Elder's Guardians are a joke compared to Shaper's ones for same map level (T16).
Keep in mind that you don't have nasty mods when fighting Elder's Guardians.
For me the most annoying (not dangerous just annoying) is not Eradicator but Constrictor with his skills that slow you down if you stay still.

Other than that, with decent ES pool you can even face tank Super lightning tendrils and Storm Bolts skills of Eradicator with no issue.

Yes, we have lower leech cap now than previous versions using Vaal Pact, that can be compensate for end-game bosses by using Watcher's Eye 30% increased ER recovery mod together with 50% increased Recovery mod triggered by BR. We also have some regen now who can compensate a bit the lower leech cap and most important don't forget that now Enfeeble is more efficient against bosses that it was before.
Dernière édition par lilianmarius, le 22 mars 2019 11:10:52
"
lilianmarius a écrit :
Chimera is easy, the fog phase is dangerous sometimes depending of the mods of the map, i always pop-up Basalt + Quicksilver before going in to the fog and 95% of the time i had no issues with finding him before the fog could kill me.

Last time I did it (during delve league) I had the same issue than LastMagus: the fog was invisible
Dernière édition par AsbelFar, le 22 mars 2019 11:06:01
"
lilianmarius a écrit :
"
LastMagus a écrit :
Yeah face tanking is not really an option without micromanaging flasks for each guardian fight. That being said, phoenix is easy to kite and minotaur goes down fast. The biggest issues I had so far ... hydra (by the time you see her pop up after the phase and lay down some icestorm... you better have flasks to run away)

And chimera... what can i say about this dude...

1. i can't see the smoke. it's blackish not grey and all over the map. Wasted 5 portals only on the smoke phases trying to find chimera. basalt flask up, no dice,

With my char last league starting with around 2100-2150 Intelligence and 12k-12.5k ES i didnt feel anymore the need to switch any of the basic flask setup or to use any specific aura in different T16 Guardians fights being them Elder's or Shaper's Guardians. And this even for -min max resistances or added damage mods maps.

For Minotaur only thing you need to care when you first dash to him is that you can miss to get in it's melee area with first dash and by doing that you trigger his Burrow skill that can pass right through you if you are unlucky dealing lots of damage and possible 1-shoot you.

For Phoenix just lure him to one corner and nuke him there, i didn't feel the need to dodge any of his dangerous skills (Phoenix Firebomb, Whirling Charge) he would went down fast enough to not cast more than 1-2.

Hydra which was a pain in the ass in the past with Ascendant full fire conversion version with some nasty maps modifiers felt to me really easy last league playing Occultist and being fully immune to chill, freeze and stun.
You can't kill it just in first phase but after she re-spawn most of the time she didn't had the chance to disappear again. Just nuke her while you always dash behind her back in melee range to avoid soem of her dangerous melee hits.
With the Ascendant version had to go in the lower right corner of the map in a spot where Frostbolts from those cannons don't hit you and DPS her from there without moving, not needed anymore with Occultist version.

Chimera is easy, the fog phase is dangerous sometimes depending of the mods of the map, i always pop-up Basalt + Quicksilver before going in to the fog and 95% of the time i had no issues with finding him before the fog could kill me. Don't forget you also could use Vaal Discipline here and also i always removed BR in Chimera fight. Now when we have also some ES regen from ZO fog phase seems easier. Sometimes i nuked him so fast that the fog phase was skipped entirely but that requires some decent DPS.

Elder's Guardians are a joke compared to Shaper's one for same map level (T16)
Keep in mind that you don't have nasty mods when fighting Elder's Guardians.
For me the most annoying (not dangerous just annoying) is not Eradicator but Constrictor with his skills that slow you down if you stay still.

Other than that, with decent ES pool you can even face tank Super lightning tendrils and Storm Bolts skills of Eradicator with no issue.

Yes, we have lower leech cap now than previous versions using Vaal Pact, that can be compensate for end-game bosses by using Watcher's Eye 30% increased ER recovery mod together with 50% increased Recovery mod triggered by BR. We also have some regen now who can compensate a bit the lower leech cap and most important don't forget that now Enfeeble is more efficient against bosses that it was before.

Yeah but see, you're talking about massive int, es, and dps numbers. My 1770 int is a far cry from 2100. And I was talking about 3.6 not 3.5 :). Chimera is RNG and my RNG is shit. I always found him in the last smoke on the map.I also get rekt with a single dmg mod because he hits me every single time when phased. Another problem, smoke is buggy. Sometimes it's white and i can see it other times it's not.

Phoenix I can't face tank on 9.6k ES because he also hits me constantly so there's barely any time to leech back to full. And, each hit does more because I get -res in between hits. 12k es may be enough to tank a hit, 9k es is not enough to tank a big hit. Two full flask uses are not enough to down him even without ele res and no monster life.

And for me, yeah Eradicator is the only pain because he's the only one with immune phases where you can't leech. I have no prob with constrictor because he doesn't hit hard and there's always him or adds to leech from.

I suppose the only good thing that came out of this build is stun immunity and ailment immunity. As long as we can maintain str > dex.
"
SasoriOtoko a écrit :
"
Raphanasuan a écrit :
Hey,
thanks for the guide :)

How does this build fare in the Hall of the Grandmasters?

It does very well. I cleared it out last league before I had my endgame gear.

Tried it this league? There are some new chars in it. As I previously mentioned a couple of pages back, there's a GC miner in one of the rooms that has 1.5 screens aoe. Gl killing him because you won't be able to one-shot him and you won't get close enough to lay down icestorm and leech through the mines.

He backs up when he sees you, lays down all the mines and instantly activates them all. You don't get to cast 1 icestorm before they go off.

HOGM needs some testing with a self-cast version and multiple flask swaps. The new block gem also seems kinda bad.
So I was able to get +2 winter orb stage on Doedre's Scorn for my helm. Chest is presently 6Linked with:
CWDT - Ball Lightning - Curse of Hit - Frostbite - Blind - Herald of Ice

Any thoughts on trying to take advantage of the extra damage from curses on Doedre's? I'm fine with it being a mediocre ES / Int source with some ele damage though.
No, I haven't. Never met a HOTGM I couldn't win...I'll give it a try once I get my endgame gear. I'm not afraid of no stinkin' miners! :)
Dernière édition par SasoriOtoko, le 22 mars 2019 11:44:06
So i'm in a no leech map, but I'm LEECHING. The map mod says can't leech life/mana so I guess because we are not technically leeching life the no leech mod has no effect.
"
Kelvynn a écrit :
"
3.6.2:

Spell Cascade Support can now support Triggered Spells.

Welcome back, Spell Cascade! You were missed! :)

Spell Cascade is amazing! Glad I stuck with the build because its actually pretty sick now that spell cascade was fixed. Seeing the whole screen filled with ice storm is pretty cool.

Hopefully more people find out about this build. .
noticed it doesnt show in the witch section when selecting occultist or any other ascendancy. Can you fix that still?
How important is str>dex for ignite immunity? Not sure how often I get ignite on me.
"
Shock3r19711 a écrit :
How important is str>dex for ignite immunity? Not sure how often I get ignite on me.

If you find an Aul with added fire damage and "mobs hits always ignite" area mods you are quite focked... Tested it myself last league
Dernière édition par lilianmarius, le 22 mars 2019 12:03:13

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires